[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My landlord sold my home that I have been renting month-to-month,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7372.png (103KB, 438x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7372.png
103KB, 438x326px
My landlord sold my home that I have been renting month-to-month, and the new owner delivered a 30-day notice to leave today, signed by a lawyer. I knew this was coming, and have been working on buying my own place.

However the notice states that I must pay rent to the new owner by the 3rd or I will be evicted sooner. Can they really expect a full month's rent for March when they want me out within 30 days from today?
>>
>>18075325
You have no agreed upon lease and are not obligated to continue paying to the new owner. UNLESS you signs some shit.

But get out of there. they won't chase you down over month of rent because its not worth their time but if you drag it out too long they will throw the book at you to recoup costs.
>>
It's like a week's difference. Call them and say you're fine with paying rent and leaving but only at the very end of March. They'll probably say meh w/e sure.
>>
>>18075325
Well, yes? You'll be there partially through March, you pay the month's rent upfront. You can ask the new owner for an extension to the end of the month or a prorated rent, but they're not obligated to do either, unfortunately.

>>18075362
He is obligated to pay unless he'd like to be evicted as of the 3rd when they stipulated the rent is going to be due by. When property changes ownership, no new lease has to be signed between the owner and the renter. Advising not to pay is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, they can collect all of his personal information from the prior owner and simply throw a civil case at him for a minute fee.

This is assuming you live in the states.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.