[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This "sexual compatibility" thing is new to me. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Kazuma.jpg (71KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kazuma.jpg
71KB, 1366x768px
This "sexual compatibility" thing is new to me. When someone descrobtes it, It always sounds like an excuse to slut around before settling down. Seems like an alien concept to me. I guess I don't live in the west. Can some one more precisely explain it rather than a saying "test drive before driving" which sounds really dehuminizing?
>>
>>18073618
Sexual compatibility has nothing to do with sleeping around. It just means you and your partner have the same ideas of sex or similar at least. Meaning you have similar sex drives and you like similar things. Agreeing to satisfy each other's kinks and so forth.
>>
>>18073649
>It just means you and your partner have the same ideas of sex or similar at least.

I was told you wouldnt know if your compatible if you dont have sex, that a chaste couple will never know if they are compatible.
>>
>>18073618

It's the same as any other point of compatibility:

Do you both have the same religious/spiritual beliefs/worshiping habits?
Do you both have the same physical level of fitness habits
Do you both have the same or similar reading habits
Do you both have the same or similar political leanings and beliefs?
etc.

Having different ideas on things can be good and foster growth, but having ones that are complete and totally at odds creates points of friction and frustration that results in arguments, resentment, and a mismatch in wants that undermine the potential success of a relationship.
>>
>>18073664
That sounds reasonable. Whenever I see someone use the term its used a some sort of litmus test to know if the relationship has a future regardless of all the good things it already has. That if they had sex and they weren't "compatible" with their partner they would end the relationship regardless.
>>
>>18073662
You can talk about how often you would expect sex and what kind of fetishes you have still.
>>
>>18073618

Living "in the west" doesn't mean you're automatically a loose whore. Alot of the virgins that post here daily are from "the west". It's an outdated generalization based on assumptions. Just like all "british people have bad teeth".
Personally, i could never sleep with someone i don't care about already
>>
File: 1388106369432.gif (2MB, 280x295px) Image search: [Google]
1388106369432.gif
2MB, 280x295px
>>18073618

>Can some one more precisely explain it rather than a saying "test drive before driving"

Ok. You've looked at the car in the brochure. It looks great. You check out the specs and it all sounds super cool on paper. You love the color. You love the wheels. Hell, maybe you've even popped the hood and taken a look on the insides.

You think to yourself, "Excellent, I love everything about this car, what can go wrong?"

You spend 30,000 dollars on this car. You're stuck with it.

You sign the paperwork, the check clears from the bank and now you own the car 100%.

You open the door, try to get in, and then realize the roof is too low for your head. You try to jam your legs in and your knee is all the way up to your chest. The mirrors are so low in the car you can't see behind you. As you turn the car on you realize you have to lift your leg completely off the ground to switch pedals. After a few minutes of coasting around the road crammed into an uncomfortable car with a shitty interior you realize that you absolutely hate driving the thing.

But its too late. You invested. You spent the money. Everyone told you that as long as you were SURE you loved everything about the car that driving it wouldn't matter. You wasted thousands of your heard earned dollars and are stuck in a car you love to look at but hate to drive because you didn't want people to judge you for test outing a bunch of cars before you settled on one.
>>
>>18073707

Really good analogy.

One thing I would say though as that sex to relationships is not exactly the same as driving to cars.

Driving is the sole purpose of cars. Sex is not the sole purpose of relationships.

The question is, does sex matter *enough* that one should be willing to exchange the whole relationship for that one issue?

I don't know the answer to that question. I'm inclined to say no, and that our society places too much emphasis on sex.
>>
>>18073712

Well done.
>>
>>18073726

>Driving is the sole purpose of cars. Sex is not the sole purpose of relationships.

No its not. I don't think the analogy implied that at all. Even if sex is just a small part of a relationship you want to be positive that you're sexually compatible before you commit to that person for the rest of your life.

Maybe some people would be happy with a sexless relationship but, its safe to say that the majority of average people in relationships would not be willing to give up being sexually satisfied for the rest of their lives just because their partner rocks in every other category.

Eventually that frustration will come to a head. Maybe in 10 years, maybe in 20, maybe in 30, but eventually, it usually does.
>>
>>18074369
No onr is asking to wait for 30 years. My friends girlfriend dated 3 years before marraige and he was able to wait.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.