[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody else have difficulty picturing mental scenes? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2207.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2207.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Does anybody else have difficulty picturing mental scenes? For example, I'm actually not able to picture myself standing on a table without there being at least some motion - either I have to be moving, or the "camera" has to be moving. (Certain angles I actually can't even picture with just me moving - the camera has to.move too)
>>
To clarify, I'm asking first to see if this is abnormal before I ask for advice with rectifying this

I have severe ADHD if that helps for answers
>>
>>18072648
I can't picture anything at all. On top of that, I lost my internal monologue years ago, so my head is empty all day every day. Stringing together coherent thoughts is incredibly difficult and requires a lot of time and effort. It's disabling.

I can't be of much help, but I do not think your situation is abnormal.
>>
>>18072803
>lost internal monologue

I know someone who had a psychotic episode from doing cocktails of research chemicals all day every day who this happened to. Was yours drug related?
>>
>>18072648
Yeah I actually have a hard time with this, not so much with the motion aspect but I've never really had much of a "mind's eye."

When I was dating my ex I spent a whole year trying to get good at drawing to make her something, and I noticed that concentrating on drawing shit and really looking at it as it was rather than how I thought it should be increased my mental ability to imagine things and remember visual details.
>>
>>18072648
OP, you might be interested in this. One of the most recently recognised conditions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphantasia

Do you have any other symptoms? anything that people claim to be able to do in their heads, but you think it's just a strange metaphor, because you can never get close to doing so on your own?

Is the movement you're speaking of fast or slow? does it have any fixed speed or will anything do?

Is it somehow connected with 3D vision perhaps?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.