[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I moved to knoxville in late september from Maryland.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: doyoudo.jpg (88KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
doyoudo.jpg
88KB, 900x720px
Hey guys. I moved to knoxville in late september from Maryland. I left behind an 8/10 girlfriend, and a huge friend group.

>I haven't done anything except go to class, do homework, and play vidya

It's really starting to get to me. I don't know where to go socialize.

>Tried tinder, a lot of the girls are either fat, or sorority chicks

I had a couple cute girls match with me. One girl was really into me, but I tried to move on her too quick and got ghosted

>My classes are filled with dudes

I see cute girls around the community college, but it's always in the library where people generally don't like to be bothered. The only clubs that have people attend them are fucking the anime club, the lgbt club, and the 3 different gaming clubs. All filled with people I don't really enjoy.

>I just don't understand how to make friends

It baffles me how I even had friends back in Maryland.

I just don't understand how to get friends. I have a nice car, I have cool hobbies, I have a boat, I'm pretty attractive, I'm not a 10/10, but every girl I've dated has been at least a 7/10, I've hooked up with 9/10s, I've had sex with 25 different women since I was 16. Now I'm just friendless and lonely. Everything is perfect in my life right now except my social life. I have 95% or above in all my classes, I'll be getting an internship for a Department of Defense operated laboratory next summer, but I have nothing else.

My latest ex just got a new boyfriend, he looks exactly like me, I'm really hurt. These dating apps suck ass, idk what to do. I'm miserable
>>
File: 1378601818453.jpg (183KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1378601818453.jpg
183KB, 600x450px
>>18076008
>I just don't understand how to get friends. I have a nice car, I have cool hobbies, I have a boat, I'm pretty attractive, I'm not a 10/10, but every girl I've dated has been at least a 7/10, I've hooked up with 9/10s, I've had sex with 25 different women since I was 16.

Probably because you're full of yourself (ie, shit.)
>>
>>18076031
Why would I lie? I have nothing to gain by lying on this website

I drive a mustang GT that I bought and have pretty much built it up myself

I autocross, snowboard, wakeboard.

I have a wakeboard boat and live on the water

attractiveness is subjective, but I've slept with plenty of women, whom I found above 7/10.
>>
>>18076045

I never said you were a liar. I said you were full of yourself. A narcissist. No one wants to spend time with someone who sucks their own cock all the time.
>>
>>18076049
So I'm not allowed to appreciate myself? When I talk to women I make an effort to not talk about myself, I'm extremely self conscious about bragging. I don't even know how to talk about myself without coming off as a bragging douche, so I just don't.

I mean obviously I wasn't that bad since I had tons of friends back in my hometown who I shared a very deep friendship with. I still keep in touch with them, but it's hard because I'm not involved with them anymore, other than the "hey hows it going, what have you been up too"

I'm just at an awkward age and moved to a very southern town. I'm a northerner and life is very different down here.
>>
>>18076080
I think my biggest issue with socializing is, I've quit smoking weed, and I've cut drinking out of my life completely (I wasn't a big drinker to begin with). That was a big part of my circle of friends.

It's made me very hypermotivated, but also incredibly anxious. Almost 6 months without it, I used weed to calm my anxiety, but my only relief now is vidya.
>>
>>18076080
What part of MD OP?
>>
>>18076104
Annapolis
>>
>>18076045
Yeah, it's probably your inflated ego. You slept with over two dozen women in less than ... I don't know, five years or so? Guess what, whoring around isn't a status symbol by any means and is more a certificate that you're addicted to the sexual attention you get, therefore use people in order to compensate your non-existent virtues (not having xy bad trait isn't a virtue) and it also shows how unstable you are of maintaining relations.

From your post, you describe yourself as a very materialistic and superficial person. So far, you didn't enumerate one virtue, only possessions and "accomplishments". Hobbies rarely reflect any significant personal traits of anyone too.

Are you telling me that none of the estimated 100 +/- students in the clubs are utterly unenjoyable? Even the video game ones? I mean, you would have a great conversation starter to feel out preferences and the like.

Sorry to be so rough, but you seem to prefer style over substance by a lot, and I think a thread here won't solve your problem unless you find people who have the very same priorities and preferences as you.
>>
>>18076111
I went to the gamer club, and it just wasn't something that interested me, I'm sorry but the majority of people that attend this school are commuters and don't participate in the clubs. The clubs legitimately cater too people with special needs. That just isn't an environment I want to be in.

