[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't decide whether or not to press charges. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: lemon.jpg (36KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
lemon.jpg
36KB, 460x460px
I can't decide whether or not to press charges.

I'm 18, I was punched twice in the face by a 17 year old kid in my high school. I was talking to his girlfriend, but I wasn't flirting with her. He came up acting insecure and jealous, trying to egg me on to fight. I told him he was being insecure and he needed to calm down. He loses it after that and starts punching. I didn't fight back or say anything expletive, just took the hits. All I got was a small bruise.

Anyways, after the principal and the police handled the situation, I couldn't decide whether or not to press charges.

On one hand, it was just a two punches and the kid was some drugged-up ghetto white kid who probably wasn't thinking about the consequences. I also would like to get this whole thing over with as well.

On the other hand, everybody I talk to about it wants me to press charges. I personally want to as well, but I'm afraid he's going to retaliate because where he comes from, they probably believe in "snitches get stitches". I also believe that if he doesn't get punished now, he might do it again and hurt someone else.

I'm probably being paranoid because all he's going to get is a small punishment from juvenile court, but I just can't decide. Currently, he is in a rehab-type class he takes for anger management.

What do you guys think?
>>
do it. these kids never learn
>>
>>18078878
get over it.
>>
File: FullSizeRender 2.jpg (288KB, 1242x1123px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
288KB, 1242x1123px
take his wannabe ass to court he definitely won't learn any other way because he prolly has shitty parens who don't give two shits what he does
>>
>>18078878
I suggest trying to think about it from an outside perspective.

If that person punched somebody else in the same circumstances, how would you feel about it?
>>
100% definitely press charges. Why is this even a question? If he retaliates then press charges again. Eventually the system will break his spirit into pieces and only then does he have a chance of being a productive member of society.

Seriously fuck him up.
>>
>>18078885
I say press charges and then when the other faggot comes on here you can tell him 'get over it'. Because you're logically consistent aye buddy?
>>
>>18078878
Do it for real. He's gotta learn about natural consequences somehow.
>>
this kind of thing happened to me in middle school

so yeah we didn't press charges, but at 18, it's worth your time.
>>
>>18078878
Don't press charges, don't be the weiner who gets cops to fight his battles.

Make sure he knows your not pressing charges though. Make it known. The fun part about being the bigger man is making the other guy look small.
>>
>>18079073
I.E. make him look like the asshole here.
>>
>>18078878
My general feeling is that if someone acts like they need to be put in a cage, you should you assist in making sure that happens.

If this is someone you know has a history of this sort of behavior, you definitely should press charges. If you're uncertain, you could always talk to him and see what he's about. Some people make it really easy to decide.

If he threatens you, I would suggest letting the police know that too. He's at an age where prosecutors will consider whether or not he should be charged as an adult, and this would certainly weight in on that.
>>
>>18079073
More like 'tell him and everyone else that you are too scared of retaliation to even use your position of power to get back at him'

Yeah bro, real show of strength. I'm sure nobody will step on him again if he just takes it and then does literally nothing.

If someone comes into my office and punches me in the face, they will go to jail and I will bankrupt them. They can tell me all about how I'm letting the police fight my battles while their life is completely and permanently ruined. At least they were the 'bigger man' though right?
>>
>>18078878
first nice pic
second, don't fucking press police charges on two weakling punches
god first worlders are such sissies, wait till you get in some actual fight, there won't be anybody to protect you kiddo
>>
>>18079158
Wow, taking him to court, what a tough guy.
All that will accomplish is making him look like a petty loser who gets others to fight his battles. The guy who presses charges inspires neither fear or respect. No one is going to look at you and think "oh her whizz, I better not touch that guy! He'll sic his lawyers on me!"
>>
P R E S S
R
E
S
S
>>
>>18079175
>Fight his battles
Uhmm OP was just randomly assaulted by some wigger, there was no battle to begin with. Press charges and have a laugh m8
>>
>they probably believe in "snitches get stitches".

You gotta be either extremely ghetto or extremely stupid to retaliate against a police report. And if you're extremely ghetto then you have to pick your battles extremely careful because there are entire networks of detectives devoted to stopping witness intimidation.

If you stab or shitbeat a witness (read: anyone who talked to the police recently) in a good town then you're probably going to get LTFO for 10 years. You can get 5 years just from shitbeating a person under normal circumstances.

Judges have a lot of power to bust who they feel like busting. Every imaginable bias comes into play; people tell you it doesn't happen but what they're really telling you is to shut the fuck up and stop questioning the system.

