[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well does Tinder work in hooking up? 27y/o male, and I tend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: awesome.jpg (113KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
awesome.jpg
113KB, 500x654px
How well does Tinder work in hooking up?

27y/o male, and I tend to feel awkward around online dating sites.
>>
>>18076611
Unless you're Chad, don't waste your time
>>
>>18076611
Honestly I have better luck irl.
>>
>>18076632
IRL as in where?
>>
>>18076654
Well real-life, duh.
>>
>>18076611
Works well but you need to make sure your picture is decent. You just have to remain active and you'll eventually get a decent match who won't completely annoy you.

As a tip don't rush straight into "let's fuck, where do you live" territory. People find this weird and I learned the hard way. Ease into it after learning a good amount about each other.
>>
>>18076660
Where in real life, dumbass. For people who aren't in college and don't drink alcohol/go to bars, meeting people isn't that easy.
>>
>>18076611

just as well as in real life, depending on how you look.
>>
>>18076684
Work, friends of friends, any place you frequent regularly really? The more people you're in contact with the higher the probability that someone will click with you..
>>
If you're hot, the world is your oyster.
>>
>>18076722
Dear god I remember seeing this a couple years ago and being awe struck

Now I look at it and think it's nothing special. Fuck yeah thanks dude one never realized how far youve gone sometimes
>>
>>18076611
Like all Dating apps I think it's a waste of time

It's a lot easier to get good results out of a girl you want when you are in her physical presence than when you have to play by some shitty approachment rules. Over crap like Tinder you have to get their interest instead of making it from scratch and when you can't do that they'll just do the hottest thing in the book right now and ghost the shit out of you.
>>
I have no online game and I'm maybe a 6 or 7. I've met one girlfriend and had one hookup (that lead to a Round 2)
>>
>psycho women
>single moms
>fatties

These are what you will find on dating sites. Any guy who encourages you to use them either has dumpster tier standards or just wants to see you suffer.
>>
>>18076952
>no online game
>6 or 7
>one girlfriend and one hookup

Tell me your secret.
>>
tinder is garbage unless you are chad

try pof, okc, cmb

hell, even CL is better than tinder
>>
>>18076956

I found success when I had something in common with the girl

The girlfriend I just asked her about board games, we got on the subject of work, and eventually stopped talking to her because I felt like I was striking out. She drunkenly messaged me again months later asking to hang out because she decided she wanted to date again and I appealed to her. We dated for a month. She barely functioned as a human being and honestly was a bit of a failure.

The hookup, we worked for the same company and we talked about concerts. After like ten or so messages between the two of us, I just asked if she wanted to hang out while I was going back home from a trip to the city.

Nobody else has been nearly as engaging in conversation as those two. Everyone else has been boring, contributing nothing.
>>
File: sadness.png (219KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sadness.png
219KB, 2048x2048px
>>18076992
>I found success when I had something in common with the girl
Literally every girl I meet tells me we have nothing common. Fuck, I get this with pretty much everyone I meet for the past twenty years. I don't even know what "having things in common" is like anymore, or where to meet people with things in common, or how to have more things in common with them.
>>
>>18077052
I mean just ways to break the ice and find something to talk about. The girl I hooked up with liked anime and It's Always Sunny, so I could carry the conversations that lead to sex. (Her painting with a rum ham got me in her room so I could make a move) The girlfriend and I had common interests. We liked a few of the same shows, we liked board games, we liked going to the movies, drinking games, etc.

It became apparent I was way more energetic, extroverted, and ambitious than she was though. She was afraid of going to places she'd never been, she didn't really have much of a future, she didn't really perceive anything beyond the mediocrity around her, and our ways of expressing sensuality were pretty different (I.E. she liked being pampered like a princess, I like girls to be a little aggressive). She said that she felt really drained with me and she had already felt better just days after we broke up. So, in reality, we didn't have that much in common.

So if I were to really have something in common with someone that I could build a relationship with, it'd have to be someone a little more introspective, who gravitates toward new experiences, and who has passion in her life. But it's hard to just up and find that kind of person, so having a diverse range of interests is definitely a benefit to breaking the ice with girls. Just because my next date isn't a stage actress who likes hip-hop, philosophy, pro wrestling, fighting games, and lifting weights doesn't mean I won't be able to talk to her.
>>
>>18076622
this.
im no chad but im above average. got tinder last week and girls are practically throwing themselves at me
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.