I think I see what you're talking about though. I went to private school all my life, so my circle of friends was very affluent, and the area of Annapolis is a lot like san francisco. Down here people are generally more focused on chemistry, rather than networking, and knowing people for the sake of friendship rather than gain and curbing your boredom. People down here are also a lot more exclusive, they have friend groups and aren't receptive to new people.
>>
>>18076124
>People down here are also a lot more exclusive, they have friend groups and aren't receptive to new people.
That's too bad. And I thought the south of the US would shine with hospitality.

It seems you are from a higher milieu too, like the higher (middle) class. And the higher class is a minority. So you grew up with probably different values and therefore evolved a completely alien attitude in comparison to the mediocre (and especially) lower milieus.

If it comforts you, I have the same problem in reverse. I come from the lower class and try to get out of this shithole. But since I rarely dealt with any natives, who usually belong to the middle and higher class, I have a huge lack of social graces (as you sure noticed), let alone a feeling for them. Because of that, I get fucked in job interviews for commercial positions I desperately want to work for.

Have you ever tried to get acquainted with more substantial values, therefore friendships? I know, big city life is a thing on its own. But you can see it as oppurtunity to form your character a bit - granted, good people will be hard to come by nonetheless, but if you do, then your current misery could evolve into an educating, heck even enriching experience.

If that doesn't work, then get some good books with deep characterizations. They'll make you feel less lonely - it worked for me for the time being.
>>
>>18076158
People down south are more hospitable, but people up north are more willing to make new friends, try new things.

I've tried. I generally try to be a very nice person. I smile at people, I help people out, I'm the guy everyone comes to right now in my classes for help. It's just I guess I'm trying too hard, I relate really well to people who smoke weed and party, but I can't do that anymore, and it's not some self righteous thing either, I genuinely enjoy being completely sober. The motivation, the full awareness, having a clear mind all the time, I'm a morning person now, I'm more willing to figure things out on my own. And those people that do smoke weed, while I'd love to hang out with them, they don't want too because I don't smoke weed. Which I can understand, my friend group was pretty funny about people that didn't smoke. We had one friend that didn't but he had been friends with us since we were children.

Next weekend a girl I met on tinder is taking me bowling and teaching me how to bowl (she's on her colleges bowling team) but I just know I'll fuck it up.
>>
Ayyy fellow knoxbro here
>>
>>18076194
Where at? I'm in bum fuck loudon
>>
>>18076195
You the OP? And I'm in the Powell/oak ridge area. Just graduated college and started my career a month ago.
>>
>>18076199
yeah I'm the OP, and nice I go to school up in Oak Ridge
>>
>>18076204
You at Roane? And I understand, most people at CC are not there to make friends, I spent two years at one and never tried or made any real friends there. But I would recommend joining a car club. I know there are atleast a couple mustang clubs and several autocross events local (east Tn SCCA). I'm not as far as boating/wakeboarding goes but we have tons of awesome lakes in the area, Norris is my favorite.
>>
>>18076212
I'm at Pellissippi. I'm a member of the ETRSCCA, will be going to their first of the season meet at Smokies Stadium in Kodak, just tossed on my summer tires last week. I should look into mustang clubs, hopefully they aren't filled with boomers

and yeah we're right on a lake, finding a tow isn't an issue, we just upgraded our old mastercraft to a brand new 2017 Moomba, the only issue is the only person who can give me a tow is my dad, which isn't a bad thing, it's just wakeboarding is one of those things you want to do with friends and stuff you know? It can get boring doing it with one other person, as cool as my dad is, I'd love to have some people on the boat
>>
>>18076231
Ah, that's where I went. I did a little autocross a couple years ago when I had my s2k but had to sell it to pay for school. Hopefully I can buy one again eventually but for right now I'm sticking with my supermoto and want to get into offroading. There is a cars and coffee happening in a couple weeks at European auto garage and another in April at West town mall you should check out.
>>
>>18076262
You should look into doing rallycross, etrscca does that as well
>>
>>18076267
I want to but I only have a 4Runner right now
>>
WILL? IT'S DEVIN!!!!
>>
>>18076008
>When Chad falls back down to earth
>>
File: Chili-in-a-pot.jpg (48KB, 432x306px) Image search: [Google]
Chili-in-a-pot.jpg
48KB, 432x306px
>>18076008
Learn to cook and bring people food
>>
>>18076394
City chad meets country desu

It seems like the dumber you are down here the more chad you are, and if you're a female if you don't have 2 kids by 19, you're not worthy kek
>>
I've lived in east TN my whole life and the entire region is a blackhole/shithole. Just leave and go somewhere else where the people don't suck as badly.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.