"Intent to cause grievous bodily harm" - a hostile system can charge you with this over breaking a tooth or simply pummeling a guy's face after he gave your wife and daughter herpes.

"Attempted murder" - this is the classic fuck-you charge for anyone who continues punching an unconscious person, which is every ghetto fight ever. Truth be told people deserve to be locked up for this, but it should be charged as intentional grievous harm. If the system isn't hostile to you then beating a dude while he's out is just called aggravated battery.

But remember, some places the system is hostile to you. Figure this out before you get into a fight with anybody. Don't show up places where people fight if the system is hostile to you.
>>
>>18078878
Are you willing to press charges onto someone who's already failing at life?
The biggest fault at your end was not to defend yourself.
In my opinion, you want to press charges because you need to justify your lack of action back then. Whatever the outcome, you won't feel better about it, because the problem lies within you.
>>
>>18079158
Besides, you're not doing nothing, I said to tell him you won't press charges. You get up in his face and let him know he is neither worth your time nor energy and that you pity him. Shame him and make him look like a buffoon. If he punches you, fight back.
The only possible reason he'll look like a weakling is for his refusal to defend himself in the first place. He won't make himself look tougher by taking a kid to court.
>>
>>18079175
Gee* whizzz
>>
>>18079175
Doesn't matter. I already have respect by being a respectable person. You press charges because it makes you feel better to fuck up your life. Also you make the world a better place by doing it.

Also people literally are afraid to punch me because I would fuck up their lives. The rule of law is why pretty much everyone resists their violent impulses.
>>
>>18079195
Highschooler detected. Then what do you do when he gets his 6 wigger mates to vandalise your house? Throw the fucking book at him stop being such a pussy too scared that if you get revenge you won't be popular with the povo kids.
>>
>>18079188
This is 100% bs. You will feel way better because you would have come out in the better position and justifiably so.
>>
absolutely do it, dumbfucks need shit like this to happen or they'll never learn
>>
>>18079186
While all that is logical. You're neglecting one major factor that totally destroys your entire argument. Teenagers are fucking stupid, in general, and most people are fucking stupid and act irrationally all the time. It's why people get in trouble doing all those things you just said. It happens because people are dumb, and you're giving teenage kids too much credit. These people don't understand the long term consequences for their actions. This applies to any demographic. It doesn't just have to be the "ghetto". Rich whites kids are just as bad because they think they're above it all. It happens to the kids in the middle too. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>18079231
>I got hit 2 times by somebody and did nothing
>I'll press charges now
>i won't even regret fucking up somebody's life just because they were immature 17 yo's
Holy fuck, by your logic people who pass 15 years old mark should be threated the same was as 50 year olds who have tons of experience under their belts. Youth has its own rules, don't judge teenagers just because they did one stupid thing.
>>
>>18079188
I would also advise OP to not bother, but seriously you need to put those shaming tactics in the microwave for 10 minutes then shove them up your ass. People use shaming tactics for every single thing these days; it's not funny and it's not persuasive.

It's none of OP's fault if the other guy goes to jail. And if the other guy tries to retaliate then most of USA's landmass will not press charges if you kill in self-defense.

>inb4 crybabying about the right to defend yourself
>>
>>18079228
And the wigger going to jail will somehow make his friends less likely to come after you? Taking someone to court won't make his friends afraid, in fact that will only entice them to root you out and beat the shit out of you.
This may surprise you but people who are willing to come to your house and beat you aren't usually afraid of getting on the wrong side of the law in the first place.
>>
>>18079175
>what a tough guy

When you get out of highschool you'll realise it's not cool to win the competition of who can be the biggest chimp.

Money is power. What's more powerful than fighting one on one? Him getting his gang. What's more powerful than that? You telling an armed force to lock him up and permanently brand him a violent criminal who nobody should ever hire.

If you stopped after he gets his gang you can tell everyone you are the bigger man while you lie there with your clothes ripped and your face fucked up. They don't give a fuck because they won.

Or you can throw the book at them and they can bitch about how much of a pussy you are to their probation officer with a completely ruined life.

It's irrelevant who you think is the 'tough guy'. What matters in the real world is who ends up in the better position.
>>
>>18079180
Str8 up. This guy gets it.
>>
>>18079253
You real fuckin' stupid if you think six people are going to risk jail for you because your ass went to jail. If it's Chicago or LA then there's not much risk of getting arrested to have at it, but not every town is a total shithouse.

