[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pls help How do I find an interest/hobby? I spend every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1487093611678.jpg (15KB, 700x472px) Image search: [Google]
1487093611678.jpg
15KB, 700x472px
Pls help

How do I find an interest/hobby?

I spend every single day bored and tired hoping that I would want to die but I don't so I just sit there. I sometimes spend an hour sitting still looking at a wall. My friend likes to draw and stuff but I have never managed to find something for myself

All I have done for the past months is rewatching some old TV shows
>>
>I sometimes spend an hour sitting looking at a wall
holy shit i feel you man
it wouldn't be so bad if i can embrace being boring and sit looking at the wall peacefully but I keep saying to myself 'i should do something' but something never happens
>>
Gotta take what you're good at and apply it to an activity, even if you're not good at the activity. Starting small with what you -can- do opens up paths to new experience but you have to start somewhere, and publicly. Training by yourself is fine but it doesn't help with real world applications where you're never alone.
>>
>>18072575
I can't just take some random activity and start doing it if I don't like it
You're supposed to enjoy hobbies and I don't really enjoy anything

>>18072572
Sometimes I do think that I should be doing things but I realize that i'd still be inside my head the whole time, like going for a walk.

Mostly I just learned to get rid of the feeling of obligation, i just want to curl up and stop existing for a while
>>
File: PraiseGaben.jpg (95KB, 794x597px) Image search: [Google]
PraiseGaben.jpg
95KB, 794x597px
>>18072560
Buy Valve Complete Pack on Steam and play the whole Half Life Series and then Portal and after that go on rampage Steam game shopping and collect trading cards. Good luck OP.
>>
>>18072605
I have played enough of games, having a few thousand hours in a moba has ruined me as well

Im really picky on my games in a way that I find one I like maybe once/twice a year
>>
>>18072611
>MOBA
>Enough games
Seriously play something that doesnt depend on the level of skill of your teammates. Like a shooter with some good story or a grand strategy game.
>>
>>18072613
(Different poster)
If a moba player plays nothing but ranked matches, then after a hundred games or so they will have exactly the teams they deserve.

Aeon of Strife Style Fighting Action Game Going On Two Sides
>>
My gaming isn't really jumping from one game to another.

I find a game, then waste years on it, mostly some multiplayer game, and then I quit it and move on to something else

The only games I liked playing inbetween were these walking simulators like A story about my uncle or lifeless planet
Firewatch was amazing too

But they are rare and pretty short so after im done I just get reminded how bored I am.

It's like eating the same stew every day and being ok with it, but then one day you get a steak and realize that everything has been complete utter shit
>>
>>18072605
Not OP but similar predicament...

Is Half Life worth spending my neetish abundance of free time on? I already have that pack and all I've played is portal 1&2 and a bunch of TF2 matches where I'm only allowed to join one team and the other has already won.
>>
>>18072632
Meant to reply to you, sorry
>>18072613
>>
>>18072632
You might like Masterwork Dwarf Fortress. It's a single player game where you're supposed to lose, because the only thing you get for 'winning' is a giant cluttered map like in Sim City.

It's extremely difficult to get used to and it consumes a lot of energy. If you've got asperger and no friends then this is exactly the game for you.

Multiplayer Dwarf Fortress is also a thing, but nobody ever uses it because we all have asperger and no friends.
>>
>>18072640
I'll check it out

Have played dark souls with a keyboard so i have a small taste of pain
>>
>>18072620
In just 950 hours in League of Legends I managed to reach Diamond 1. Then I burnt out. Even at Diamond 1 where I played with Challangers and Diamonds everytime, I lost my games, because some players were playing like Golds. Also all my friends burning out of the game alot earlier made it impossible for me to play with an organised team. Its ALL about team. I did mistakes too, but never something that lost the game.

>>18072632
You might like Life is Strange if you can bare all the cringy dialogue.
The new DOOM is game that is very solid. No cons. You might like it too.
Europa Universalis 4 is the best grand strategy game out there right now. Objectively its best. Perfect balance between depth of mechanics and gameplay. If you are into strategies, check it out. Beware its very complicated to learn if you have never played strategy before.

