[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone recommend me some good ear plugs that will stop all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Can someone recommend me some good ear plugs that will stop all noise?

My roommate snores like a fucking monster. I throw shit at him, which will stop it for maybe an hour and then he'll start snoring again. I've tried regular ear plugs that I bought at the pharmacy, but they don't fully stop the sound. I've also tried earphones, which work better if I put on some chill music, but my ears hurt in the morning and my phone is all hot in the morning.
>>
Being broke means you put up with more bullshit in life.

The less an apartment costs, the less soundproof its walls. The higher the rent is relative to your paycheck, the more roommates you will need to have. Your roommates will also be broke hobos much like yourself.
>>
I happen to be an expert on the topic of sleeping through noise. Earplugs will never work, because you're consciously trying to block all noise, which is impossible, and your mind will focus on trying to pick up the noises to see if you are indeed blocking the noises.

What you need to do is get a white noise maker or listen to one on your computer or something while you sleep. You will then focus on this constant foreground noise and the background noises will become irrelevant to you.
>>
>>18078005

I don't see how this is relevant, but I'm far from broke :^)

I'm technically still a student so I live in a dorm, go to work every day and get paid well above average for my country. I could easily get my own apartment but why the fuck should I, if I can pay $120 for a 50m^2 apartment with 100/100 internet.
>>
>>18078020

What makes you an expert?

The problem with this is that I sleep on my side, which makes in uncomfortable if I'm wearing earphones.
>>
>>18078020
Person with tinnitus seconding this. The more you focus on a noise, the louder it gets.

Earplugs help, but you also need something else to listen to, otherwise even the slightest will still penetrate and annoy you.

Try earplugs and playing music or white noise with sleeping headphones. They're flat and sit inside of a headband, and are actually comfortable. They've saved my life.

Also, get your roommate to get checked for sleep apnea. Getting that treated will not only be good for him, but good for you, too.
>>
>>18078070
Hm, sleepphones look comfortable, but they don't look like they would block much sound out.
>>
>>18078097
They won't, so have earplugs underneath. Then headphones on top to make sound that does come through something you actually want to hear.
>>
>>18078055
I worked gradeyard shift for 3 years and shared a 3 bedroom apartment with 4 other roommates. When you literally need to sleep from like noon to 8, and there are 4 other people right next to you and a pool outside your window kids play in, you just have no other choice but to adapt.
>>
>>18078055
And don't wear earphones. Talk to your roommate about it and suggest the white noise maker as a compromise. The white noise maker basically sounded like a fan, but didn't blow air. It was surprisingly effective.
>>
Buy room-mate a "snorban". Worked for me. Chill.
>>
>>18077994
You should never sleep with your ears covered or plugged. You need air in that canal too bud, lots of bacteria.
>>
File: IMG_4194.jpg (40KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4194.jpg
40KB, 350x350px
Get swimmer's earplugs. The foamy bullet-shaped shit is useless.
You want them to be silicone material, usually a tree shape, with "tiers". These are the kind I use.
My boyfriend snores like a train right next to me and I sleep through the night. (Helps if I fall asleep first.)
>>
>>18078070
This ^
>>
>>18078070
Another person with tinnitus thirding.

However, I've found that irregular loud clanging noise still wakes you up. I sleep next to a tram line and don't mind, I've slept with ticking clocks, close to roads, but sudden clanging and I'm wide the fuck awake.
>>
>>18077994

i have big ear canals and use these because of their flare.

Do you have to sleep in the same room with them?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.