[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>34, male >Still getting fucking acne, on my shoulders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Paper-Bag-On-Head-image-lesk.jpg (88KB, 640x649px) Image search: [Google]
Paper-Bag-On-Head-image-lesk.jpg
88KB, 640x649px
>34, male
>Still getting fucking acne, on my shoulders too.
>Skin dry as fuck
>Tried everything past 20 years to combat it
>Rosacea developing on nose and cheeks

My hygiene is impeccable. I use expensive acne cream, I moisturise, I use Apple Cider Vinegar. My skin still looks horrendous. My diet is healthy, I drink loads of water. I do suffer with lots of stress and anxiety and I often wonder if that is responsible

Any advice for better skin?
>>
A friend of mine has a prescription for birth control pills which really helps against their acne.
>>
>>18077291
A few things to keep in mind.

The most efficacious drug is Isotretinoin(market name Accutane). If you havent tried that, do. It has severe side effects(can wreck your kidney, liver, and trigger an emotional crisis), and should be monitored closely. Absolutely under medical supervision.

Two, too much creams and soaps actually irritate the skin more, causing more acne. What helped for me was to forego all medication, and use freshly washed pillow covers every night.
>>
>>18077297

No way would I take anything with female hormones in it

>>18077497

I have never taken Accutane for the reasons you stated. I wash my face twice a day because I feel its necessary. Maybe I should just do it once.

I've been researching Zinc. I tried it for a while but not long enough to test the effects. Also, some cream with silver in it is supposed to be great. I might try that.

I'll try anything at this point. My skin has been truly ravaged over the years
>>
>>18077291
stop fapping (no joke)
apply zinccream
>>
>>18078000

currently on day 8 of nofap
>>
>>18077291
Go to the dermatologist.

On a super real note, AHA's have helped me a LOT. Research AHA's, get on reddit's acne sub.

Right now eb5 exfoliating cleanser, ponds rejuveness, burts bees acne and brightening products, and a neutrogena ultra gentle facial cleanser have been giving me my life back. I use whatever I feel like I need. Most days one of the times I wash my face I'll use the ultra gentle since washing twice a day messes with my skin. I also wash my sheets often and switch my pillow cases as often as I can, no more than 5 days with the same pillow case. I've bought plenty of pillow cases to have readily available and clean. AND I switched to a gentle dye/fragrance free body soap and laundry detergent (dove and "All"). My face has never been more clear.

I have rosacea on nose and cheeks as well, although mild and not concerning me at all compared to my acne.
>>
>>18077497
Isotretinoin is what you need as it's the only non-hormonal medication available that can drastically reduce sebaceous gland activity. Typically patients remain relatively free of acne an those who relapse usually then respond well to a second course.

Isotretinoin (Accutane) gets a rather unfairly negative reaction due to a supposed link with depression, however statistically speaking there is no notable disparity between those who are taking the drug compared with the rest of the population.Unfortunately, the way drug side effects are listed is by people reporting ANY adverse symptom while on a drug, eenif the cause is totally unrelated.

With regards to liver/kidney issues, this is why blood monitoring is done. Severe effects are very rare.

As a personal aside I took Accutane several years ago, and while I get the odd spot I have not had acne since. I had no side effects except a dry mouth.
>>
>>18079019
Definitely causes low mood and low energy. I know this is anecdotal but I went on it thinking like you: yeah the depression shit is bullshit. Insufficient evidence.
>>
>>18079027
I didn't experience a low mood, but it's different for everyone I guess. It does cross the blood-brain barrier so who knows.

With that said, there are very few treatment options for men that are effective for stubborn acne that fails to improve with topical therapy and antibiotics.Accutane is still the best course of action in my view, as in the longer term the sustained reduction of acne often improves mood and quality of life. Before accutane came along, very high doses of vitamin A were prescribed by dermatologists for recalcitrant acne, which wasn't an ideal situation as the risks of liver/kidney damage were much much higher. Isotretinoin doesn't affect the body in this way quite so badly.

There's been a handful of drugs developed in an attempt to find a drug that can reduce sebaceous gland activity with a better side effect profile, but none of them have made it through clinical trials.
>>
>>18079027
I'll chime in. While I was on accutane, it was actually one of the most euphoric times of my life. I was always in a good mood.

Then 3-4 months after I got off, suicidal thoughts, major depression, hair loss. It was bad.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.