[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people afford to live on their own while attending college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1484681033610.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1484681033610.png
74KB, 300x256px
How do people afford to live on their own while attending college? I'm 22 and living at home, and with the money I make I couldn't possibly see myself being able to afford a place, utilities, food, etc unless I got another job, which would only further interfere with my studies. Even when I'm done with college, it's not as though I'll be landing into a full salaried position. I can't wrap my mind around just going out there and barely getting by just because you're "old enough" to do so when you can just assist your family financially. Is it easier than it seems?
>>
>>18075550
Lol you sound like a spoiled rich kid and

>spoiled rich kids will never understand
>>
You take out loans.
>>
>>18075550
A lot of poor latino families do what you describe, minus going to college lol. They'll stay together until their late 20s in some cases, pooling resources. Eventually the children leave but there is no rush to get out or stigma for staying like in white families.
>>
>>18075595
This OP

Nothing wrong with living at home. Don't listen to the eternal anglo
>>
Yo dude, if you don't really have to leave home, and your family is chill with having you just stay there for a while, then take the offer, unless you just cannot stand your family. putting that Money into paying off student loans or an auto loan would put you so much farther ahead.
>>
Most of the people who tell you you have to dot his are older adults. But times have changed. Wages have barely gone up, while expenses most certainly have. On top of previous expenses and inflation, college is 800% more expensive than it used to be, and adults have more bills than ever. Working to put yourself through college just isn't feasible like it used to be.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.