[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I fuck myself over by being very judgmental and selective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lucille.gif (78KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
lucille.gif
78KB, 500x310px
Will I fuck myself over by being very judgmental and selective with whom I greet and spend time with at work?

When I started work a few months ago I went in wearing really nice clothes and even though I wasn't in a management position I would get greeted by everyone because they thought I was. I on the other hand rarely (never) greeted people first and it kinda stuck. After months of doing it I'm starting to get weird looks and most people have stopped greeting me a long time ago. I don't do it out of elitism as much as I just don't want to spend half my morning greeting people, I meet a ton of people each day.
I've also started to shut out a few colleagues that I gotten close to after them pretty much revealing stuff about them that really bothered me (like the fact that they're a racist). I've also snubbed people for much less though, like not having much in common or being stupid shits that can barely use a computer. But it's getting to a point where I have to interact with them many times a day and it's making for some awkward moments when they don't address me directly and use another colleague and shit.
Should I just put on a fake persona and be nice to everyone (I have a colleague that does this basically faking interest and I think it's despicable) or should I just stick to who I am and fuck myself over professionally?
>>
you're a social retard on purpose it seems, what do you have against being well liked?
>>
>>18072955

It makes me uncomfortable. Like I have to put a show and live up to their expectations. I also kinda hate myself so there's that.
>>
when youre at work be pleasant but you dont have to go out of your way to talk to anyone

if people from work try to contact you after work hours you are not obligated to talk to them unless it is actually about work

thats the way i look at it
>>
>>18072957
i was the same before making an effort to not be depressed, ssris for a year and exercise and i view things differently, just try to be a normal person, and don't care about perceived expectations
>>
>>18072967

I don't know what you mean with this. Go see a shrink?

>>18072966

Yeah I'm not talking about after hours. Although I did turn down offers to go out with colleagues for drinks.
>>
>>18073005
>I don't know what you mean with this. Go see a shrink?
i mean that you might be depressed, take care of that
>>
>>18072938
Greet everyone. Be friendly with everyone (unless there's a reason not to). Then leave it at that. It's quite easy to leave conversations shallow. And you're working, so there's always somewhere to fuck off to. No one likes a dick.

>Should I just put on a fake persona and be nice to everyone

Just don't be a dick dude! Don't be an actively toxic presence and everyone will think you're the greatest person around.
>>
>>18073013

Well you mentioned ssris which are antidepressants so I would have to have them prescribed by a shrink. Hence what I said.
I think there is a very good chance that I am depressed, I even had a rough 2 weeks last summer where I clearly went through some anxiety/depression shit, but I am kind of apprehensive about medicating. Reading about it it seems like it's not always effective and the medicine always comes with a ton of side effects. Also I don't want to get hooked on some prescription and have my condition get much worse if I get off of it. I have wanted to see a psychiatrist/psychologist for a while now.

>>18073015

I can spot someone faking interest a mile away and it immediately makes me think less of them or avoid them. I don't want to be that kind of a person. I wish I could just tell anyone "hey you're okay but I don't want to greet you every day" but that would just let people know how much of a weirdo I am.
>>
>>18073043
>ssris
i was only on them for a year then stopped, if you feel reluctant to try that's fine, i don't believe they are necessary but they can be a solid crutch at first, they helped me at least
>>
Fucking hell, just greet people. That's very basic human interaction. They greeted you at first with the expectation that you would get them back.

This isn't difficult.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.