[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it take to actually die from a lack of sleep?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1743.jpg (30KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1743.jpg
30KB, 640x430px
How long does it take to actually die from a lack of sleep?

Save for brief flashes of a dream that MUST mean I had some REM sleep, I can't honestly say that I'd have gotten any sleep at all for the past 48 hours. I've just laid awake in my bed in the dark for 8 hours at a time before giving up.

I don't drink coffee for 8 hours before bedtime, I don't keep my phone or other screens near my bed, I wear a sleep mask and if nothing else helps, take melatonin. The melatonin-sleep is restless and only ever lasts 4 hours at a time, so I usually only get up to get some four hours before my alarm rings.

But for the last two days, I fucking just _can't_ sleep. I shiver and get heart palpations and can't think straight, but I just. Can't. Sleep.

What do I do?
>>
>>18071256
You will pass out before you die from lack of sleep.
>>
two days is nothing some people do that for fun
plus it sounds like you've blacked out a couple times already. this was happening to me a couple weeks ago
drink lots of water and you'll be fine
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_familial_insomnia

18 months. But your brain is severely hindered after 24, and pretty much shot after 48. Go to a doctor.
>>
>>18071261
When will it happen?

>>18071268
Yeah, I know I wouldn't be functional without the little flashes of sleep there, I'd just like to know what causes it and never fucking have this happen to me again.
>>
>>18071256
Try listening to something that triggers your ASMR, then meditate in bed to it on a constant, low-mid volume loop.

The hum of machinery and stuff like lawnmowers triggers mine, but different people have different triggers.
>>
>>18071279
I don't have ASMR triggers, I've tried looking for them but I have nothing.
>>
>>18071269
>18 months

This can't be fucking real, I'm reading it but I refuse to believe it.
>>
>>18071290

Like I said, you might be technically alive, but brain goes long before that and your body slowly shuts down. You don't recognize friends or family or even where you are, your hallucinating unpleasant things almost constantly, and you're in severe pain. It's a hellish way to go.
>>
>>18071308
Okay, if I don't get any sleep tomorrow night I'm going to a doctor.

Starting an 8 hour shift now. Just have to get through it now.
>>
10 days the brain just shuts off
>>
half an hour in, 7,5 hours to go. Dying inside. Still functional.
>>
>>18071428
>>18071375
Dude. You are unwell right now.

Tell your boss you're sick and go the fuck home and get in bed.
>>
Remove coffee from your diet. Drink water.
>>
>>18071448
and remove sodas too
>>
>>18071442
I can't sleep, got a gallon of coffee in me rn.

7 hours to go.
>>
I used to binge drink at night time...half gallon of vodka every three or four days......after I stopped, I could not sleep and eventually I just got used to going to sleep without being drunk, it took about 3 months....this was a few years ago. Once every few months I will have trouble falling asleep, as in, greater than an hour or so.

You might try a regular doctor or a sleep study clinic.
>>
>>18071450
I never drink sodas.

>>18071570
The problem is I do three-shift work so their first suggestion would be to quit my job, and I need it to pay rent.
>>
>>18071573
Do you work for a large company or a small business?

Small businesses are usually quite accommodating because they have no choice.

Tell them you are very fucked up right now and ask your manager if you can leave early on a Friday or whenever to take a sleep study.
>>
2 days of no sleep will not kill you by any means i have severe insomnia and I've gone a week with no sleep.
It sucks only getting an hour or two every night i can still function and go to work
>>
>>18071380
yeah, I did'n t sleep for 14, so check your source again
>>
>>18071479
why would you ever drink coffe if you can't sleep on your own?
>>
>>18071583
Massive corporation.

>>18071611
To keep me awake for work, dumbass.
>>
sleep study, decrease coffee slowly (headaches)
It takes a long time to be really bad but even two days is mentally similar to drunkenness. good luck.
>>
>>18071638
>wants sleep
>can not be awake at work
>still drinks coffe

here, I spotted your problem
>>
Until you start seeing the little bald doctors you are in no danger.
>>
>>18071647
>needs to sleep during free time
>not during work hours
>work hours keep changing

Do you see my problem?
>>
>>18071663
yeah. Now when you put it that way it seems pretty clear it has to do with stress. A couple of days off work, not thinking about work, nor anything unpleasant and you should be fine
>>
>>18071673
I just got off a week-long vacation. It's my first day at work again.
>>
>>18071682
that you go on vacation doesn't mean that you become relaxed. Also, shitty weather may play some role in this. Go to the doctor, get more free time, go to spa or some other easy place. The company is interested inmaking profit and they make none if you are unable to do your work
>>
>>18071256
See a doc ffs. That said .. after some lenghty medication I have the sideeffect of not producing any melatonin or at best very little. My body refuse the artificial hormone as well meaning I sleep approximately 2 hours per night. Has been like this for six years now and I get by so don't sweat it but do visit the doc
>>
>>18071689
They can just fire me and hire someone better.
>>
>>18071719
they'll still do it even if you work 24/7 but without bringing profits
>>
Actually i had similar problem. Neuroleptics will help, i take 11 mg of truxal and sleep perfectly.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.