[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone talks about how you should not enter marriage, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1485444587192.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485444587192.png
21KB, 400x400px
Everyone talks about how you should not enter marriage, it's hell, you can't leave, stay single, etc. But what if it's the best thing ever? Is this a myth? How do you know if someone is the one?
>>
>>18073108

>but what if its the best thing ever?

as a general rule, nothing can be the best thing ever. the first time you do heroine it feels amazing, but after awhile all you're doing is sustaining a high and ruining your life.

relationships tend to start great and get bad. the reason people didn't get divorced before was because divorce wasn't really an option. make it an option and most people use it.

this isn't to say you can't have lifelong relationships, but they take work, they are not the best thing ever, they are a partnership, someone you decide to be with for better OR FOR WORSE.

but the system has made it really bad for men if things go south. if it wasn't for divorce favoring women to an unreasonable degree it wouldn't be bad. if divorce was a literal equal divide of the assets, it would make sense.

but its not like that. when you marry someone (as a man) you are legally agreeing to take care of your wife until one or both of you dies, and you can't just change your mind on that, hence why alimony exists. it made sense when men were the primary providers and women were stay at home moms, but now women make enough to support themselves and its fucking shit up.

>how do you know if someone is the one?

you don't. there's no way to see the future. if you believe in a mystical concept of 'the one' some sort of destiny that exists outside of religion (considering that virtually no religions preach about romance) then go ahead and use your magic emotional compass to decide.
>>
Marriage is a religious ceremony, to be bound in the name of god for all eternity's. The rings symbolise the infinite timeline of your matrimony.
Why would you care about being married?
It doesn't prove you love anyone, who cares if you live together forever and are not married, you both know how much you care
>>
>>18073117
well i dont care about the risks of marriage because theyre virtually nonexistent when you write up a prenup with a lawyer.
>>
>>18073140
i think marriages would make me more loving towards the partner and relationships just show i can drop you and fuck someone else at any point.
>>
>>18073205

thats not true, prenups only protect pre existing assets, not future assets.

the legal point of marriage is joiny property, everything that you gain since getting married becomes joint property, a prenup does not protect property that does not exist yet.

you often see/hear of it being used by wealthy families to protect whats already theirs, but you can't make a pre nup that says 'in the future you dont get the property that marriage says you both own'.

doesnt work that way buddy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.