All seven of you are gonna be a jail fuckboy line-dancing stripper squad, while the real criminals play their homemade music instruments to keep a good rhythm for your dancing.
>>
>>18079253
Yes it will because they will hear about how he gets raped by the real criminals. They are genuinely likely to get afraid because they will see how horrible of a ride their friend is experiencing. If they come after you then you throw the book at them and they get 10+ years for witness intimidation. Either way it's the best option by far. Stop being so scared of everything and fight back with the actual powerful thing you have: an armed force.
>>
File: fuck patriarchy.png (1MB, 820x1018px) Image search: [Google]
fuck patriarchy.png
1MB, 820x1018px
From the 48 laws of power:

Crush your enemies completely.
>google the line above if you want to read/hear more
>>
>>18079224
>You press charges because it makes you feel better to fuck up your life
Legitimately not trying to be an asshole here but you meant "fuck up HIS life", right?
>>
>>18079248
Two. Punches.
OP did nothing.

Would you just let yourself get hit by somebody random without defending yourself? I am, and i never was supporting solving problems by fists. But the fact that fucking highschoolers would rather sue somebody because they got hit 2 times than man up and swallow it is pathetic. He should be ashamed that he didn't defend himself in any way. If you're not defending yourself, then how are you going to defend anybody who's important to you?
>>
>>18079267
Yes lol.
>>
>>18079269
By using the same shit stopping them getting raped and robbed right now: the goddamn law.
>>
>>18079274
Are You a teenager or an adult?
>>
>>18079269
Bottom line: it seriously does not matter what anyone cares.

If OP does not press charges, it means the entire ghetto has the right to assault him when they feel like. If he does press charges, then he accepts the fact that the state (look up your own damn state's laws, don't ask the dumbass internet other than asking google) --can determine what rights he has and doesn't have when it comes to defending himself.

Plenty of places will lock you up for fighting BACK against someone who runs up on you. Leave these places if you live in one, and don't go to jail because pretty much any jail will take any chance it can get to say you've committed another crime if you defend yourself.

Real life ain't a motherfucking boxing ring. If there are charges to press then press them, if he wants to fight more then just use whatever weapon your state will allow you to carry. Don't pick fights with strangers if you're not ready for them to be your last gunfight.
>>
File: images (27).jpg (21KB, 429x343px) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
21KB, 429x343px
>>18079269
This is your life philosophy:
OOOH EH OOH ARH! ARH! ARGH!

Don't listen to chimpy, OP. Make yourself a genuinely powerful person and put the money in the cage.

If a chimp starts going through your house breaking shit you don't turn away and let everyone know you are the bigger man. You get some fucking professionals to come and put chimpy in a cage. Sure he'll scream at you on the way out and if he knew english he'd probably call you a pussy for not fighting him directly, but you've gotta remember, chimpy is the one in the cage.
>>
>>18079280
21 so basically in the middle but I'm a suited professional so smart and socially competent.
>>
>>18079284
Jesus Christ, the guy who OP wants to press charges for is a motherfucking 17 year old. I never thought about life as a boxing ring, but be real here. I know what you've said, you know what you've said. But we got this knowledge through experience. This guy has none, he's goddamn immature boy who probably can't understand the way his hormones work. You make it look like he jumped OP with a knife/gun and was seriously threatening his life/health. I am not saying he did nothing wrong, but for me condemning somebody for 2 punches just to feel better is mindblowing.
>>18079308
Okay, so did u ever drink while being underage? Because if you did, you know that your parents could get into serious problems because of it? I am not saying you did, i'm just pointing out that teenagers do stupid shit. There's a difference between jumping somebody with a gun and getting 2 punches that barely left a sign.
>>
>>18079320
Fuck yeah I drank while underage. No my parents couldn't get in trouble with it because i am in a sensible country so any judge would slap that shit down pronto. Police actually wouldn't even waste their time.

You can't compare underage drinking to chimping out violently. I'm aware there are dumb laws that shouldn't be enforced, but the law against punching people for no reason isn't one of them.
>>
>>18079224
Always take the high road, anon.
I'm sure you're a respectable person but you risk diminishing that respect by taking a messed up kid to court over two little bruises.
You're not helping yourself or him by getting the law involved.

Go to him, tell him you heard he's in a shitty situation and that you feel sorry for him and you'll drop the charges.
Sure, watching him squirm in court will be fun but it won't make you feel good in the long run.
In the end all you'll have done is sent some sad insecure punk into an effectual rape factory. That will keep you up at night, anon.

If you send him to jail I guarantee he'll go in for a short time and come out angrier and shittier than before.

