[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

femanon here I read a post a while back saying that everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: 1485339095368.jpg (37KB, 340x372px) Image search: [Google]
1485339095368.jpg
37KB, 340x372px
femanon here

I read a post a while back saying that everything a woman does is dedicated to attracting men. When I read this I was instantly triggered. To this very moment I question my self, if my hobbies are being pursued for my self or if I really only do things for other people. So they can think I am cultured/cool. I tried picking up an instrument I was genuinely excited about learning it but that excitement faded super quickly. Also the music I listen to are mainly things people that I think are cool listen to. I do listen to things I can say I enjoy but it still made me think. When I search for media to consume I always take into account what kinds of people like it.

I can't even tell if what I'm doing is actually for me or if that guy on /r9k/ was right. Questioning my authenticity shouldn't have cause such a reaction.

I know for a fact that this doesn't include all women at all . The reason I was so triggered reading that post was because deep down I knew it may apply to me.

How do I stop being a such a vain person?

I had genuine hobbies in the past when I was much younger that I can confidently say I enjoyed for myself but now I don't know man...
>>
>>18065646
That theory applies to both genders. Everything a man does is to attract women, and vice versa.

It makes sense evolutionary, but it does seem pretty damn petty huh? I'm not sure we need to escape this pettiness, but if you wish to then noticing it is a step.

I always fall back on the mantra of: "Do whatever, whenever, just don't be a dick." Vanity or lack thereof is irrelevant, just live your life, whatever life you want. If you feel like you might wanna change yourself, do it, at whatever pace you want.
>>
This happens to most everyone, regardless of gender. I went through a phase of it until pretty recently by getting back to my roots and doing the stuff I used to enjoy as a kid. Try going back to stuff you liked just for you.
>>
>>18065646
you're just being paranoid, don't be hard on yourself. If you have your own, genuine interests, then whongives a fuck what others think. Idk im angry all the time so maybe that's why i don't care. Oh well, extrapolate what you want from it
>>
>>18065646
It's also true for many men.
Ever since middle school I've had a notion that studying esoteric theory makes me look cool to both genders, particularly this girl I had a crush on. And it worked. That is perhaps the main reason why I am pursuing a career in pure math, to look cool and attract people, also I just happen to be lucky and good at it.
>>
>>18065654
Actually men dont do things to attract women. They do things to dominate over other males. Women are attracted to dominant males. Women do things to seek protection from men.
>>
>>18065692
As you just said, dominating other males attracts women. My point still stands: everything either gender does is to attract the opposite gender (assuming heterosexuality of course), we just do different shit.
>>
>I read a post a while back saying that everything a woman does is dedicated to attracting men. When I read this I was instantly triggered.

Everything men DREAM OF doing is dedicated to attracting women. Gay men aren't turned off to attracting women; they want to attract 10x more women and turn them all down. If I ever become gay, it will be for this one single purpose. I do not consider it the slightest bit unreasonable to say that 250% of what men do is dedicated to attracting women. Why did we build civilization? We wanted to be better than the other guy, so we could pick and choose whichever women we felt like fucking.

We admit it. That's the difference between men and women.
>>
>>18065694
Nah men dominate over other men because competition is just in the blood. No women needed.
>>
>>18065703
You say that men are the only ones who admit it, and yet sluts admit that they actively seek the D all the time.

I think its less that ALL men admit their pursuit of sex and ALL women denounce theirs; more that sluttier/sexually oriented people admit it while less sexual people don't, gender irrelevant.

Of course, we could discuss the WHY behind the perceived female rejection of sex but that's edging too close to a feminism debate for the amount of effort I want to put into these posts so, g'day.
>>
>>18065716
"In the blood" You mean in our genetics? The genetics that were spread via sexual reproduction between genders? Which is still around today because we evolved to perform actions that the other gender finds appealing?

