[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help. Just recently went through a breakup. She was really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170217_173844_7CS.jpg (356KB, 1152x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_173844_7CS.jpg
356KB, 1152x1920px
Please help.
Just recently went through a breakup. She was really my everything. I was completely alone before her. I'm very much an introverted loner with no friends. So we aren't together anymore, and I want so desperately to connect with someone, but my anxiety, and introversion get in the way. I go out for a walk, or take the bus somewhere, but I cant bring myself to speak to another human being. With being depressed and anxious because of the breakup, it makes it even more difficult to even just leave the house. I know I can't put all my energy into one person, because that person might be gone tomorrow. I need a network of people. I'm not an outgoing person at all, and i cant hold conversation with people i dont know because of the anxiety. Please help me. I want to be better and feel better. Any other anons gone through this? What did you do? What should I do?
>>
Go to shows, about music you like.
>>
>>18066694
I'm so broke. There aren't any shows around me that I actually like either. Just local metal bands and stuff. It also feels weird going alone to anything.
>>
>>18066666

Play an mmo. At the very least, its easier to interact with others online. My anxiety and depression was getting worse and worse so i started playing a game to get my mind off things and meet more people i could relate to. It definitely worked. Of course, none of them live nearby but it helped me feel like part of the world again. Hang in there
>>
>>18066705

pregame. buy a 6 pack of beer and drink that shit before heading out. you won't give a fuck what anyone thinks.
>>
>>18066741
Thanks, anon. I tried an mmorpg before and couldnt really get into it, but i do play infinite warfare multiplayer online, and it helps feeling like part of a team. I understand and appreciate what you're saying. Its a good distraction too. Any mmo's you recommend?
>>
>>18066752
I suppose I could do this occasionally. I don't want to have to rely on alcohol to function in the world though
>>
>>18066752
>you won't give a fuck what anyone thinks.
I actually can have hard time not giving a fuck even while drunk as fuck
t. different
>>
>>18066776
I can relate. I give less of a fuck when drunk, and more loosened up. Last time i drank, I approached a lot of people, but its not that I didnt give a fuck at all. There are still awkward interactions. Im just more ballsy when i drink
>>
>>18066757

Toram. It's a mobile game but it's pretty well made. Fairly new so theres still alot to be added. It's free too which is always a plus
>>
>>18066666
join a gym of any kind
but i guess you would find success at an mma gym with sparring and other shit like that youd probs make friends and let out some frustrations
>>
I've been there.
First, don't blame yourself for your situation. I know it's easy to say that x is wrong with you, and it's your fault you can't talk to people, etc.
Take everything one step at a time.
Start with saying hello to people. You'd be surprised what can happen.

You didn't say the circumstances of the breakup, but in any case, getting over it will take time. Find something to take your mind off it, like a hobby or music. It's okay to enjoy things alone. It's okay to be alone. Lots of people don't have friends, but you can and will meet people who may become friends.

Set goals for yourself. Even tiny ones like saying hi to someone you see regularly. Take care of yourself, and don't feel sorry for being who you are. If you're not happy with it, take steps to change it.
Again, this will take time.
>>
>>18067623
Thanks, anon. That actually means a lot. What you're suggesting I do is actually what I'm doing. Feels good to know that im not completely off track. I have some roommates who i talk to occasionally, i like to work out, and go for walks. Just gotta keep it up, get used to being alone, and learn to enjoy it again
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.