[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /adv/ I need advice on how to word a breakup phonecall to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So /adv/ I need advice on how to word a breakup phonecall to my gf of 3 months or so.

I've never had to do this before so I honestly don't know what to expect or what to say without coming off as autistic or something.

Reasons I'm breaking up:
We have polar opposite interests, in that I hate what she likes and she hates what I like.
She is far too busy to spend any time with me ever, (she went to spend times with her friend on valentines day rather than me)
and her parents are too strict to the point that we've had to keep our relationship a secret, which sucked ass

Pro's (I guess):
I am a nerdy anti-socialite so the odds of me getting another girlfriend within the year is pretty slim. So staying with her is still better than nothing I guess?
I do enjoy spending time with her, it just so rarely happens and I get blown off frequently (she is doing her phd and working a part time job).

tldr;
I'm breaking up with gf over the phone in about 3 hours time and need some advice on how to start the conversation and also what to expect.
>>
>phonecall breakup

pussy

she deserves better
>>
>>18075116
trust me, I've been trying to arrange a face to face meet up for the last week. Then tonight she cancels on me again with friday, sat, and sun all being no-go's.

Only reason I'm doing a phonecall breakup is that it's already been a week of trying to meet up with next week not looking good either.
>>
>>18075116
>3 months
>she went to spend times with her friend on valentines day rather than me

>she deserves better

Not seeing it, sure you're not mad some people can break up with a girl instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel in hopes they'll ever have one?

>>18075114
I'm not happy with our relationship and I'm ending it.

Insert statement about if you would prefer to be or not be friends following.

Let her speak, ignore what's said, reassert statement, end phone call.
>>
>>18075132
Alright cool thanks, I had something similar in mind but wasn't sure if I was coming off like an asshole.

She's not a bad person and I don't wanna cause any un-due grief if it's not needed.
>>
>>18075150
Biggest thing is to not let the ending of it drag on. Let her get a piece in which will either be her being angry or crying at you, then make sure to firmly repeat what you told her the first time, and that you've made up your mind. If you end it before letting her have a few words she'll be stuck on the idea she can change your mind if you'd just hear her out, if you let her go too long you may start to feel sorry enough for her to give some ground up, which you cannot if you want it to be a done and over with breakup.
>>
>>18075163
alright, let her have her piece then repeat that it's over and hang up, gotcha. I honestly feel like she probably won't be that upset that it's happening so this hopefully won't be too hard to do.
>>
>>18075114
Do it in person. Tell her you want to see other people. Do not give her a reason, as this will only make her feel like shit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.