[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm always scared after drinking and getting a bit drunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I'm always scared after drinking and getting a bit drunk that my abilities or intellectual/motor skills might be affected

I don't drink alcohol very often and yet i keep on being anxious about this after drinking a bit too much.

I drank 3 or 4 beers last night and got exposed to some weed vapours (a friend of mine was smoking, i don't smoke myself.), and i keep on telling myself "what if it alters your brain functions" "what if you can't do this or that as well anymore" and so on

am i being totally irrationnal?
>>
Anon, not everyone likes to be intoxicated and that is OK.

But look Anon, everyone at some point is going to try something and not like it. You may as well get it over with and decide if you or don't like it, because it seems like you want the answer.

At first I did not like to drink because dumbfuck college kids only drank shitty liquor but I became exposed to beer and turned into a different person.
>>
>>18075961
Of course it's going to alter your brain functions
That's the entire point

But it's not permanent
It's like thinking you can break your TV by playing the wrong video

Chill and enjoy it
>>
>>18075961
>am i being totally irrationnal?

Nope. Drugs can affect brain function. Might take a while to build up damage enough that you'll notice it, but doing a lot of that shit makes you dumb.
>>
>>18075975
No no that's not really the point, i do like being a bit drunk, feeling light headed, less self concious and all that, and i dislike drinking too much (obviously), but what worries me are the effects it could have on me and my abilities

I'm not a heavy drinker but are some people really weak or sensitive to alcohol or toxic substances and could i be one of those person without knowing it ?
>>
>>18075983
That's the point, i never do drugs and i sometimes drink alcohol.

Is it still dangerous though ? Am i right to be afraid ?
>>
As a heavy daily drinker I haven't become stupid from long term abuse.

Rarely I will actually feel a buzz and act socially goofy, but that's more to do with the emotions of that day than the drinking. Normally I'm quite quiet.
>>
>>18075982
Could drinking 3-4 drinks a week (and i'm stretching it.) leave permanent damage ? Theoretically ?
>>
>>18075998
Not at all
Our bodies are quite good at metabolizing alcohol
>>
File: 1395251000607.gif (2MB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1395251000607.gif
2MB, 300x277px
>>18075961

>I drank 3 or 4 beers last night and got exposed to some weed vapours

>"what if it alters your brain functions"

fucking kek. autist of the day aware goes to you, my friend.
>>
>>18075989
Alcohol is a drug, and yes, drowning your brain in alcohol on a regular basis can cause damage.
>>
>>18075996
>>18076001

Thanks for your inputs

I'll try to relax

until the next time i drink
>>
>>18076003
You never know, you fuck
i don't want to take chances with my skillz
>>
>>18076003
does sound a bit prohibition/reefer madness desu

STUPEFYING YOURSELF WITH WICKED POISONS TSK TSK
>>
But wait anon, if you have a binge one day and get serious alcohol poisoning you could suffer a stroke and become permanently effected. This may or may not take much depending on your tolerance.

Newbies will gag just getting the liquor down. That should be enough to keep you from having TOO many, but you will puke after just a small amount.

I prefer beer which is just as dangerous in that it is addicting.
>>
>>18076024
Thanks, i'll try to be careful with the amount of alcohol i drink then, it's true that i can be prone to drinking a lot once i'm in the mood

One night i drank too much and i had a black out, woke up in a bedroom not remembering what happened. Is this kind of episode the thing you refer to when you say "serious alcohol poisoning" ? Could it be that that night i lost some "brain acuity" ? Or is it unlikely ?
>>
You were on your way there but your body was shutting you down so it could recover.

In the case of alcohol poisoning, what happens is the body becomes physically addicted and WAKES you up to drink. You turned your liver into a monster

When I felt the effects of alcohol poisoning I needed a shower, a breathing session, and hot food.
>>
>>18076063
I see, thank you for your answer
>>
>>18076063
like, the depletion of alcohol from your body while resting in bed is causing a detremental CNS issue as your body gets shocked from transition to sobriety. You literally must drink or die. It will take a very dedicated drinker like myself to experience this, and it will occur more than once to a true alcoholic.
>>
>>18076063
Alcohol poisoning isn't the same as addiction

Alcohol is a depressant
It blocks your neurons from firing as fast as they used to be
That's why people relax
Their brains aren't thinking as fast
Consume too much and that slowing of firing neurons becomes "Not enough neurons firing to keep you alive".

Addiction is different
It's your body going "Huh, our neurotransmitters aren't being received like they used to. Better crank them up"
So it's fine, while you're drunk
But if you're sober, you're being overloaded so you have seizures and possibly death.

So long as you don't be drunk more often than you are sober, you won't be addicted.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.