If he says your a pussy then just shrug and walk away. That's his problem.
If he comes at you defend yourself, if you beat the shit out of him people will believe you did in self defense given the description of this dude you given us.
>>
>>18079244
By 17 you should absolutely get charged for assault if you commit assault. Will you genuinely argue that 17 yearolds aren't old enough to know they shouldn't do that?
>>
>>18079339
You're*
Oops
>>
File: 1482815834109.jpg (88KB, 846x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482815834109.jpg
88KB, 846x960px
OP here

There are good points from both sides, and it's still conflicting to decide.

I want to point out that I was not expecting the first punch because I didn't think the kid was as crazy as he was. The first hit knocked off my glasses, so I could not see at all, and that's when he got the second punch in. Also, I figured that if I fought back, it would lead to me getting in trouble because I'm technically an adult, but honestly I don't know.

It happened on Monday, and I'm sure over this weekend any of the people in the high school are going to stop caring about it. However, I've been getting a lot of shit from other ghetto kids, and people have been treating me differently.

I don't know how badly his life will be fucked up. I've heard different things, from what I know, it's a $300 fine, some probation, and a mark on his permanent record. It might be less because he's already in anger-management class.

Lastly, I've signed up for wrestling and aikido because I want to be able to fight better next time this happens.

But right now, I'm leaning on pressing charges.
My biggest fear is him irrationally coming out and killing me, or my loved ones. Martial arts are good, but not when he has a gun and couple of other kids. I'm maybe being paranoid, but I've ever dealt with this situation before.
>>
>>18079328
See, you look at it from a perspective. If for example, you drank 1 shot too much and started choking then it wouldn't be so black and white anymore. I don't want you to change your way of thinking, because from your responses you seem like a reasonable man. All i'm trying to say is, the police was called already. Pressing charges would only make it worse for that guy, and there's a difference between beating somebody up dry and throwing two punches. If OP presses charges he would most definitely fuck up that guy's life. Is it really worth it to do so?
>>18079345
No, i wont. But will you geniuenly argue that 17 yearolds are emotionally mature enough to not let their emotions get better of them?
>>
>>18079339
>not helping yourself
Actually you are. Makes it way less likely to happen again to you or anyone else
>not helping him
Irrelevant, but actually it might help him. This kid is like this because his shitty behavior goes unpunished. Maybe it will be a wakeup call.

>Go to him, tell him you heard he's in a shitty situation and that you feel sorry for him and you'll drop the charges.

Then he gets defensive that you are being condescending, knows nothing will happen so he chimps out at you again then feels great like a real big tough guy.

>Sure, watching him squirm in court will be fun but it won't make you feel good in the long run.

Wrong. It will feel great forever and you will tell your kids about it so they get vale from learning the lesson theough story.

>In the end all you'll have done is sent some sad insecure punk into an effectual rape factory. That will keep you up at night, anon.

Wrong again. Jesus mate you are on a roll. You will go home feeling satisfied like you ate a big serving of revenge pie. It will feel great and keep feeling great.

> If you send him to jail I guarantee he'll go in for a short time and come out angrier and shittier than before
Also won't want to go back in. Also maybe he will learn this isn't the lifestyle for him before it is too late. You might get an apology and a thank you even. Probably not but either way chimpy isn't gonna fuck with you.

> If he comes at you defend yourself, if you beat the shit out of him people will believe you did in self defense given the description of this dude you given us.

Have you considered that maybe OP wouldn't win against this guy in a fist fight?
>>
>>18078922
Squat well, Slavo
>>
>>18079353
Good call pressing charges. Will probably get off lightly but if they know you won't bend to their peer pressure they will think twice before getting a permanent record. By not pressing charges the message you are sending is that there will be no consequences for their shitty actions.
>>
>>18079356
If a kid drinks too much and dies it's an unfortunate tragedy like if they crazhed their car. It is still black and white and the parents shouldn't get prosecuted.

I'm not arguing that all 17 yearolds are mature enough to not let their emotions get the better of them. I'm arguing that when they do, they should be punished so that they are less lilely to do it again.

A big factor that causes teenagers to be fuckwits is the belief that they don't have to act civilised because they can use being a kid as an excuse.
>>
>>18079353
Okay, i'm a guy who posted
>>18079188
>>18079244
>>18079269
>>18079320
>>18079356
My main point was, we didn't know who the hell that kid was. From your post right now i see this shitter (yeah i said it) has alot more problems going for him. The ghetto kids will give you alot of shit regardless, you'll either be a pussy because you didn't do shit or a snitch because you pressed charges. Right now i'd press charges, but only after consulting somebody who deals with such stuff on daily basis. You're in a fucked up situation because you have to deal with all that ghetto stuff, i had no idea you're going to school that can't deal with such stuff.
>>
File: 4L_6pyDUhC1.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
4L_6pyDUhC1.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
>>18079044

>>The system will break his spirit.

