[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to know when to split or pay the bill on a date? I went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 2645865654686.jpg (85KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
2645865654686.jpg
85KB, 640x639px
How to know when to split or pay the bill on a date?

I went on a date with a girl and my friend said if I see potential that it would work out between us, I should pay, if the date is shit I split the bill. So I ended up paying because I had a great time with her, but she didn't like that. She made me aware of that on the second that when we wanted to see a movie and she insisted on splitting the bill. How to smoothly find out what is appropriate to do? Like in general. I already know this current girl doesn't like it.
>>
Correction

She made me aware of that on the second date*
>>
>>18075171
This shit isn't written in stone bro. Every girl is different. Every date will be different. Sometime you just need to decide when the time comes.
>>
>>18075177
Some girls just want to be their own woman, as corny and gay as that sounds. If she didn't like you, she woulda had you pay for her shit.
> her: top kek, freebie because vagina
>>
They're an adult so I always split the bill.
>>
I say if you personally invite individuals to a social event, the inviter should pay. If it's a group event, then it's standard for everyone to pay themselves, unless stated otherwise.

If you initiated the date, you did the right thing, but now you should ask beforehand since she notified you.
>>
I think it's good advice/common sense to offer to pay if you want to make a really good impression. But if she's not into it just let that be that. Adapt.
>>
My preference is alternating. The thing about splitting the bill is that it's a bit... businesslike. By paying for both of you, the sign you give is that you aren't splitting hairs with what's yours and what's hers, you're out -together-.

If the girl doesn't like this, an alternative is splitting but not looking at who had what, just going 50/50. Still has more generosity than bending over the bill analyzing who spent more.

Personally I will only refuse to let the guy pay for me if the date was terrible. Then I don't want him to have done me any favor of any kind. Otherwise I'll let him pay but I do really hate it if he refuses to let me take care of it next time. Guys think this is gallant but if I insist that I want to take him out now and he adamantly refuses, it just feels patronizing to me. I like to treat people I enjoy to nice things as well.

Obviously this is a harder angle from the guy's point of view because then you could potentially set a precedent by paying at first. I do think the guy always paying is lousy because it implies that her time is worth more than his, or it's less enjoyable for her. Pretty insulting to him. That's a tougher one and I would just try to steer it towards her taking you out another time - not just paying but planning the date, choosing the event or venue and so on.
And I do agree that it's sensible to pay the first time if you asked her out.
>>
>>18075171

as a general rule if you ask a girl on a date you need to be prepared to pay for it. if she insists on going dutch, thats fine, you dont force it on her outside of special ocassions or when she indicates that she can't pay.
>>
I paid for the first date, and now we mostly take turns. I'll get dinner, she'll do movies and concessions, if she throws a few of her groceries in I pay for them, she gets me some liquor at a bar.

It's easier to have it in one bill, plus it shows to one another that don't mind if there's times one person may pay a bit more than the other, it'll even out in the end
>>
>>18075171
Agree beforehand. Deciding after is tacky. Would you like it if someone treated you this way?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.