If competition among men wasn't beneficial for mating with women, we wouldn't be doing it to this day.
>>
>>18065728
This is the most ignorant thing Ive read in a long time. Like its so stupid I dont know where to begin. It reeks of complete lack of understand of evolution on even the most basic level. Then theres the cringey conclusion you make about competition. Id laugh but Im too disgusted.
>>
Just because you're a boring normie doesn't mean that everyone else is. I'm not a girl though so I wouldn't know if women chasing dreams are really just trying to attract men. I doubt that it's always the case.
>>
>>18065752
Wanna give any actual retorts there bud? Refute my claim with more than "that's wrong" and maybe I'll become as enlightened as you.
>>
>>18065692

dude even famous philosophers admit they did it all for the pussy.

OP, it's basically baked into your genes. Your genes want to survive. To do this, they want you to behave in ways that attract a worthy mate. Survival and procreation. Anything else is basically a waste of energy. Everything we do is an abstraction of those fundamental desires.
>>
>>18065752
We're here to breed, put our kin on the forefront.. part of that is our desire to dominate other men. It all ties back in with breeding.
If you think any species cares more for fighting than for breeding, you're a moron. And considering you had nothing but autistic screeching in response to that other fellah, I'm going to assume the worst.
>>
Most people go through that phase. I loved reading from day one, but I certainly picked my music because I thought other people liked it. Hell, then i found shit I actually liked. Once you get a boyfriend or two based on interests that are faked, you realise how stupid it is. Best to just find things you actually enjoy, and find men who like that too.
>>
>>18065793
No, theres no need to have a discussion with someone this ignorant. It would be me explaining the very basics of evolution which so clearly have no intention of understanding or you wouldnt dare say something so uneducated.
>>18066083
You are making several logical leaps which in no way are coherent with the point.
Instinctual desire to breed do not in any way determine motivations outside of relationships with the opposite sex.
>>
>>18065646
/r9k/ is full of retards and shitheads anon. We're all affected by each other, men and women alike. Just do you. Do things you enjoy and who gives a fuck what kind of people happen to enjoy what you enjoy? Don't allow some prick from /r9k/ to ruin what you enjoy and cause you to question yourself. It doesn't sound like that cesspool is where should be anyway.
>>
File: unnamed.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
14KB, 300x300px
well im a guy and none of my hobbies are impressive so all you have to do is be a guy and your hobbies are exclusively for yourself since they do not impress anyone lol

unless you're a 10/10 3rd degree black belt or something

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

im just not worried about if I only do things for other people because it's never impressive what I do or something
>>
>>18065646
I think you are overthinking it.
I'm a grill and I do music and art on the side, I study a carreer and go to the gym even though I'm chubby I want to look good for myself

I genuinely love music and art and my carreer, I wouldn't stop doing them if people around me hated those, I just wouldn't care?

Now, lets say you like ice cream right? Everybody likes ice-cream but not everybody loves the same flavors. You decide based on experience which flavors you like, you could choose one with a biased opinion but I choose mine based simply on if I like it or not.

Don't assume everyone is like you say they are. Some people are easily manipulated, are you one of those? Do you think of the reasons behind why you like what you like? Why you are how you are? I do, and it has nothing to do about impressing other people but impressing myself with my own limits

Just don't over think it and do what you like and love, however be honest with yourself. Do you really like this? Why? And is that reason noble or honest or am I a vain piece of shiet?.

That's all.
Just stop stressing over nothing and build a solid personality with genuine interests and knowledge
>>
>>18065776
dude fuck off i literally said exactly that in my post you dumb fuck learn how to read
>>
>>18066533
thanks you femanon, great advice here

only thing is when people say

> I want to look good for myself

i have to call bullshit on it sometimes

cause while I agree a lot with statement, I myself enjoy looking good, I'm pretty slim. waking up and feeling good in my body does boost my confidence in myself but at the end how you look can effect the way people treat you so i feel like many of us are way to socialized to forget about that and subconsciously we do consider it a lot.
>>
>>18065646
I don't, but I'm male. I focus mostly on my work, hobbies, and travel. I dress well, but it's based on things I think look good in the mirror. I do like competitions-- I work in a competitive field, I like debates and complex abstract conversations in general, and I prefer fairly complicated books. So no, I think you're a poser. Even my girlfriend is a researcher in CS and picked her particular field because she thought it was interesting, not to look cool to guys. Already has several publications. I don't think all girls are as vain as OP sounds.
>>
>>18066564
>I don't think all girls are as vain as OP sounds
I didn't imply that at all

