[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to proceed if you have feelings for a friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What is the best way to proceed if you have feelings for a friend and they don't reciprocate?

I have strong feelings for my good (and only) friend. Things have gotten awkward between us and we don't talk like we used to because of it. She's also in a relationship and I can barely be around her any more because I get extremely depressed and anxious when I'm around them. Not that I'm not depressed and other times too, it's just worse then.

I considered cutting off all contact, but am hesitant to do that for several reasons. I'm trying not to let the sunk cost fallacy influence my decision, but at the same time I don't have anybody else to talk to at all and I know that she values me as a friend, so I don't want to hurt her by just cutting her off.

What do?
>>
sexual assault
>>
>>18077505

Make more friends. Your current situation is not healthy and it won't last unless you start hanghing out with more people. No need to cut contact, but for God's sake, expand your social circle.
>>
>>18077505
dead end OP. Only way is to move on and cut contact.

Lets be real here. She thinks of you as a friend but she isn't your friend but an impossible dream.
>>
>>18077517
No one's ever been able to explain to me how to do that. I have no idea where you go or what you do to make friends.
>>
>>18077524

Just be there and interact. In class, at work, at the gym, on the comic book store, etc.

There's not a single method and there's not a single place. Just talk to the people around you.
>>
You're not going to change anything if you don't increase your sexual market value.

Having all of the friends in the world won't mean much if all of them see you as just a friend.

You need to eat meat, you need to lift, and you need to refine your personality into something more outgoing and dominant. After that, it's just a matter of telling the truth about what you're looking for instead of acting like you just want to BE a regular friend to other people.
>>
>>18077545

Friends are not make this girl like him. That's already a lost cause.

Friends will make him be happier and less anxious around girls in the future.
>>
>>18077533
I tried to do that for a long time. Over a few years of frequenting book stores and working I met a few people and almost immediately lost contact with them. Something just didn't click.
>>
>confessing to a girl with a boyfriend
Absolutely disgusting piece of filth tier
>>
>>18077571

Then you keep trying. Not everyone will be your friend. And start thinking about why they might reject you. Are you coming on two strong? Maybe focusong too much on them and not adding to thw conversation? Think and find any problem you might have.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.