Good. Good...
>>
>>18079383

It's alright, and yeah, ghetto kids are ridiculous. I'll talk to someone more involved in juvenile things, and see what they say.

Yeah, the school has only had two fights before in it's history. It's only been around for 6 years and its a charter school. I don't think they know how to handle it.
>>
>>18079240
Dumbasses who cannot control themselves and are a danger to society (which means ANYONE) belong in cages.

>>18079244
Right, because the kid who hit him has no responsibility for his own behavior and should face no consequences.

Where do you think violent, impulsive adults come from? With few exceptions, they're first violent impulsive children, and if that behavior is not corrected in childhood, they continue it as adults.

>>18079253
Pressing charges is the responsible thing to do, if OP thinks that the person in question should be in jail. Even though it's juvenile, once that criminal system track record is started, it makes it so much easier and more likely for the criminal system to claim someone who belongs there.

>>18079269
Pressing charges is not "suing" someone, and OP doesn't even have to press charges for the state to take action against the kid who hit him. Pressing charges makes it EASIER for the state to proceed, and thus more likely.

This isn't about retaliation or redress, it's about letting the state handle a violent person.

Not responding with violence in a situation where there is no real physical danger and where there is going to be a swift response from others who are authorized to handle the violence IS self-defense.

Not understanding that means you don't understand how society works or that your ideas about what is important to you are extremely short-sighted.
>>
>>18078878
press charges. if he's an otherwise good kid, it'll get plead down to practically nothing, but will still be enough of a wake up call for him to fix himself. if he has a record, he'll get fucked like he deserves to. either way, he'll have to deal with the consequences of his actions.
>>
Tell him youll press charges unless he lets you fuck his girlfriend
>>
File: andnotafapwashadthatday.gif (574KB, 250x164px) Image search: [Google]
andnotafapwashadthatday.gif
574KB, 250x164px
>>18078878
Press charges and fuck his girflriend

>>18079440
This is also a very good option though and I also highly recommend it
>>
>>18078878
The cops and law should stay out of matters of relationships unless someone is about to die. Don't talk to other people's girlfriends if they don't like it. You need to be more respectful, lest you want people to start targeting you for harassment or trying to get with your future girlfriend.
>>
>>18079971
Dafuq? There's no problem in talking to girls man!

Regarding op, press charges. You aren't deciding anything. That's why there are judges.
>>
>>18079256
>When you get out of highschool you'll realise it's not cool to win the competition of who can be the biggest chimp.

Qft. Absolutely underrated post.
>>
>>18078878
I say don't take it to court but ask to have the guy who punched you, sit down with you, one on one in a controlled environment where he can't hurt you. Then proceed to lecture him how lucky he is that you have decided to not press charges and not screw his life, and his familys life up. Tell him your feelings and make it clear that he needs to learn maturity. Because his aggressive actions could land him in court then jail or even dead if he fucks with the wrong person.
>>
>>18079175
Actually, thugs hesitate to touch people who can call and will upon the police for help.
>>
>>18079224
>You press charges because it makes you feel better to fuck up your life
You press charges so that others will think twice before fucking with you.
>>
>>18078878
>anger management
Cut his balls off, no joke.
>>
>>18079073
Don't listen to this guy. Letting someone hit you and then bragging about NOT pressing charges will make you look like you're scared to bother him with a court battle.

Court battles are going to be seen as cowardly anyway, but you might as well do it to teach the fag a lesson, and it's less of a lousy move than anything else you can do at this point. Make him realize fucking with you has consequences.
>>
>>18078922
Squat well, Slavo
>>
>>18078922
Squat well slavo
>>
Don't go to court. Kick his ass once and he will leave you alone.
>>
>>18078878
You should absolutely press charges. Anyone who goes around starting fights like a faggot is a lost cause waste of life. He deserves to suffer.
>>
>>18078878
You should have kicked his face real good and put him where he belongs.
>>
>>18078878
OP needs to get away from all this white trash and that includes the girl. In ten years this 17 year old punk with be on oxy or a meth head and spend his adult life in and out of prison. The girl sucking dick for weed, a fat ass and a couple kids and she doesn't know who the father is.

Again, OP get your ass in college and away from this bottom sludge.

Second, the kid is already in trouble and has to take anger management classes which obviously not working. You need to file a police report and this will likely send him to juvenile detention for breaking probation. Get that worthless ass off the street.
>>
>>18078922
Squat well, Slavo
>>
>>18078922
squat well slavo
>>
>>18078922
Squat well, slavo
>>
>>18078922
Squat well slavo
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.