I know for a fact that many women have interesting and genuine hobbies, I know plenty of them. The reason that statement clearly upset me is because yes I come off as a poser.

you offered me zero advice to my question

>how do i stop being vain?
>>
>>18066688
here's how you do it cunt fuck
-assume that you aren't special & like everybody else
-do whatever the hell (your hobby) you want
It's that easy. You just need to silence that inner critic (because you're probably a lot like me and are judgementel af & always have an opinion on something) & delve into your hobbies, whatever they may be. There yuh go bitch
>>
>>18066688
>>how do i stop being vain?
do you go to college? study anything?
>>
OP, femanon here as well... im quite an aloof person so i usually do things/like things that please me even though others may not enjoy those things as well. I play the violin but it isn't too interesting to me anymore... there's always gonna be someone whether it's a friend or man who's compatible with what you like without you having to change the things you like
>>
>>18065646
Its the same for men
>>18065692
They dominate other men, because it attracts women
>>18065716
This is untrue, men have incredibly strong sexual desires and almost all men that cant get regular sex are depressed about it

And you cant deny there are some things in life people do solely because its fun
When I wrap myself up in a blanket and roll around and wiggle, Im not doing it with the goal of attracting anyone. Its just fun.
>>
>>18066751
Also OP, you are really shit at pretending to be a girl

Make your propaganda less obvious

Im "redpilled" on men and women, but its just so painfully clear what the goal of your post was, and you make it more and more clear with every response. If you cant convince people your positions are correct with straight up facts then youre shit, and if youre going to try and manipulate or take a softer approach you cant churn that shit out the way you don on this board. Artificial propaganda is much more harmful to your "cause" than none.
>>
>>18066706
rude but good advice

ty
>>18066709
yeah, comp sci
>>
>>18066758
oh wow you think I'm a guy?

do you think this is some thinly veiled woman hate thread by some /r9k/ poster to get a discussion going about how shitty women are?

cause i totally see why you would think that but it's honestly not that way i swear lol

i just question my self a lot and don't wan't to come off as a try hard manic pixie girl or something cause thats really cringe imo I'm honestly p insecure and care a lot about my image truthfully
>>
>>18066934
>comp sci
uh are u ugly?
It's usually a meme that people in my department look down on CS but I've actually taken a Machine Learning course and I think they are just nice people trying to do useful things, there's nothing wrong with that.
Wanna talk about CS (the math part)? there's nothing vain about it! I really doubt any girl would study CS to impress guys, because, firstly, it's not impressive, secondly, it's hard.
>>
>>18066751
>They dominate other men, because it attracts women
No dominating over other men serves for self preservation first. Not attracting women.
>>
>>18066751
>having strong sexual desires means everything do you is for sex
That retardation.
>>
>>18066990
I'm average in looks not sure why that matters
and no i took comp sci because i like the idea of having a somewhat useful degree/skill i guess.

not a big fan of math though I'm taking discrete structures right now it's pretty tough
>>
>>18065646
First off no one on r9k is right. They are immature virgin kids with no concept of life or society.

Second, stop saying that word. Triggered? Seriously? Both men and women should never improve themselves for someone else's sake. You do you. If you start acting like someone else then you're really not who you are.

Third, I know it's counterintuitive but you really should listen to what everyone tells you. Especially on 4Chan. Even people on adv give crap advice sometimes, but this board would be the best place for actual sound advice.

