[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

22/f here and I have debilitating social anxiety. had a job for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Anxiety.jpg (1MB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Anxiety.jpg
1MB, 1698x1131px
22/f here and I have debilitating social anxiety. had a job for only a few months, was scared of my coworkers even though they were great people, so I quit. I took up online college because the thought of sharing a dorm would give me panic attacks. I tried some volunteering but they threw me out because I couldn't speak up (it was like presentations). just yesterday, I went to get a massage because I thought physical touch would be good for me, instead had a panic attack and will never show my face there again. simple things like calling for pizza fuck me up and I choose to not eat instead, it's that kind of anxiety.

naturally, I'm single and have always been. the person I'm into is on the other side of the world, even though I met him once, he won't call it a relationship. I thought having a boyfriend would alleviate the anxiety because I can function when I go places with people I like, but even if it progresses I'd still be alone for some years because of the distance. I don't have any friends because I'm not interested in what they like, concerts, movies, bars, etc. I tried online dating and only met people that get mad at me for ignoring them, or people with nothing in common.

I don't want to waste the prime of my life staying in playing video games alone (where I can't even use my mic because of anxiety). what should I do? I feel like I've tried everything except drugs, which I don't want to resort to.
>>
You come to the realisation that you will die. Your friends, family and anyone you've ever known will die. You will wake up one morning and you're 60 and you'll look in the mirror and you'll have so many regrets because you cared too much about what people thought of you. That's the far more scarier than dying. Regret is the worst feeling in the world.
>>
>>18076443
Forget that guy on the other side of the world and get a man that can take care of you. As long as you get a guy that isn't as bad with social situations as you are, then he should be able to help you. Just get a guy that will let you be his NEET housewife.
>>
>>18076452
I think about this every night. it makes no difference to me in the moment.
>>
>>18076474
I guess we're both fucked
>>
>>18076473
where do you meet someone who isn't bad at social interaction when you can't go out to meet them?
>>
>>18076443
maybe find a hobby that gets you outdoors? I highly recommend photography, it's helped me a lot with my social anxiety and schizophrenia.
>>
File: 1484861022537.jpg (273KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1484861022537.jpg
273KB, 567x567px
If you really don't want to give prescription drugs a try, you can try going to groups for anxiety or just mental health in general. They're educational at the very least, even if you don't find them very helpful for your anxiety. If that's not up your alley you can always try "natural" drugs. By that I mean doing something extreme to force your body to react. Severely starving yourself for example will change your brain thoughts and make you more willing to go through something instead of hiding away just so you can reward yourself by eating. Cutting also works, but it leaves ugly scars so starving is my go-to method when shit's too scary.

I once starved myself for about 40 hours just to make an important phone call. It became easier to call instead of starve further. The more you accumulate your little victories the less you sweat the small stuff.

Plus you also lose weight, it's a win-win.
>>
>>18076473
>Just get a guy that will let you be his NEET housewife.
most guys don't want that anymore.
>>
>>18076498
Here I am.

>$70k income
>30 years old
>dead sexy
>great with kids
>zero baggage
>former musician and vocalist (no social anxiety, so good news for procreation)
>not fat
>not on drugs (aside from smoking marlboro reds and drinking occasionally)
>former gamer (don't have time)
>not religious
>not a liberal faggot (have a couple guns, nothing serious though)
>have my own tools
>can travel to just about anywhere USA
>>
>>18076532
timestamp?
>>
>>18076532
>girl who is probably fat and smells with no job prospects or good qualities gets a guy like this asking her out

Someone tell me why I should even bother taking care of myself if guys are going to do this. People are fucked.
>>
File: Dddddd - Copy.jpg (186KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dddddd - Copy.jpg
186KB, 960x1280px
>>18076540
>>
>>18076558
you look like a friendly dad
>>
File: IMG_20160612_112221 - Copy.jpg (451KB, 1236x1664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160612_112221 - Copy.jpg
451KB, 1236x1664px
>>18076561

