[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My car was hit in my apartment's parking lot. I have video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pepe.jpg (89KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
89KB, 800x764px
The police aren't helping me. Is it possible to locate someone with a license plate? All the searches I've done have led me to believe that license plates are not personally identifiable information. Anyone know any databases or techniques for finding this douche?
>>
what did your insurance company tell you
>>
>>18073811
>The police aren't helping me.

They only investigate serious cases.
>>
>>18073816
Nothing. I'm only insured for damage to other drivers' cars
>>
>>18073811
>only pay for liability insurance
>WHY WON'T ANYONE HELP ME?????

gee I don't know anon what do you think?
>>
>>18073985
Call your insurance company. This is their job. Whenever theres an accident, no matter when you are insured for, insurance companies handle this shit.
Because even if they don't cover this, it counts against you as an accident so you damn sure better make sure they know its not your fault. Also did you file a police report for the accident. Not just ask the cops for help, its their job to make the report.
If all else fails call a lawyer. Its free money for you and you can sue for lawyer fees. If you have the license plate many lawyers will on charge based on if you win since you clearly are gonna win if you find the person. This is of course assuming its not 5 weeks later and no one really believes you.
>>
I'm pretty sure cops are obligated to look into hit and runs mate. Keep pestering them.
Hell, cops were pretty helpful to my neighbor when some bitch took out their mailbox and drove off. And all we had was a vague description of the car.
>>
>>18074015
I dont think he's telling the entire story. I think his car is already banged up and cops just think hes trying to fraud his way into repairs.
>>
>>18073811
>>18074015
>>18074019
Parking lots are considered private property and the police cannot issue an at fault/etc. even for a hit and run.

>>18073985
>>18074008
You're shit out of luck unless you have a couple thousand dollars to get a lawyer to start, most of them require a consultation fee or a "down payment" to begin the process, and will reimburse part or all of it if you win. From the fact that you're only paying liability, I doubt that's feasible. If you have no witnesses or video of the collision actually taking place, you're going to lose a civil case. Parking lot collision is an addition to most insurance policies for a reason.
>>
>>18073995
Lol or people could just ya know... not hit my car fag
>>
>>18074019
Yeah my 2015 BMW was already banged up. It actually came with the red paint where it was hit too. Nothing like that recently-t-boned look to really round out the car
>>
>>18074008

Auto body fag here..... this is the
Worse advice ever. Op don't do this.

>>18075522

Oh never mind. Not real. No one only has liability on 2015 BMW.
>>
>>18074008

Auto body fag here..... this is the
Worse advice ever. So wrong on so many levels. Op don't do this.

>>18075522

Oh never mind. Not real. No one only has liability on 2015 BMW.
>>
I know OP is a troll , but I'm concerned because I'm liability only on an SUV I paid 16k in cash for. The insurance companies are jews, and want me to pay 200 a month for comprehensive.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.