[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is my cat so clingy? She *always* has to sit on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0081.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0081.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Why the fuck is my cat so clingy? She *always* has to sit on me, follows me around the house and wants to cuddle. I've had her and her sister since they were 10 weeks old, but her sister mainly keeps to herself. She's been like that for years. Should I be worried?

Also, she's an indoor only cat and spayed.

>pic related
>>
File: IMG_0090.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>18074956
now she wants to annoy my wife...
>>
I wish I had a cat like yours dude

you'll miss her when she dies
>>
>>18074965
>you'll miss her when she dies

that much is certain. still, i want to sit alone every now and then without her begging to get on my lap.
>>
>>18074956

some cats are clingy and some aren't. Every living being with the mental capacity beyond pure instinct has their own quirks. that's just how life is.
>>
>>18074956
Be glad something loves you that much
>>
My cat and my dog are the same. I didn't even want these animals, my wife did. But i figure since i do all the feeding, most of the attention giving, and most of the clean up stuff they are just naturally attracted to me cause they see me as the master. When i want them to leave me alone i just tell the dog to lay somewhere else and pick up the cat and put her on the floor. The dog gets it right away and i might have to do it to the cat a few times but she gets the point after awhile.
>>
>>18074961
post more of your wife's tasty chicken drumsticks
>>
A female cat suddenly appeared in my house last week that was like this, meowing and running after me all the time. At first I thought she wanted food or something but I gave some that was left here from my deceased cat and she didn't want it. She didn't look abandoned or anything either and she only show up at night., strange.
>>
>>18074975
like shrek said, your cat is only a small part of your life but to your pets you're their whole life.
>>
>>18074956
Cat loves heat, scratching, snuggling, attention and food. So yeah by following you they maximize the chance of getting it.

My cat is the same. And when you dont want the snuggles you just grab the cat and put it away. After like 5+ tries the cat normally understand. Or you can separate yourself from the animal by using door system correctly.
>>
File: 20161219_234741.jpg (218KB, 996x561px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_234741.jpg
218KB, 996x561px
My solution to my cat continually needing to be in my lap/on my keyboard/on my hands while I was on the computer was to put a cushion nearby for her to sleep on. That way she feels like she's close enough to me to satisfy her neediness, and when I don't want her in my lap anymore I can toss her onto the cushion and she'll settle down there pretty contentedly. Maybe you can set up a spot for her near where you normally sit that she can be satisfied with?

Love is all about compromises.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.