[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've had feelings for guys but they never liked me back.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

I've had feelings for guys but they never liked me back.

As a result I've never had a relationship, only empty one night stands a few times a year

A couple of guys wanted to date me but I didn't like them in that way.

Is it weird that I've never experienced requited feelings/connection where both me and the guy like each other?

I'm almost 30!
>>
>>18075519
yes time to open up
or become a cat lady
>>
Is it weird? Yeah.
I'm going on 34 this year and never had a proper relationship either. I've never been that compelled to try either. Except for one person I've never met anyone that I felt like going all the way with.
>>
>>18075519
>A couple of guys wanted to date me but I didn't like them in that way.

Only yourself to blame honey.
>>
>>18075573
What do you mean by open up?
>>
>>18075583
What do you mean? I tried my best to like them but I just didn't like them in that way.
>>
>>18075624
Christ, typical 21st century sheltered person thinking: 'muh feelings'. Treat a potential suitor like interviewing someone for a job. Do you have specific goals and criteria in mind for what you want in a relationship?
>>
>>18075644
i.e. love is something you build with time, after lots of work and failing together as a couple, feelings are ephemeral and vain.
>>
>>18075621
As in open your heart to opportunities and stp being so closed
>>
>>18075651
That's not necessarily true, if not unhappy couples wouldn't exist. They need to be somewhat compatible.
>>
>>18075651
Not true at all, love is something you fall into, then work hard to keep.
>>
>>18075519
It's very weird
>>
>>18075644
> Do you have specific goals and criteria in mind for what you want in a relationship?

I don't know. I mean whenever I've had feelings for a guy I just imagine being able to touch them and be with them and talk to them for hours and travel with them and laugh together and corny, soppy stuff like that.
>>
>>18075655
But I do have an open heart, it even lead to a lot of heartbreak when the guys didn't like me back

I don't have high standards either.
>>
>>18075660
You are just rephrasing what I said.

>>18075657
>They need to be somewhat compatible.
That's piss easy to find, young people are all the same.
>>
>>18075669
>That's piss easy to find, young people are all the same.

So why didn't I find anyone?
>>
>>18075667
So what are you standards?
>>
>>18075663
So, you picture yourself living in a romantic comedy? This is fucking absurd. I'm not saying those aren't elements you'll find in a relationship, but you need something more concrete than that about what you want from a partner for long term.
This is a teenager fantasy.
>>
>>18075672
Try harder, find something you're good at and use that, hit people your league, take care of yourself.
>>
>>18075675
They shouldn't smell or have bad teeth
They should be very intelligent, this is my MAJOR turn on. Almost genius level and I fall in love with them
I like chubby older guys (40s-50s), early twenties guys don't look ripe enough to me and I have major daddy issues so I need a big manly man
They musn't be cruel
They should have depth of character, be interesting

Those are my standards for falling in love
>>
>>18075680
>This is a teenager fantasy.

Well I've never had the chance to experience a real life relationship with someone who liked me and I liked back.
>>
>>18075686
lol nice taste

but yeah be open to anyone to sweep you off your feet

take a different route to work or whatever just dont give people a quick profile becauses they dont fit your standards
>>
>>18075686
And what about what you bring to the table? Let's see how you compare.
>>
>>18075696
>but yeah be open to anyone to sweep you off your feet

I've been open to anyone, but like I said either I like them and they don't like me, or they like me and I don't like them (no matter how hard I try)
>>
>>18075716
Hmm,

Well I only have slightly above average intelligence, but I do have my moments

I don't smell or have bad teeth

Average looking body. I lift weights and run and maintain my weight but I don't have big boobs or wide hips

Average looking face, quite plain actually

I've been told that my girlishness (in my voice and mannerisms) is very appealing

I don't really know what guys want, to be honest
>>
>>18075736
None of that, I think, is enough to make a mature, intelligent man in his 40s fall in love with you (of course I don't know you and I'm just making a conclusion from what you told me, you probably has more than that). What kind of girlfriend do you think you'd be for him?
>>
>>18075755
>What kind of girlfriend do you think you'd be for him?
I don't know, I've never been a girlfriend before, I wouldn't know how to act in a relationship. What kind of person should I be?
>>
>>18075793

You sound like a horrible partner. Insecure, indecisive and raised to believe she's some special snowflake.
>>
>>18075793
Well, here's the thing: a man in his 40s will most likely have kids (maybe not small but still), be divorced/separated/widow and, being a very intelligent man he will have a job or and general life interest that takes a lot of responsibility, time and devotion (otherwise he wouldn't be intelligent, right?).
What do you think this hypothetical man want from a partner?
>>
>>18075820
I can understand insecure and indecisive, but where did the special snowflake impression come from? I'm by no means an extraordinary person, I'm average in most ways.
>>
>>18075826
I really am clueless on what men want, apart from physical attractiveness and being good company
>>
>>18075841

I didn't say you were extraordinary. You just think you are.
>>
>>18075844
>You just think you are.