Lastly, stop giving a damn about what other people think. Live life to its fullest. Damn what others think. Your life will be a million times less stressful.
>>
>>18067102
>and no i took comp sci because i like the idea of having a somewhat useful degree/skill i guess.
So do you still have the question in OP?

>discrete structures
first year?
>>
>>18067103
You really shouldn't

SHOULDN'T

FUCK my phone
>>
>When I read this I was instantly triggered.

As the saying goes, the truth hurts.
>>
>>18065646
>being on /r9k/
theres your problem
>>
>>18065646
>I read a post a while back saying that everything a woman does is dedicated to attracting men.

The guy was wrong, HOWEVER;
Women have better social skills, the downside of which leads to greater "herd mentality". There is a very real chance that you have done things purely out of thinking about other peoples opinions of you.
The only thing the robot got wrong was that it was for men. You do that shit for everybody, not just men. Your social creatures.

However, now that I think about it, the robot may have been wrong about "all women", but he was right about you.
Why the fuck else would you lurk a board full of lonely bitter virgins?
I can think of two reasons;
>Male attention.
>Being around people worse off to feel better about yourself by comparison.
>>
>>18066533
>I genuinely love music and art
Basic bitch detected.
>>
>>18065654

I don't think I play vidya and fap to attract women, but whatever you say, man.
>>
>>18067103
>>18067136
i sort of read through the typo and knew what you meant
great advice, thanks

i can not think of a better term to described how i felt other than "triggered" i wasn't even using it in the ironic way either

when i read that post it did upset me and it felt very irrational for me to feel that way because why should i care what a shitposter on /r9k/ thinks
but i did cause it hit too close to home
>>
>>18067125
second year

i hear our prof curves the grades a lot but many still fail the class
that class made my friend switch from cs to informatics
>>
>>18067175
i mainly lurk that board
>Being around people worse off to feel better about yourself by comparison.
is pretty spot on

when ever i feel shitty about myself i like to go on there
>>
>>18067473
>failing discrete math

Yeah sorry I could never understand this perspective.

Does the syllabus end at basic graph theory or finite automata ?

I mean discrete math is very hard, but at research level. For school exam level, it's pretty much the only type of math that requires bare minimal set theory, which is why the stuffs can be taught to 5th graders and up. So that means if average people fail it must be the teacher's fault. If you are afraid of failing, which I doubt you are, since you're spending time posting "femanon" thread on 4chin and browses r9k, but just in case you are afraid of failing, consider learning from youtube tutorials or similar stuffs
>>
>>18065826
>dude even famous philosophers admit they did it all for the pussy.
sounds scientific
>>
>>18067603
I'm actually just got finished watching a patrickjmt tut on truth tables
reading the text book has helped a lot as well

the class is super fast paced and he attempts to cover so much material we take at least 5 pages of notes each class MWF
>>
>>18067603
pic related is the end of the syllabus
>>
>>18068249
i'm in that class right now study with me anon
>>
>>18065646
I didn't read your thread
But MM&O is based
>>
>>18068261
i have my first exam for it next monday i actually do need a study partner

fml
>>
>>18068249
>truth tables
Deductive logic?
I literally never got a question wrong in that class
>>
>>18068507
had mine two weeks ago did fine, i'm farther along than you too, let's do it
it'll motivate me to actually give a shit about my studies
>>
File: 1418335747770.jpg (619KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1418335747770.jpg
619KB, 2448x1836px
I believe that all things we do that aren't practical or helpful to ones self or loved ones is vain, OP.

Name some hobby or process I've never heard of or some kind of nuance in something common that people may not know of.

If it sounds impressive, it might be vain. If it sounds kind of mundane, it might be worthwhile.

I reload ammunition because the gun I shoot is around $1 per shot. I invested around $400 into reloading equipment so that I can make it around 25 cents per shot, and it also makes my shots more accurate since I can custom load each shot instead of using mass produced ammunition.
>>
>>18065692
Almost anon, real men learn to dominate themselves. If you can handle yourself, you can handle any problem the world throws at you
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.