[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to commute 1 hour from home or to rent a room by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0943.png (6KB, 477x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0943.png
6KB, 477x375px
Is it better to commute 1 hour from home or to rent a room by myself next year for uni? I would be more open to living away but I don't have any friends to room with so it seems useless
>>
Rent a room next to your university

First of all, you will often feel like you don't want to go to university, and having to travel 1 hour makes this feeling almost unbearable if you are not strong willed enough, you might become one of these people that only appear in 50% of the classes

Second, you are wasting thousands of hours, isn't your time worth at least a rent?

If you live with your parents this is not even a question, rent a room next to uni, everyone needs to do this at some point
>>
8*8/x = 8*6*8*4^0.5 <=> 1/x = 6*2 <=> x = 1/12
I got bored
>>
>>18072094
I'd recommend going for the 1 hour ride if the cost isn't too big.
I do this for a few years already and have met people who had it even worse than me.
Make sure you stay for as long as possible everyday to make it worthwile and study there till it's dark. This way you will be dedicated enough and keep discipline aswell as you might go out with others after you're done there.

Depending on where you study you won't need to go to all the classes, infact you might even become an engineer by skipping most lectures.
>>
>>18072103

if you can afford it, rent a room, even if its wit hstrangers. otherwise one year from now you'll come here whining about how everyones having an amazing college experience but you cant even date cuz you live with mommy.
>>
>>18072094
If you can schedule things right, it might work.

My university had classes that either were
1) 1 hour mon-wed-fri
2) 1h30 mins tues-thurs
3) 3 hours any one day, usually in the evening

If you can schedule it so you only go to university 3 or 2 days a week, commute. If you cannot, consider finding shack to rent. Or, find a place you can pay half rent and crash during the week but not the weekend.

If you are considering working during this time, consider are you going to be working close to home or the university.

If you end up commuting, get audiobooks for the drive.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.