/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so watch out because this is probably the most autistic post

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: clothes.png (743KB, 733x421px) Image search: [Google]
clothes.png
743KB, 733x421px
Ok so watch out because this is probably the most autistic post you'll see all week

Basically, how do I shop for clothes? I have recently moved to London from another very small European town, and I don't know shit about how I am supposed to act.

So basically after leaving work today I thought I might as well go and shop for some clothes so I can finally look like all these cute hipster people who try weird fits and look very confident with what they're wearing.
First thing I did is I went into a Zara, looked for some clothes I liked, etc, however, what am I supposed to do once I have chosen what I want? Like, I've seen a dude just trying on a sweater in the shop itself and looking in a mirror but I don't know if I'd be confident with doing that. So I looked for the fitting rooms, but like, there was an employee near the fitting room and I was not sure, like, when I go there am I supposed to talk to this employee? What is he doing there? In the end I have put back the things I had chose on the rack and just left
Next thing I did is I went into one of these JD shops that sell nice shoes, however, the shoes are all on walls and there is only one of them, I assumed I am supposed to pick one, and then ask for an employee if they have my size? but like, am I supposed to go to an employee of wait for it to come to me? also, when I try the shoes is the employee staying with me or will he go away?

I know I shouldn't worry too much about all that, but it's very awkward to me, and I'm kind of afraid to ask because my accent isn't the best
>>
File: giphy.gif (398KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
398KB, 500x333px
>>18070380
Stop being so self absorbed and interact with people.
>>
>>18070403
I'm ok with interacting with people, I just don't know the social etiquette, and I prefer to ask before doing anything weird

Any real help please?
>>
>>18070380

The employee at the fitting rooms likes to check what you take in there (so they know if you come out missing something, it's to control shoplifting). Also, if you have a piece of clothing you like, but in wrong size you can ask this person to fetch you a size you think might fit better, without having to leave the fitting room. Just ask then for help if you need any, that's what they're for.

As for the shoes, yes you're supposed to ask for the right size and both shoes. In better stores there's always a helpful staff who come ask if you need help, bit if you don't see any, just find one and say you'd like to try the shoes on. They'll get what you need. And then they'll probably let you try them on kn peace, while they loiter near by kn case you need a different size or might want to try another pair. Ask them for help if you need any.

There's also no need to worry about your accent. It's London, there's shit ton of people with various accents and also plenty of tourists all the time. The staff can handle whatever you toss their way, it's what they get paid for.
>>
>>18070406
Pick the clothes you want, walk I to the fitting rooms, find and empty one and try on the clothes. The ones you don't like/don't fit, leave in the fitting room. The employees will reshelve them later. Don't worry, that's not rude, it's kind of protocol. Take the clothes you like to the checkout and buy them just like you would groceries. People are generally polite and friendly, especially in stores where they're required to be by their employer. Don't be afraid to ask employees questions.
>>
>>18070380
Wow. It actually IS the most autistic question of the week. Even more so, since you do not imply being diagnosed.

Just dothe first thing that comes to your mind - it's not like you'll meet those people ever again
>>
>>18070429
>>18070439
Thank you so much!!
>>
>>18070380
I have diagnosed autism and I have these very same questions.

I've figured out that the staff next to the fitting rooms sometimes want to give you a thing with a number on it. If you bring three items they give you one with the number three on it to make sure you're not stealing anything. But they only SOMETIMES do this and it's awkward when I walk in expecting to be given one and suddenly the staff doesn't give a fuck anymore.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.