[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure this is the right board, but I'm kind of lost.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: p04rnr9g.jpg (42KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
p04rnr9g.jpg
42KB, 624x351px
Not sure this is the right board, but I'm kind of lost.

I'm 25 and I'm finally finishing my undergraduate's degree in the summer (I only got in at 22). After high school, I worked for a few years to save money so I could go study, but all I've ever done during that time were minimum wage jobs serving customers at restaurants/stores or warehouse work. I absolutely hated every single one of them though, and I only endured it because I knew they were temporary. I never felt pressure to "keep" a certain job, if that makes sense. So that's all the work experience I have, 4 years of minimum wage jobs. Now, however, I'm going to be entering the job market for good and hopefully starting a career. Which leads to a couple of problems:

1. There are no jobs in my area - it's a Literature degree, so this was always expected. I don't know what I can possibly do with it professionaly, even though I feel it was absolutely worth it on a personal level. I always dismissed this, thinking "I'll figure something out", but now that I'm close to finishing it I'm getting more worried than ever.

(field too long, cont. in the next post)
>>
(cont.)
2. I feel old. Hard to explain, but I've always been very independent. I've lived on my own since I was a kid, I've taken care of whatever needs to be taken care of and paid for everything myself ever since I can remember. And I travel constantly between countries since my family live abroad, and between cities since other family members live in different parts of my country. All this travelling wearies me A LOT. I see all my friends finishing school and wanting to travel, to know the world, drink and have fun, and all I want is to settle somewhere, own a house and have kids. I'm tired of delaying these things and living uncertainly. I feel old because I'm 25 and I've been looking for a purpose forever and still haven't found it.

I have little money and will need to get a job ASAP after my degree is done...and taking into account all I can aim for with my sort of work and academic experience at my age are low paying jobs, that means years, DECADES perhaps, of being miserable doing what I already do, counting pennies. Renting a room, shared to save even more money, dreaming about having enough money to have a place of my own. And of course, all this taking place during an increasingly crazy housing market, so who knows if in 10 years I'll have enough saved up for even a downpayment.

How can I deal with this? It's the feeling of not being secure, and the vision of security being so far away from me that's fucking me up. How am I supposed to deal with this?
>>
>>18070928
Most people who take time off to work and go back to school are sensible. What in god's name compelled you to study fucking literature. With that you might be considered for a sales job where you don't need a degree anyway. Other than that, start a business, or keep working low end jobs. Literature degrees are for trust fundies who go work at dad's firm. That obviously wasn't you.
>>
>>18070960
No regrets on that front, desu. I chose whay I love.

If I picked something else with better job opportunities, it'd be the same problem but from another perspective; this time I'd have a stable job and more money, but still be miserable because I'd be doing something I don't like. I suppose I could get off the ride faster because I'd save more money in less time, but still...
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.