>>18072633
Well I recomended Half Life to OP, because its truly one of the best games released to date. When it came in 2004 everyone who played it was mindblown. It was amazing then. I definitely recomend it to everyone, but people today may find it nothing special or plain boring, mainy because 2 reasons:
1. Most games after 2004 were copying Half Life 2s style of level design and gameplay. Half Life 2 wannabes popped out everywhere. So the game will feel familiar even though you have not played it. Its linear level design made to be felt like its open world.
2. Game is running on Source Engine. It was made from 2004. Some people say its already outdaded, but in my opinion the graphics are standing well even today.
>>
>>18072668
Plat and Diamond are the Outer Party (1984) of League.
>>
>>18072668
Yea I played Life is Strange, I didn't pay much attention to the dialogue. The game just looked really pretty and that was enough for me to love it. Completed all episodes in 1 sitting

Honestly I don't think I could play some action-full or strategical game for long.

I've poured about 3400hours in dota, it's not the fact that i'm burned out, I just don't like playing alone anymore and most my friends stopped playing because a new patch/meta ruined it
>>
>>18072688
>I just don't like playing alone anymore and most my friends stopped playing because a new patch/meta ruined it

assfaggots: the new Dungeons & Dragons
>>
>>18072704
I'm too retarded to know what you're going at here
>>
>>18072668
CORRECTION ON MY POST:
When I ment Half Life coming out in 2004 and blowing everyones mind, I was reffering to the second one. Half Life 2. Personally I think its the best game ever. Together with its episodes.
>>
File: steamlibrary.jpg (84KB, 286x841px) Image search: [Google]
steamlibrary.jpg
84KB, 286x841px
>>18072713
Thanks for letting me know, I have all these half life games and I haven't even installed any of them once. In fact, there's a lot of stuff I've never installed. I guess I just need to force myself to like videogames again.

Going to install HL2 once I'm feeling in the mood.
>>
>>18072727
It has a story and if you dont know the story, you should play the Half Life 1 first or its graphical remake Black Mesa Source ( It came out on Steam few months ago ). I would recomend Black Mesa Source, since Half Life 1 was made in 1999 and its graphics are definitely outdated compared to HL2. But if you want to jump straight into the HL2 experience, just watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJB9Wg-MTU

Its massively simplified version of the story.
>>
>>18072733
I'm actually a huge fan of low-poly modeling. Playing HL1 could probably teach me things.
>>
>>18072673
>tfw no prole
>>
File: 1427496860618.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1427496860618.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
Your advice is to play video games ?

Is there an actual grown up in here ?
>>
File: thinker.jpg (288KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
thinker.jpg
288KB, 1280x848px
>>18072772
Video games are great though. OP asked for interests and hobbies and I recomended video games and Half Life worship.

If this was something about meaning of life I would post this ( which I typed in another thread , but I will copy it for convenience ):
>Self improvement OP. SELF IMPROVEMENT. Go to gym. Get ripped. Eat healthy. Raise your confidence. Write. Learn survival skills. Aquire all the data you can about how the universe works. How the human body works. Biology. Physics. History. Ethics.Try to be rational in politics. Control your emotions. EVERYTHING. Become a super human. Its the most satisfying feeling ever.
>>
people always say just try shit but i think thats really stupid advice because it almost never amounts to anything

i guess i got lucky because i was interested in music and wanted really badly to learn an instrument, so i did. didnt need to force anything

its like if you have to ask you will never know
>>
File: pepe.png (3KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
3KB, 275x275px
>>18072809
Yeah...

Life just doesn't get any easier
>>
>>18072879
Frogposters deserve every evil that falls upon them.
>>
>>18072560
I had the same problem, and would spend my time criticizing or insulting things. People, media, etc. Didn't have any wants beyond basic homeostasis. No desire for intimacy, recognition, prestige. Blunted emotions overall, disgust was the only normal-strength one I had left.

I saw a psychotherapist about it for 8 months and stopped because we weren't making any headway whatsoever. I'd rather kill myself than live another 30 years like this, and I'm planning to, but first I'm saving up to fashion a steel guillotine for myself.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.