[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's it like starving yourself for a few days, how much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: a83.jpg (554KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a83.jpg
554KB, 1920x1200px
what's it like starving yourself for a few days, how much weight Will you lose? will people notice? I'm doing this against my family
>>
>>18077222
Nothing will happen. Most people just become tired and irritable. Unless you intend to starve yourself for weeks on end, you're just fucking yourself over for no reason.
>>
My personal best is 16 days of not eating anything except for water. You lose around 0.2 kg (a third of a pound) per day. It's very easy once you get started, and it honestly feels really good being empty.

I'm a female that weighs around 90 lbs.
>>
>>18077241
Sounds unhealthy and retarded.
>>
>>18077241

Ive seen your post in a diff thread. For some reason this sounds creepy to me. I picture this frail holocaust victim looking girl.
For me, feelin empty kinda hurts , definitely never felt good to me
>>
>>18077222
>>What's it like starving yourself
You'll get gastric and destroy your guts, putting you on a medication for the rest of your life. It happened to my friend when he starved himself by playing games for days on end repetitively.

>>how much weight will you lose
Probably less than half a kilo

>>Will people notice
Yep.
>>
>>18077239
>>18077241
>>18077253
>>18077248
>>18077257

I weigh 218 and I'm a boy. I'm 5'10. I also started jogging recently
>>18077257
why did he do that, what game did he play?
>>
>>18077248
>>18077253
I'm not sure if I should be flattered or paranoid that you recognize me. I'm quite short so such a weight is completely normal for me - well within the normal BMI range. I like the mental clarity and feeling of freedom it brings, but I understand that others may feel different things.
>>
>>18077222
You wont lose much weight and youll put it all back on and then some when you start eating again.

You also run the risk of binge eating junk food because your body's survival systems dont take too kindly to starvation. Itll force your hand on high calorie foods to replenish itself.
>>
>>18077287
>mental clarity and feeling of freedom it brings
from not eating 16 days??
Are you a NEET? do you have nothing to do except lying around and jerking off?
>>
>>18077294
>while I was interning at one of the largest companies in the world (that I guarantee you use daily).

blacked.com ?
>>
>>18077294
Also what do you do at the "big company" that doesn't require any energy?
>>
>>18077295
>>18077296
Write code.
>>
>>18077222
>asking about weight
>not knowing about body comp.

You were fucked from the start m8
You can eat tons and be skinny lad. You just have to know how to go about it
>>
>>18077301
without using your brain?
how much damage did you do to your project?
also what is your project?
Can you describe the problem you're solving at the most basic level without revealing the identifiable information about the company? This should be pretty easy if you understand the algorithm.
>>
>>18077304
I mainly want to get back at my family. I want to survive without needing their food
>>
>>18077296 #
>>18077248 #
>>18077289 #
>>18077295 #
I walked a minimum of 5km per day in that time. I was fine.

It's like you really can't believe someone has the willpower to willingly do this, because you're too overweight and fat yourself to comprehend going for longer than four hours without giving in and eating.

I don't see what's so difficult to understand about not eating.
>>
>>18077310
Starving yourself is the path to obesity and health problems, specially if you have famiry history

You must be under 17 right?
>>
>>18077311
You know mentally ill people never want to aknowledge they are sick right?

>imb4 my yoga

Yeap no, don't have kids

>oh wait, I'm sure you can't.
You are probably infertile by now
>>
>>18077308
If you've worked for the company I'm referring to, you'll know that I'm not permitted to say anything about what I worked on, aside from that it went well.
>>
>>18077306
>>18077311

lady, it's not about discipline or will power, it's about conservation of energy. The first law of thermodynamics. I'm a skinny guy and I am shocked that someone could go 16 days without eating. Then where does your body get the energy to do the simplest task?
Also you sound like you have an eating problem (lol)
>>
>>18077317
lmao good one.

