[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about getting complimented or hit on by strangers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

How do you feel about getting complimented or hit on by strangers? Like "you have beautiful eyes" or whatever. This question goes to both men and women.
>>
File: IMG_0964.jpg (111KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0964.jpg
111KB, 964x964px
>>18072369
It never happens for me
>>
>>18072369

Random complements are just awkward, never knew how to react to them. Getting hit on is like telemarketing, people trying to sell me shit I don't want or need.
>>
>>18072369
I just say thanks and move on
>>
I feel good.
"Thanks" would be my reply.
I'm a man.
>>
When I get random compliments like that I say, "thanks, I've been practicing."

I don't compliment random strangers though.
>>
I'd assume the person wants something from me. Additionally, I'm ugly as fuck hence my self-esteem doesn't depend on my looks, so I'd just shrug it off.
>>
>>18072369
Wouldn't know, hasn't happened and obviously won't happen
>>
>>18072369
usually pissed off if it's a lie

otherwise just mildly embarassed
my boss told me she loved me this morning
>>
>>18072381
this pretty much. I give them a weirded out look and move on.
Some days when I'm in an exorbitantly good mood I might smile and say thanks but that's a rare occasion
>>
>>18072420
>my boss told me she loved me this morning

Huh? What was the context?
>>
Depends on the stranger... or if in fact they are indeed strange..

The only person who openly compliments me is an old lady though.. so.. not much of a broad sample base.
>>
I'm ugly so the only compliments I get are about my long hair. I don't really mind that since it's usually from other women and I do put effort into my hair.
>>
>>18072369
It's flattering but I just be cordial and thank them.
>>
>>18072369
I like a random compliment, especially on a shitty day.
>>
If it's clear that they're sincerely just wanting to compliment me, I love it. I'm still working up the guts to do it myself, so far I only dare to compliment strangers on their style or something, not looks.

If it's the whole come on starting with "hey beautiful" or whatever, it gets autocorrected in my head to "I want to stick my dick in you".

Basically depends on whether or not it's a ploy.
>>
>>18072369
I only get hit on by people who know details about my personal life. I'm in line to run the family business & I have a lot of money and securities, and I can't exactly hide it. I'm not famous or anything, but our community is low income and low middle class income families, so I stick out quite a bit.

I get weird compliments, like "oh you look like you've been working out" (bitch, no, I've been 6'0" since I was 16 and never went above or below 170lbs.)
Or occasionally I get told I have pretty eyes, which is stupid imo.

I realize that some of these women might be genuine but idk if even my fiancé likes the look of me. Money changes everything.
>>
Depends on the person.

If it's a fat person I say "thank you" smile, and find the nearest private area to openly shudder in disatisfaction.

If it's a good looking bloke or a average-hot chick, I say "thank you" and continue my day.
>>
>>18072634
Are you for real? Why in the world do you care unless that person sincerely tries to get with you?
>>
>>18072369
Feels weird, I usually say thanks and say something nice back.

I'm not great at getting compliments because saying thanks makes you sound full of yourself.
>>
>>18072369
I dont get compliments but i do say them too other people
>>
>>18072656
Literally nothing to contribute. Well done
>>
>>18072369
i get that frequently on my eyes. if its an attractive girl i say "thanks, i grew them myself", then she laughs, and i take it from there. if its an unattractive girl, i say thanks, smile, and proceed with my business.
>>
I get complimented semi often on a bunch of different stuff but every time it always feels kinda special. The only time I dont like compliments is if its from someone that looks spoopy or if they wont leave me alone after, but I'll usually humor them anyway just because.

Usually when I get complimented I just smile and say thank you or if its something sweeter than a normal compliment (like youre beautiful/cute or something) I usually spaghetti and blush.
>>
>>18072369
I commented on a chick's green eyes once. The funny thing was is I wasn't even trying to hit on her, but she took it that way anyways. It's just rare is all.
>>
>>18072369
Guy here, I am so rarely paid compliments that I deny them, react extremely modestly, or don't know how to react. They usually make me feel awkward.
>>
>>18072369
Generally, someone noticing/complimenting me (as a man) is rare. So I smile and thank them and it usually brightens my day a bit.
>>
>>18072369

I feel good.

My response is usually as follows:
*smile/light up*, "Thanks!" *finds something about them that I like and return the compliment*

Taking a compliment graciously is a part of charisma.

I give compliments, but usually only with things people have helped/put effort into, like clothes. As opposed to unchangeable things like bodily features.

The key to giving compliments is to present it in the most nonchalant unceremonious way; like you're commenting on the weather or something. It takes pressure off the recipient, but they still feel good on receiving the compliment.

Complimenting someone on something that they've clearly worked on can make people feel really good/appreciated, which is great.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
Would probably act positively if anyone actually complemented me. Which never happens btw.
>>
>>18072381
>>18072420
>>18072441
stop being so pretentious and take the fuckin compliments

is it so difficult to say "thank you I appreciate that"?

well i guess for el autismo it is
>>
I get compliments on my hat and moustache all the time.

I feel nothing from it. Actually come to think of it I feel nothing from any compliments. Even things I worked really hard on being complimented on by people I care about means nothing to me.

Guess I'll add that to the list of ways I am fucked up.
>>
It makes me feel uncomfortable and I usually make a depreciating joke about myself, end the conversation politely and walk off.

