[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >24M >extremely driven, want to go to med school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (3KB, 160x240px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
3KB, 160x240px
>be me
>24M
>extremely driven, want to go to med school for MD/PhD program and have an interview
>to get to this point, had to sacrifice a lot of my social life
>refused to party, meet women, etc. in order to study and work
>really feeling lonely and unloved

To me, this is an either-or scenario where I have to choose between my future career and having a fun social life, but I want to know if anyone else here believes I can somehow find a way to have both.
>>
Hey friend. I'm a current physics phd student so i feel your pain.

I can only tell you what has worked for me: Time management techniques have really helped me to open up my day. When I budget my time, I feel far more relaxed/have much for free time.

Also, in my experience girls are far more interested in men who have passions of their own than men who live a humdrum life and want a romantic relationship to relieve them of boredom.

Also, my understanding is that when you finish with PhD work your schedule opens up quite a bit (it certainly opens up once you get tenure, if you decide to pursue the route of academia). Not sure about MD/PhD though, as I don't know what working conditions are like in the medical research field.
>>
>>18067757
Current med student here.
Its ok. You're gonna meet plenty of new people once you get in. Plus they are all like you. Really driven and have some hobby that they love to do in their free time. Plenty of friends to make there. Don't feel like your life is over just because you spent your time in college studying. You still have plenty of life left to live.
>>
>>18067787
>>18067935
both of these. spent my youth drinking, doing drugs and chasing pussy. So when I finally found my one and only I couldn't get it together and lost her cause I didn't have goals or anything to prove for. Rips my heart out, and now I have to learn to be a man in the late age of 27.

Parties and sluts are OK memories but I much rather have been a nerd and done something that will benefit me in the long run instead of being pic related

>I miss her so goddamn much
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.