[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have about $3500 in medical bills (america sure is great).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 0

i have about $3500 in medical bills (america sure is great). i have no money, no job and no way to pay this at the moment.

i'm looking for a job but my question is, is it dangerous to have this debt just sit around for a while till i earn the money to pay it? i don't really know what to do.
>>
>>18074570
It will damage your credit, which is always recoverable, it won't do much else. You can also set up a payment plan with a ridiculously low monthly payment like $20 a month and keeping with that schedule will keep it from pinging your credit.
>>
>>18074570
3500 is nothing. Call them up and tell them you have 0 income and can't pay it. They'll work with you or simply write it off.
>>
>>18074647
can i really get them to write it off? it didn't even cross my mind they would do that.
>>
>>18074655
Yeah most hospitals and even just your regular doctor's office have funds set aside for people that can't afford it. You'll probably have to do some paperwork to prove you have no income but that'll be all.
>>
>>18074655
No. They'll send it to a collection agency. Writeoffs have a cap of something like $600 most places.
>>
>>18074655
Not really completely, most off the time. But since they want their money back, they might halt your need to pay it until you get a job.

In the long term you as well could move somewhere else, or just be broke. Both are ok options to live.
>>
>>18074570
If you don't pay in it for 7 years it will come off of your credit report.
>>
>>18074570
So I take it you want someone to go through 7 years of education and training at their own expense to give you medical treatment free of charge. Wow what a dick, expecting to be compensated for work and expertise that was literally the culmination of 2 decades of education.
>>
>>18075926
Not op but I was fucked by medical system. I sprained my ankle playing intramural. RA insisted it was protocol to call ambulance, that I couldn't walk back to the dorms. A 10 minute ambulance ride cost me $800.
>>
>>18075926
Not to be a dick but if you became a doctor to get paid, did you forget what a foctor does for a living?

It's not the ficking doctor's concern how the patient it going to pay his tab.

The only time I was gravely in need of medical attention I did not want it and would have preffered to die.
>>
>>18075947
Doctors heal people. And by and large they do it without worrying about how they will be paid. That's the reason why they treat people who are gravely in need of treatment. I just don't understand why people think they are entitled to medical care at no cost to themselves.
>>
>>18075937
Sorry to hear that. That RA was wrong, either outright lying, mistaken and/or probably trying to cover his/her own ass.
>>
>>18075926
emergency room prices are incredibly inflated for everything you absolute retard

the price is very much not fair
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.