[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question here, I always see normies talking about >Having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5671.png (36KB, 690x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5671.png
36KB, 690x539px
Honest question here, I always see normies talking about

>Having a gf won't make you happy anon!

Then why even get one?
>>
Because having a girlfriend wont make you happy in its own right. If you're unhappy without a girlfriend, you're going to be happy with a girlfriend. Relationships are a supplement to a happy life, not a reason for ta happy life.
>>
I think they're referring more to
>Getting a gf won't solve your problem.
Yes, being in a relationship, or even a good friendship, does bring happiness. But they don't solve all your unhappiness.
You have to be happy with yourself before others can bring you happiness.
>>
>>18078745
I guess it is like this at least for me. When I am with her I am happy and enjoy doing whatever it is we are doing. However when she leaves I quickly revert back to being my unhappy self.
>>
I don't know how I feel about the whole notion of "you have to be happy by yourself first."

Even when I was a little kid (like 4 or 5), I remember fantasizing about having a wife and having a family of my own. I think we all have ambitions and creative energies that define our life's purpose and are the source of our true fulfillment.

I think for myself and people like me, the thing we aspire towards and want to create is intense connections with others and certain kinds of relationships in our lives that largely preclude the possibility of being really happy on our own first.
>>
>doing things for people makes me happy
>nobody to do things for
>not happy
>getting a girlfriend would give me someone to do things for
>this would make me happy
>>
What they really mean is giving a half assed effort to getting a girl results in less happiness than they would want you to have, so basically they're saying stay jealous, single, and that's about all i give a fuck about your happiness
>>
>>18078745

It means you're obsessed with an ideal and have a void that you think has an almost magic fix. It means that having a girlfriend isn't this magic pill that makes you suddenly feel fulfilled, because being in a relationship isn't like your anime. It requires work and sacrifice, and looking for *just anyone* will mean that you'll end up with someone who doesn't agree with your lifestyle.

I know it's like telling someone they don't want a Mercedes because of the cost of maintenance, but it's true.
>>
>>18079196
But what if I'm not happy cause I realise my terrible social abilities are bringing me down, and the reason I have these issues is cause I want to be judged well by women in the off chance one likes me.
If I get a gf I'll feel less compelled to please everyone that I dont need to.
>>
>>18079040
Do something for me anon senpai.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.