[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /adv/ think of getting back together with an ex? Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: BANKAI.webm (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
BANKAI.webm
2MB, 1422x800px
What does /adv/ think of getting back together with an ex? Should it be avoided completely? Are there certain circumstances that you would think it's okay?
>>
The thing about breaking up is that if you did it once, you can do it again. Unless it was something that can be resolved easily it's not worth it.
>>
>>18067436
There are the three questions you should ask yourself:

>Why did you break up?
>Is the issue solved?
>Are we getting back together because we're actually happy together, or because we're scared to die alone?
>Did they do something you dislike during the break?
>>
>>18067436

My brother got back with his ex who he's now married to, but imo some things can just never be repaired. Especially if it's cheating. It will always be at the back of your mind.
>>
>>18067854
>>Why did you break up?
She didn't think I was being open enough and that my depression was getting worse. She thought it was effecting my temper. She didn't think being with me was helping me, she felt like a burden despite me reassuring her she wasn't
>>Is the issue solved?
No, I suppose not. But I'm definitely not as bad as she makes me out to be, I've definitely gotten better
>>Are we getting back together because we're actually happy together, or because we're scared to die alone?
I wouldn't say I'm scared to die alone, but it's not entirely out of the question.
>>Did they do something you dislike during the break?
Not as far as I know
>>
The only circumstance I can see where getting back together with an ex sounds like a good idea, is if the break up was mutual and the reason was due to some sort of distance that has been resolved.

Like I dated a dude once, loved the shit out of him, but he moved away and I just could not follow him at the time. I couldn't drop college and go somewhere else, and he couldn't just quit his job. We tried doing long distance, but it was just suffocating and we both agreed it wasn't working.
We both still loved one another, but neither one of us were in a position where we could move and we could just not handle a LDR.

It's been a couple years since. If he showed up in my town and we could both root our lives in the same place, you bet your ass I'd date him again.

Every other reason to break up though, I can't see really working out. You broke up once for things that were in your control, you can do it again.
>>
What about when you dated while younger (say high school), had a great time with the person and loved each other and dated for years but a whole ton of stressors and immaturity + big life changes all hit at once. We fought online all the time over stupid immature things but in person it was always a dream, we just lived pretty far away and I was a huge mess due to deaths in the family/being a teenager/difficult homelife and lashed out in really stupid ways.
We've recently reconnected after a couple of years with some more life experience/relationships under our belts and things are looking pretty fantastic but everyone always frowns upon getting back with an ex. It's like nothing ever happened and we're right back where we were in the prime of our relationship. I feel like we both realize what went wrong before and I feel like I've grown a lot in the problem areas. Neither of us is blaming the other and we're both taking responsibility for our own stuff that happened.
Thoughts?
>>
>>18067854
That's 4 questions
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.