Here's what I do, without revealing anything about my clients: given a system Ax = b, find x knowing it is sparse. A very simple looking NP hard problem :)
>>
>>18077318
Exactly. That is how you lose weight. How else would you lose weight, except by using a deficit of energy, so that you use the energy stored (as fat)?

I don't think I have an eating disorder, because I'm at a healthy weight and enjoy eating as much as anyone else.

>>18077316
I do not believe in yoga, and I don't want children. I'm in perfect control of my eating habits, and have no history of mental illness.
>>
>>18077310
That's a good start. You need some type of external motivation to do this and keep at it. You need an end goal, someone to hold you accountable, to get into the mindset.

It becomes a lot easier when you know that you /can't/ eat, instead of it being a conscious choice each time you're tempted by food.

It's much easier to not eat when you're alone, but if you're with people it can be harder to stand up to them out of fear of awkwardness, or routine.
>>
>>18077329
>Exactly. That is how you lose weight
kek
deficit energy = TDEE - 500 calories

your diet = 0 calories x 16 days

thank you for the laugh insane femanon
>>
>>18077285
League of legends.

Make sure you give your stomach something to grind, even if you want to lose weight. A piece of bread, crackers, or juice helps too
>>
>>18077337
You cannot miscalculate the total energy taken in or lost if you don't eat anything. My BMR is around 5000 - 6500kj. It's primarily about that peace of mind, knowing that it's easy to calculate when you don't have extra things to factor in.

As long as you follow CI/CO, nothing can go wrong.
>>
>>18077329
>I don't think I have an eating disorder, because I'm at a healthy weight and enjoy eating as much as anyone else.
I don't want to sound rude, but you do have a eating disorder: suffering from anorexia doesn't mean necessarily you're severely underweight or you hate food.
You should talk to a therapist.

>Restrictive Anorexia Nervosa – In this form of anorexia nervosa, the individual will fiercely limit the quantity of food consumed, characteristically ingesting a minimal amount that is well below their body’s caloric needs, effectively slowly starving him or herself.
Sounds a bit like you.
>>
>>18077345
ookie I don't think you understand what I wrote.
I am a PhD student, I don't claim to work for any company.
I was just showing, as an EXAMPLE, if you understand the problem that you were asked to solve during your "job" then it's childishly simple to describe it in a general abstract form without revealing any info about whoever your employer is. I was asking because you sound quite unhinged, so I'm curious, what kind of problem a person like this could possibly solve? during 16 days of no food (lol)

>you've given almost no information
yeah that's the point. It's very clearly stated and contains no information that could be used to identify you. You don't want to divulge information about ur "big company" do u
>>
>>18077360
I see what you mean, and I'm sorry for misunderstanding the intent of your statement. I was confused by its relevance because I hadn't read it properly.

Abstractly, I reduced the time wasted in a process to around a sixtieth of the time it used to take.
>>
>>18077364
>I reduced the time wasted in a process to around a sixtieth of the time it used to take.
Is this "time wasted" your life expectancy?
lol jk.

Are you an undergrad? which major? CS?
You alone did it? by "writing code"?

I'm surprised they didn't give you a medal, such improvement over 16 day of no food wew
>>
>>18077285
Have breakfast and let that be it, so long as it is not unhealthy then anything goes, it helps retain your metabolism. Word of advice though, do a small bit of excercise, go do around 50-100 star jumps, jog on the spot - trivial shit like that whilst watching YouTube vids to distract yourself.
>>
>>18077348
so eating a snack a day can help? now that I think abut it I'll be barely using their food, you sure it can work?
>>
>>18077373
I'm obviously nowhere nearly as advanced as you. I'm just a lowly, ignorant undergraduate.
>>
>>18077394
oh please, tell me more about your adventure during the 16 days of eating no food and writing code :)

I don't write code but that is very inspiring. The best I could do was to eat 6 small meals so that my brain isn't slowed down significantly by digestion. But then I decided it's not worth it. So I just eat my meals like a normal person.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.