I am a friendly dad, heres a pic of my daughter
>>
>>18076574
Don't waste your time trying to meet op, please. You deserve much better.
>>
who do you talk to in your day to day life?
are you close to your family?
have you ever seen a doctor about your anxiety problem?
>>
>>18076574
you probably do deserve better.
>>18076580
I'm close with my family, I live with them. went to therapy a few times and quit because it felt fake and we got nowhere.
>>
>>18076577
If he is in 4chan, he probably don't deserve better
>>
>>18076558
No offence lad but you won't find anybody worth your time on 4chan.
>>
>>18076588
it's good that you have them. rely on them if you need to. if you have them around when you do stressful stuff you'll probably find that it's not as bad as you thought, and you'll eventually learn to do shit without them.
medication might be a good route for you desu.
>>
Recovery International offers training in a form of CBT in local group meetings and online. It's free, though donations are accepted at meetings. The main book they use is Mental Health Through Will Training by Dr. Abraham A. Low, Recovery's founder.Many local libraries have copies. I recommend it very highly. Their website is at http://www.recoveryinternational.org.
Good luck anon.
>>
>>18076452
This is stupid as fuck and so is regret. Sure I've squandered opportunities, burnt the wrong bridges, and made some foolish mistakes here and there, but when I'm 60 (if I make it that far) all I'm going to think is "Thank God I get to die soon".
>>
I was homeschooled my entire life with very little social development. I had major social anxiety.

I ended up just moving away to college and I survived. I still get super anxious sometime, but improved.

My advice would just be to force yourself into a situation where you have to adapt. You won't die from it, and it'll get better.
>>
>>18076515
If I had someone to take care of my house I'd be overjoyed. I work ten hour days and I'm just too exhausted to get anything done around the place
>>
>>18076515
Because most guys nowadays are weak numales who can't even take care of themselves, let alone a woman.
>>
>>18076443
Get help. Professionally.
>>
If you can afford it you need to see a psychologist and psychiatrist as soon as possible. This anxiety is beyond severe. I've never heard of anxiety like this. Either something really bad happened to you or you might have some kind of underlying condition that needs medication or therapy. Or both.

There are meds specifically for controlling anxiety. That's what i'm on. Before, I couldn't even stay in a dark room by myself for very long. Couldn't drive or anything. Just by taking the medication I can now drive at night. I can talk with other people. The medication makes a huge difference. There is also Cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety which i've heard from a friend really worked for them too.

So just know that there are treatment options for this. Things are looking up. You can get this anxiety under control. It's possible.

>I feel like i've tried everything except drugs
Noooooooooooooooooo
Don't do this.

How is your health in general? I had an amazing improvement in my anxiety after working on my health. If you're overweight or anything like this that will contribute to those issues. Bad health just makes you feel worse in general. Check out the /fit/ sticky to get you started.

>I'm not interested in things other people are doing
I've been there done that. The activity shouldn't be a deal breaker or the focus. What you want is to make friends with people that you have fun seeing and socializing with. Good friends can try all sorts of things together they normally never do and have fun anyways.

With social anxiety you want to start a positive snowball effect. Where you have more and more rewarding experiences that make you want to do it more and more. Right now it's the opposite and you've got to fight that and get the positive snowball started.
>>
>>18076856
>>18076923
>>18077777
thank you so much, kind anons. bookmarked the site to check out, and also tried to reach out to some old friends after making this thread, that I wouldn't be as anxious around.
as a side note, I'm not fit but I'm underweight. I think I will try /fit/.
>>
>>18076443
You need to be on medicine.. I also suggest seeing a doctor and working on getting disability for your anxiety.
>>
>>18076556
Just make a thread like this of your own.
>>
>>18077816
>underweight
you're perfect
>>
>>18076532
>not religious

into the trash
>>
marry older with life together, 30's or even 40's. If you're willing to settle for a divorced man, you might be able to snag an even more successful man.

become housewife. easy mode.
>>
>>18076443
I got over my anxiety after working as a waiter, and was supported by a coworker who I dated (and later split up with), and it was severe anxiety like yours where I'd get shivers and body shut downs and depressing thoughts of nihilism and self-hatred, I failed the first year of college just for the fact that we had to socialize, dropped all my classes on the first week and hid in my car and pretended to go to school for a year, it was terrible.

The restaurant was a very busy, intense environment that required you to socialize with the customers, and for the first two months I suffered major setbacks and panic attacks, told the coworker I had dated (who I split up with) to tell others to take my table, fucked up on every order, but I put myself in a place where people are generally forced to be polite to you. And because it was a fast-paced environment, I didn't have time to think about those thoughts that get to you, so I opened up and gradually became more comfortable; dealing with shitty customers became easier, small talk became easier, giving eye contact was possible, and eventually I applied it to real life.

I never took meds because of all the people that said that it fucks up your brain and libido, and it does.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.