I am the worst for this. I can have a long, in depth conversation with someone, make them laugh, really engage them but the second they compliment me I just spaghetti all over the place.
>>
It's nice, but nowhere near as nice as being complemented by someone I actually know.
>>
>>18074217
I will complement u if ur hot haha
>>
>>18072369
Some dude I chatted with for an extended time told me I'm a good guy after having one of my overly self-depreciating episodes.

I actually started to cry because I felt I already disappointed the good estimation of somebody who wasn't even obligated to give a shit about my feelings in the first place.

I'm a dude.

I wish I was dead.
>>
>>18072369
Dude Odin Sphere was the bomb! Did you play that shit or was this just a random pic to you?
>>
>>18072420
No she didn't. Fag.
>>
>>18072369
Depends on who I am with. The noble way of replying to a compliment is to try and reply with one of your own, depending on the situation. Most times a "thank you" is all that needs to be said. Consider:

Once I was at the mall with my girl. While she was looking through discount sweaters, a girl walk up to me and talked about how stylish my glasses were. I said thank you and moved on.

But lets say my gf wasnt there

Then I would say thanks, compliment her, then gauge her intrest by flirting. Ideally I would get her number and close the deal in 5 mins.

If I detect an alterior motive (like a salesman or a bum) I "not today" and move along. Very useful in seattle, which is crawling with both pitchmen and hobos.

Tl;dr Be classy before being stuck up
>>
>>18074428
> The noble way of replying to a compliment is to try and reply with one of your own, depending on the situation.

Actually that's just a North American/Western norm. Not the norm for everyone around the world.

> lets say my gf wasn't there...

Really? Also it's spelled "ulterior"

>>18072369
I used to live in places where if I was complimented or hit on by strangers, that meant they wanted something from you. I now live in a place where people who compliment me or hit on me are just being nice and don't mean any harm. It's all about context, where you are. Above all, taking care of myself and my own around me is important to me.
>>
I have no memory of such a thing ever happening.
When I have been complimented it has been people I know.
I generally just say thanks or if it is something that I recently changed I might talk about what I did.
>>
Some old lady told me I had beautiful eyes when I was in london 3 years ago. But that was after I gave her 5£ for her cause or something.

I do like my eyes though. She might have been sincere
>>
>>18072369
happens a lot. i generally don't feel social awkwardness. i'd say half the time i can't tell if the chick is hitting on me or just giving me a compliment.

i'd also say most chicks expect me to continue the conversation so it turns out i end up hitting on them and doing al the work. like they present themselves, start the convos, then i have to seal the deal. i end up getting turned off cause of their lack of confidence and gathering strategy. just another girl.

usually they are slightly older so like late 20s. otherwise they're like 40 something.

i also don't like it when they are in groups and like sort of quietly try to say hit and shit and i don't pay attention then once i walk past they say something like "aww maybe next time" or "or not..." or "dang it..." or "maybe he's gay"

like why can't they come up to me adult to adult and let me know straight up? guys are known to be cringy but girls are just as cringy in their own ways.
>>
>>18074428
>recommends being classy
>talks about how he'd fuck a girl behind his gf's back

kek
>>
>>18072369

I don't know since it never happens to me. All I get is "I look very young for my age" because I have a babyface, but if it did happen to me it'd feel nice.
>>
>>18072369
I mostly respond neutrally, but politely if it is a male peer. This is because I am in a relationship and don't want anyone to see my polite response as flirting. If he attempts to go any further than just the compliment, I give a polite shut down. Any further than that, and I get uncomfortable and cuntish.

I try not to be rude, but I have really large, glisteny blue/green/gray eyes that have been complimented since I was a little girl. Some days I am just like, "god I have heard this 1000 times and just want to go about my business in peace." But I try not to let that show so I don't seem mean.
>>
Compliments embarrass me. With most people I usually say thankyou and change the subject.
If they're attractive I won't be able to maintain eye contact or my face will flush red. In any case, i love a geniune compliment. It's so much better than creepy pickup tactics.
>>
>>18072470
I fixed a mildly serious problem for her and saved her maybe an hours extra work and stress

>>18074236
nah, fuck you m8 I have no obligation to play along with bullshit. it's easy as hell to understand if a compliment is fake or not
>>
>>18072369

(guy)

It makes me extremely uncomfortable, because I am socially awkward.
>>
>>18075091
>I fixed a mildly serious problem for her and saved her maybe an hours extra work and stress
Well this changes the whole context of your first post.
>>
>>18072369
Of dude tells me that I'd say thanks and politely tell him I had to go. Probably dude is a fag.
If it is a girl I'd just say thanks.
>>
I feel good if it's something that's true. I used to get compliments on my hair a lot because it was super long and healthy/shiny for once in my life. Some woman actually slowed down beside me when in the parking lot just to tell me it was beautiful when I was at the grocery store.

If it's something that's obviously not true I just give them a weird look and it gets really awkward. I feel like it's easier if I make them feel awkward too, otherwise I just feel like I'm being made fun of.
>>
On the rare occasions that I have been complemented I just say "thanks, I try" because I'm too much of a sperg to be genuine in my response.
I would like to complemented more though, it's always nice.
>>
I constantly get the you have beautiful eyes. Its become second nature to me. I usually just respond "Thank you"
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.