/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to watch a movie literally once a day. Now it's been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: in a lonely place.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
in a lonely place.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I used to watch a movie literally once a day. Now it's been weeks since I last sat down to watch a feature film. I find myself sitting here, browsing this board, talking about movies, but not actually watching them. When I do watch something, it's just an hour of television. What's happening to my attention span? I don't read anymore either.

I hate what I'm becoming. I subscribe to Amazon Prime, FilmStruck, and HBO, but I think I have analysis paralysis, because even though there's tons of movies on there that I want to watch, I can't bring myself to actually sit down and watch any of them.
>>
I give less a shit about everything the older I get too.
>>
get a change of environment
go to a theatre (even though they suck ass) or someone else's house. read at the library or a park or something
>>
I'm the opposite but the same.

I never watched a lot of movies or TV. Usually about an hour a day.

I have a huge backlog of movies to watch but I just can't commit to sitting and watching a 2 hour movie.

Meanwhile I have been on 4chan for 3 hours now.

I think it is that hype is dead. When is the last time you saw an ad for a movie and said "Wow this looks great, I can't wait to see it". When is the last time you felt that way for anything?
>>
>>18076868
Not OP, but honestly?
An eternity.I think my last hype explosion was for DBZ's Battle of Gods movie. The inner kid inside me really wanted to watch it, so I got on a taxi to my nearest IMAX and watched that shit.

What solidified my lake of hype was when I got a job, which I enjoy honestly (though the pay's mediocre), but it takes up so much of my time and energy, I might as well be dead every time I arrive home.

Point is, only rarely, very rarely, do I ever feel any hype. However, I know I'll never experience my joys as a kid again, as the weight of the world is now on my shoulders, and it is time from now until elderly years to bear this burden. It will only get harder until somehow I win and retire early/regularly, or die. Either way, my life is but full of pain and responsibilities that take away from my experience of joy. I am but a shell of what I once represented.
>>
>>18076879
>>18076868
fucking plebs
>>
>>18076891
Sorry I can't get excited for anything Anon.

I'll try to be excited for the power rangers movie for nostalgia sake but I can't promise anything.
>>
>>18076902
Oh my god you're too stupid to watch films, I'm sorry.
>>
>>18076906
>tfw it will never be morphin time
>>
>>18076906
What does intellect have to do with literally watching and trying to enjoy a movie? Do I have to be an analystic fuckwit dissecting a movie to enjoy it? Because I feel no joy in having to analyze a movie unless I make a career out of it, which is dumb.

I myself kinda enjoyed the DBZ movie. There.

Only out of pity do I feed you a (You). Piss off.
>>
>>18076921
Holy fuck my pleb

yes, I am a film major
>>
>>18076929
The ending of this video when Jim Davis says "Comedy is so subjective" made me laugh harder than I've laughed at anything in an extremely long time. Can you explain why? I'm genuinely not really sure why I found that so funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg
>>
File: Fi6yn0a.jpg (877KB, 1836x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Fi6yn0a.jpg
877KB, 1836x1836px
>>18076929
How does it feel knowing you chose a major for something a cat can do?

I bet you even tilt your head like they do to pretend you are in deep thought.
>>
>>18076941
Pretty sure he's fishing for (You)s, pally.
I wouldn't sweat it any more than I did.

Anyway, hope we both find our hypes back someday. Hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you feel about the recent movies from 2016?

I honestly kinda hated the Ghostbusters movie due to how Fieg used it for malpractice instead of respecing the old Ghostbusters legacy. However, I'm a schlub for Scooby Doo 2 effects and humor, which this movie had lots of.

Sausage Party was terrible.
>>
>>18076851
I kinda know that feel, the only way I can watch a movie or series is if I have something else to do while watching it. There are a few exceptions but usually I either draw, play some shitty casual games or clean my apartment or something.
>>
File: 1486318870044.png (176KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486318870044.png
176KB, 640x480px
>>18076851
this happened to me too....for me its because I dont have anyone to watch them with
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.