[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I deal with low social status? My entire 5-year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1458275444652.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458275444652.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
How the fuck do I deal with low social status? My entire 5-year studies have been a social disaster, sometimes more, sometimes less so. I feel like I don't fit in and it drives me mad. People would just tell me it's all in my head, that I'm paranoid - like my therapist, who claims he doesn't believe people genuinely don't like me - but it doesn't feel that way.
>>
File: High Energy.jpg (76KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
High Energy.jpg
76KB, 500x526px
You need to be high energy.

You will fail at first, because you are inexperienced. Success comes after you've practiced seriously for a while.
>>
>>18065343
But I'm low energy, though I'm trying to change it.
>>
>>18065306
>he doesn't believe people genuinely don't like me - but it doesn't feel that way.
that's what paranoia is man. you need to learn to break the thought patterns that cause this to happen
just remember nobody is trying to single you out or make you feel bad. nobody cares about that shit over the age of 18
>>
File: Dustin_Hoffman_-_1968.jpg (15KB, 220x301px) Image search: [Google]
Dustin_Hoffman_-_1968.jpg
15KB, 220x301px
I volunteered to be a leader of some group project at uni. My group needs more members and I tried to take over some girls from the other group, but they said to me that I don't suitthe role of the leader, because I 'can't speak up for myself.' One of the girls is a bitch that I asked out during the first year and got rejected. Though I was open about it, I think she still has regarded me as some beta ever since.
What she said about me is not true but it hurt. I'm not a born leader but I know I can do it when I want to. They might not know me from this side because I never really volunteered for leadership roles at uni before (this time I figured fuck it I'm doing it, if some others that also volunteered can do this I also can, it's not rocket science).
What do, apart from just doing my thing
>>
^
Also I probably sperged out too much but she just said it like a bitch
>>
File: i am so metal.jpg (50KB, 690x784px) Image search: [Google]
i am so metal.jpg
50KB, 690x784px
Building social status can be very hard and it takes a lot of time and effort. Most people will not take you seriously in your teens or 20's. But it can be hard, even in your 30's and 40's to be taken seriously.

As a manager it was hard to build my status. This is my advice: take yourself seriously and expose yourself to criticism, then act on it. Your instincts will give you an idea.

Make sure you don't smell and look like shit everyday. Make sure you concentrate on details. Make sure you take care of yourself physically and financially. Make sure your side of the "yard" is nice.

Social disasters tend to be delinquents, the homeless, and the truly troubled, so unless you are that, being a complete disaster is difficult to achieve. Also, feelings tend to be very intense; it's likely you are just feeling rather than thinking.

It's okay to feel bad about yourself. Being a guy means you are punished harshly and quickly if you show weakness or are weak. Concentrate on your skill and disposition. Consider: what is the BEST version of yourself?
>>
File: zac.png (465KB, 617x349px) Image search: [Google]
zac.png
465KB, 617x349px
>>18065306
I was a nerd my entire school life until senor year of highschool.
I was the kid that everyone knew his name because he was that fucking nerdy and made fun of.
You know what i did? i started working out, i started running, and i started talking to more people.
sophmore year people stopped saying shit to my face because i got bigger.
Junior year girls started noticing me because i talked to enough people my social autism was slightly concealed.
Senor year i had it to an acceptable point and people were inviting me places and i was on top.
And you know what happened? i got out of shape again sophmore year of college and they all stopped talking to me again and i became a social autist.
Your looks matter, how much you work out matter, and who you talk to? Matters.
You can fix this. you just have to go out there and do it.
I recommend beach body for the physical part of it, 10 mins a day if you keep up with it for about half a year you should have a flat stomach, not abs
>>
>>18067514
left>>>>>right
>>
>>18067560
I think your opinion in person would be different, but girls do usually prefer more girly looking figures on a man.
Second part sounds insulting but i assure you that is not the intent
>>
>>18065306
All therapists are trash.
>>
>>18067514
I already look quite good. I've been told I'm attractive facially, I dress decently and my body is semi fit (I actually have poor man's abs).
It's the social part that gets to me.
>>18067606
No, he is actually pretty decent.
>>
>>18065306

you are paranoid. what you live seems to be a normal to 'meh' social life, but you interpret anything that doesn't go extremely positive as a disaster, and likely even treat the extremely positive as unimportant
>>
By the way, how to set a border between being assertive and reacting to mockery and being autistic?

I feel that I sperged out a bit too much here
>>18066799
though I think it's good that I said something.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.