[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I stay single for life because I am unable to love myself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1486685475684.jpg (106KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1486685475684.jpg
106KB, 604x604px
Should I stay single for life because I am unable to love myself? I have had treatment resistant depression for 15 years, have been through three therapists and eight medications.
>>
>>18068616
Try going vegan. I heard that lessens the depression and flushes out the body of toxins.
>>
>>18068619
I heard it gives people serious metabolic problems and greatly reduces lifespan and makes it more difficult to concentrate.
>>
>>18068619
I don't believe in that shit. Also the only vegans I know have to supplement with B-vitamins which suggests it's a maladaptive diet.
>>
I can't love myself but I have a dude that's teaching me how to love everybody. If I went by the whole "gotta love yourself before you can love anybody else" rule I'd still be single for probably the rest of my life
>>
>>18068789
I need something like this. A mentor or life coach or some shit like that. How'd you go about getting this dude
>>
sounds like you enjoy identifying with how well you can resist treatment.

change will happen when you'd rather identify with being healthy.
>>
>>18068914
Actually, I tried that and it didn't work. What next, internet therapist?
>>
>>18068884
I met him at a friend's Halloween party at a time in my life where I was very "fuck relationships". I'd had a track record of feeling so lowly of myself that if a guy asked me out, I would say yes to make him happy because my happiness didn't matter to me. I ended up dating a guy for nine months before I got drunk enough to be willing to fight for myself and dump him. I met the guy who would be my current guy not long after that, at the Halloween party. He saw me sitting at a table by myself, not talking to anybody, being an awkward fuck, and he talked to me. And we haven't stopped talking since
>>
>>18068931
It must be good to literally have to just sit there and be helped by strangers.
>>
>>18068938
Eh, it was a mixture of working on myself, doing drugs, and having a guy interested in me. I feel like if I hadn't had that combination of factors at that specific time, I'd still be a fucking mess. If I'd met the guy who would be my current guy too early, I wouldn't have taken my own feelings seriously and downplayed them because I was too scared of actually getting attached to somebody. Additionally, if I'd met him too early, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to grow enough balls to realize my own happiness was more important than another person's. And then if I hadn't done drugs, it wouldn't have helped reset my mind to view the world differently than I previously had. I'm not anywhere near perfect, but I'm a lot better than I used to be
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.