[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I want to buy my boyfriend a new mic to stream and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1481005977200.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481005977200.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys. I want to buy my boyfriend a new mic to stream and make youtube videos with for his birthday. I ready that Blue Yetis were the best kind of mic, so i went and looked it up on amazon. I saw that they had a special deal that included this https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Capture-PlayStation-gameplay-1080p/dp/B00MIQ40JQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 for about $150 more. My question is, is it worth it? Or would it be a waste of money? Also, is there anything else that I could buy for him to stream with or record videos? I don't have a lot of money, but I want to get him something nice that I know he would actually want.
>>
File: 16668181848_e5aa4fe22c_c.jpg (92KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
16668181848_e5aa4fe22c_c.jpg
92KB, 800x535px
Make him a sandwich for his birthday
>>
>>18076364
>stream to YouTube
Sounds like a fag
You gonna facilitate his fagitude?

Whatever.
Turtlebeach I hear is good
>>
>>18076422
He just wants to make a lot of money and also play video games, I dont really see how thats faggy lmao. Also, arent turtle beaches headphones just for playing multi player games? Ive never really been able to afford any fancy equipment for my consoles, so I don't even know where to start.
>>
>>18076364
>>18076435

USB mics are an amateur trap and while Blue does make some decent mics, the Yeti lineup is lower than "entry" tier for professional sounding quality. If he actually wants to make some money streaming/youtubing he should do some research, if he just wants it as a hobby mic Yetis are fine. Capture cards are a much better deal than a secondary capture box like that thing that you linked, I don't know a lot about it but it looks like gimmick garbage.
>>
Thank you. What kind of mic would you recommend then? I did not realize there were mics that were not USB. Also, if they are good for hobby mics, would it be a wise action to buy one of these for now and then possibly get a better quality one later? (you know, since there is no guarantee he will get big enough to justify a super high end mic)
>>
>>18076444
>>18076467

oops
>>
File: french-dips.jpg (242KB, 1600x1084px) Image search: [Google]
french-dips.jpg
242KB, 1600x1084px
>>18076417
That sandwich doesn't look that good for some reason. I'm sure it taste good though. I want a sandwich now.
>>
>>18076467
If you doubt being loved over the fidelity of your mic then I fear for you
>>
>>18076479
...What?? I'm just trying to get my boyfriend a good birthday present dude lmao
>>
>>18076417
I already planned to! He loves my grilled mac n cheese sandwiches
>>
>>18076494
Sorry, I am drunk
Get him whatever

He's still probably a fag though
>>
>>18076504

Thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>18076364
a blue yeti is going to pick up every single button he presses on his keyboard or controller.
>>
>>18076651

What would be a better option then?
>>
>>18076364
I work in sound for musical instruments.

Depends how anal he wants to be on the whole thing. If you wanna go all out get him an audio interface and a legit microphone, all together probably bout $200.

Otherwise if he doesn't really know one way or the other the blue yeti is a fine versatile microphone. If you consider a studio quality set up, with the yeti you're like 70% there, which to most people sounds the same anyway.
>>
>>18076736

I went ahead and got him the Blue yeti blackout with an arm and a pop filter. He's just an amateur whose recording videos and streaming for fun, and I figure if he ever gets more serious, we could get him some fancier equipment. Thank you for the advice anon!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.