[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people determine their self worth over how sexually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: fuggg.jpg (46KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
fuggg.jpg
46KB, 600x587px
why do people determine their self worth over how sexually desirable they are?
>>
>>18068675
because it's literally the only thing that matters. to reproduce.
>>
Because everyone is narcissistic at heart
>>
Because people wanna fuck. It's what most people are working towards on some capacity
>>
>>18068679
idk, i feel like quality of life should be based more off of that
>>
Because they're broken and insecure.
>>
>>18068683
than that*
>>
because we're just products of our genes which want to replicate
>>
>>18068680
but what if you're not narcissistic?

>>18068681
But why?

>>18068685
But why does being broken and insecure specifically involve how sexually attractive a person sees themself?

>>18068698
But why do I never want to have children ever?
>>
>>18068683
It's not.
Humans are still animals. Maybe men are trying to find more meaning to life, but women just exist to produce more children.
>>
>>18068707
What makes you say that?
>>
>>18068702
>But why do I never want to have children ever?

As you age that will change.
>>
>>18068714
How old do you think I have to be for that mindset to change?
>>
>>18068702
>But why?
Because that's the way our brains are engineered
>>
>>18068737
But why does that affect how we view our own worth?
>>
>>18068675
>why do people determine their self worth over their careers or jobs?
>>
>>18068745
I'm not sure of the point you're making. I'm referring to wondering why sp many people decide their self worth over how sexually attractive they are, myself included
>>
>>18068714
Oh, fuck off. People always say that and here I am in my mid-30s not giving a shit about kids.

Never listen to any fucker that tells you you'll want to have kids when you're older like they're some wiseman.
>>
>>18068753
That makes me feel less fucked up. I just have no desire to have kids. I have an aunt and uncle that never had kids, and they're successful and seem deeply in love with each other, yet every example of a couple with kids seems to be less happy and satisfied with their relationship
>>
>>18068750
It's the same concept. People are not secure in who they are. They define themselves on external "achievements". Insecure, sad little people running to and fro.
>>
>>18068762
What do you determine your self worth over?
>>
>>18068763
Who you are as a person. Are you honorable, keep your word, have integrity, not selfish ? For example.
>>
>>18068791
If you could give advice and/or were a therapist, what would you say to someone trying to get over their past of being unable to say no to people because of a lack of self-worth?
>>
>>18068799
To get over your past you have to let go first. Then rebuild, reinvent yourself.
>>
>>18068760
Well, having kids can be a restraint, or it can be a great way for a couple to bond. But whatever you do, never have kids if you feel like theyll end up being the anchor for an already dead relationship
>>
>>18068807
How do you let go of your past? How do you forgive yourself for mistakes you made?
>>
>>18068679
luulz if u are a farm chicken
>>
>>18068679
This is like r9k level retardation
>>
>>18068812
I don't think kids would be good for me or my guy. It's just a lot of reasons, one of them being that I find children incredibly annoying and I want to strangle my own younger sister over half of the time because she didn't become the person I'd hoped she would
>>
>>18068760
children are a meme you're not seeing shit your aunt and uncle get to have their lives together and saved like 80k per kid
>>
To make beautiful dark hair, mermaid eyes, white babies with a handsome man one day. Duh. So yeah, reproduction and narcissism basically hits the nail on the head.
>>
>>18068741
Hmm, let's think about it

>Our brains are wired in such a way that we are driven to fuck
>Fucking is our purpose
>Can't get laid
>Can't carry out purpose
>>
>>18068850
oh trust me, I'm aware of how much more money they make since they don't have any kids to worry about. Plus I'm aware of how marital satisfaction peaks when a baby is born and then significantly drops until said baby becomes old enough to leave the house, and then marital satisfaction levels go back to normal. Kids just don't seem worth it to me, especially considering the downsides.
>>
>>18068855
But why do we see successfully reproducing humans as sluts/chads if they are fulfilling their purpose?
>>
>>18068863
Normies don't see it that way.

Jaded social rejects (AKA 4chan users) are the ones that use those terms and look down upon peopel who are out there getting their dicks wet.
>>
>>18068879
But what way is the true way?
>>
>>18068745
because they are too poor to actually be wealthy
>>
>>18068675
Because they never think about anything meangful so they think only the most animalistic actions matter.
>>
>>18068881
Whichever way you want it to be, retard.

You're in charge of what you ascribe importance to. You wanna make it your life priority to get laid and fit in? Go for it

Do see some sort of futility in that and would rather devote your time to something else? Do that then

You ascribe your own meaning to life, so stop being such a faggot and do whatever you want
>>
>>18068935
What does matter then?

>>18068941
I lived a good portion of my life with a very unhealthy attitude. Now I'm uncertain of what to base it around, especially considering the fact that I still have parts of me that want to base it around sexual attractiveness, even though there's no logical reason for that.
>>
>>18068946
>I still have parts of me that want to base it around sexual attractiveness, even though there's no logical reason for that.
Then fucking don't

Problem solved
>>
>>18068967
Yes because the brain is a switch that you can just flip at will :)
>>
>>18068975
It is and you can.

Just like how I'm going to leave and hide this thread :^)
>>
>>18068988
I'm sorry that you feel the need to run from this issue that you were initially drawn to
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.