I just said I DON'T think I am. I'm not extraordinary or special in any way. So I really do not think I'm a special snowflake. If anything I have quite a low opinion of myself on bad days.
>>
>>18075843
Sure, you are technically correct, but what does 'good company' entails? Can you at least tell me what you imagine it to be? Men are very simple.
>>
I hate girls with daddy issues. There are so many of them where I work and they're all fucking nuts. A 20 something brat that's still in college ran in the men's locker rooms screaming one day and I gave her the meanest stare down I ever gave anyone in my entire life. Next day she came to sit next to me on the bus acting all shy and nervous when I know for a fact she treats boys her age like shit and strings them along.
Same thing with another one that sat behind me and actually asked me where I get off because I made the mistake of chatting her up on my coffee break.
I'd sooner get involved with the cleaning lady than any of those nutjobs.
>>
>>18075870
Amen.
>>
>>18075870
You didn't really describe any nutty behaviour in your post, anon. What kind of nuttiness do they exhibit.
>>
>>18075867
> 'good company' entails

Intelligent, witty, funny, knowledgeable discussion? Being fun and exciting? I don't know, can you just tell me?
>>
>>18075878

So running after some guy in the men's locker room while screaming her head off isn't nutty behavior?
Asking a guy on the bus about what stops it makes and then straight up asking him where he gets off isn't shady behavior?
All while she was on a bus that wasn't even part of her route. Pretty sure she just got on the bus to see if I'd invite her to get off with me.
Anyways, it's a lot more than that and pretty obvious nutjob behavior. You'd just have to see it for yourself, I can't really explain it all that well here.
>>
>>18075891
Ok. Well as someone with daddy issues up the wazoo I have never partaken in any sort of nutty behaviour. You shouldn't tar us all with the same brush.
>>
>>18075882
Maybe, this is good. Nope, not for a guy that age, I think he would want the opposite.
Honestly, I don't think you're up for the task, why don't you find another average guy your age?
>>
What a man wants is an independent woman.

What a boy wants is a wife.
>>
>>18075903
>why don't you find another average guy your age?

Yeah I tried liking them, never really can muster up feelings for them.

It's not the end of the world, maybe relationships aren't in the cards for me.
>>
>>18075904
Other way around really. Being a independent woman is a meme anyway, you're just a slave for a corporation, working your ass off and living alone and having empty casual sex.
>>
>>18075914
An independent woman can think for herself.

Everyone has to do that shit, that's not what I'm talking about.

I lived with an independent woman. We were around each other 24/7. What I liked about her was we never fell out of our own comfort zones. We drank and did drugs and fucked but when the other didn't want to be bothered we still sat next to each other all day. Sounds like were wasting away together but when she doesnt give a fuck I dont give a fuck. And I never give any fucks.
>>
>>18075912
You need to learn why you can't connect with average guys being average yourself, I think you have a serious psychological issue. I can't do that for you.

>>18075929
Sounds like two edgy teenagers to me.
>>
>>18075934
Well we weren't kids but we sure felt like kids.

If she didn't kill herself...
>>
>>18075519
No it's not weird. Most guys are trash these days.
I'm 25 but I actually like the feeling of not being abused,left with a kid, cheated on, beat, left for the pregnant side chick, given a disease,etc.

Idk why people penalize you for wanting peace in your home. Sure it'd be nice to meat someone emotionally mature and stable on all fronts but idk. not holding my breath or killing myself to find someone who can only see me as an object.
>>
OP, there are lots of pretentious smart ass machildren in this thread that you are taking seriously. just keep meeting and talking with people and keep b'ing you're self. dont get stuck on patterns in your mind.

also solve daddy issues. really
>>
>>18075663
That's a beautiful thing but it doesn't just happen, it comes from being close to someone.

First you meet someone, then you spend time together, then you realize you might have a future together, then the lovey dovey stuff happens.

Also, try the internet. I met my wife on OkStupid.
>>
>>18075870
>daddy issues
What's annoying is that it's seen as acceptable for some fucking reason. It's not, it's as disgusting as a guy with mommy issues.
>>
>>18076752
>guys with mommy issues are disgusting
>implying
>>
>>18076771
No, I'm stating it outright.
>>
>>18076775
Well that's a subjective judgement.

I don't see anything disgusting about a guy with mommy issues. It's pretty common, too.
>>
>>18075519
You are approaching your expiration date. Better grab what you can now and stick with it. You are not getting any hotter.
>>
>>18075940
>If she didn't kill herself...
healthy behavior as expected
>>
>>18076788
horny milfs are hot too, man

u know, the ara ara type. gotta be thicc tho
>>
I'm in the same boat as you OP.

29 and I have only ever met a single person I would want a relationship with. She has a boyfriend already so I am kinda fucked.

Just gotta keep believing that somewhere out there is a person who will match with you.
>>
>>18076783
t. guy with mommy issues

It's pathetic.
>>
>>18075736
>>18075755
Bs, plenty of mature guys go for young girls. They are fun and sexy.

Plenty of guys would go for you, but decent older guys don't want to be creeps and hassle ramdom chicks.

Giving them a permission to for you should do it. COntact them via internet dating, via social ciorcles.
>>
>>18076228
and no guys responded to this because they know how shit they are. there's no rational reason to involve yourself with another person that way anymore
>>
File: IMG_2349.jpg (589KB, 1158x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2349.jpg
589KB, 1158x1300px
>>18075660
Fucking lovefags.

Why would you ever work hard to keep something you fell into?

Where else in life would this be appropriate other than sexual relations? (which are bullshit)
>>
>>18077977
Shitty people of both sexes exist. Good people of both sexes exist.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.