[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do grown adults live in such filth? I don't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1198649924811.gif (549KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1198649924811.gif
549KB, 360x359px
How do grown adults live in such filth? I don't get it.

My roommate of 7 months is an absolute pig. We've fought over it numerous times without any shifts being made. It's resulted in me now moving to break the lease and get a place somewhere else -- I have the paperwork in hand and we are both signing it tomorrow.

I should add that 95% of the apartment is my own furniture, dishes, electronics, etc. He moved in with only a duffel bag of clothes, a frying pan, and his 4 bicycles. That was it. Everything else has been purchased or provided by me, with no compensation on his end for what I have had to pick up for the both of us. He won't even chip in to replace toilet paper. The only things my roommate has contributed to the apartment for our shared use were a keurig and a single chair in the living room. I've handled all of the bills, the negotiation of the lease, the maintenance, and so on. To my benefit, it will only help my credit score, but I have to had to carry this sad asshole, who's also on the lease with me, for 7 months. I've had enough of his bullshit and, as I said earlier, am breaking the lease just to be done with him. I'll eat the extra month's rent and security deposit -- I don't care.

I tried kicking him out in the fall but couldn't get a replacement to move in here. I tried being a cold bastard too, moving forward regardless to take over the rent all by myself and kick him out, but then he got in a nasty car accident and cut back hours at his job.
>>
>>18065304
Everybody around me said I had to "have a heart" so I let him stick around. But even then, after we had a long conversation about my grievances and what needed to shift, nothing changed. And since the accident, he's kept the "reduced" working hours because he "likes getting up late and being able to do whatever the fuck he likes." He's saying he's job hunting but he's not taking it very seriously. Guy didn't even know how to include a cover letter with his resume, and I overheard him arguing with the employers during a phone interview. Because they called him for the interview at an inconvenient time -- that he set up!!

Over the last 7 months, this is the shit I've had to deal with:
>mysteriously disappearing food from the fridge and cabinets, but him consistently denying even though more than once I actively caught him pouring my cereal into a bowl, grabbing fruit out of my lunchbag for work, swiping sips from a milk jug, etc.
>coming back to the apartment and finding the place filled with smoke because he burned his dinner and just left it to smolder
>condoms on the couch (which I bought brand new when we moved in)
>broken glasses or dishes left in the sink (always mine)
>coffee cups left out for daaaaaays filled with stale coffee, cocoa, tea (always mine), or whatever else. Sometimes he'll come back from his car with 4 or 5 crusted over mugs that he had been collecting during the week, and then just leaves them in the sink
>the dishwasher being run again and again with the same load because he only takes out the dishes he needs and then runs it all over again
>raw meat left out on the counter or sitting on a plate in the fridge, never covered
>a puddle of piss in the shower or around the toilet
>my shampoo, soap, etc. misplaced and clearly used by somebody else. I find his hair in my soap constantly (I buzz my head) and he's offered my razor and toothbrush to girls that spend the night
>>
>>18065307
>his toiletries strewn all over the sink in a puddle of mouthwash or bike grease, usually with my things removed from the medicine cabinet and placed somewhere in the pile
>missing supplements or protein powder, even when he buys his own he will use mine over his because "it's better quality" (that was his defense when I called him out for it)
>our storage space completely filled with skis, helmets, work out gear, bike parts, and other stupid shit he collects
>our porch covered in scrap wood and random tools he leaves lying around
>the food for my pet fish misplaced and put with his belongings because he keeps losing his own and just decides to come into my room and get mine
>my video games and controllers left out and covered in bbq sauce, taco bell hot sauce, or whatever else he's eating while watching netflix/playing my games
>trails of greasy fingerprints on the walls where he taps as he walks by, on all the lightswitches and door knobs, and then food and sauce spills all over the carpet, staining it for good
>a broken chair that he refuses to replace and a glass table on our porch he's carved into with his knife that he swears is not his doing
>broken video game system he smashed into with his bike while trying to ride it inside the house
>stolen beer and alcohol he gives to his friends when they come over and he realizes he didn't buy any (he miraculously "stopped drinking" or having friends over once I started hiding my alcohol)
>empty weed baggies shoved into the couch cushions or just left lying on the floor

It's so fucked. And I haven't been in a position to just oust this guy for a while, financially or whatever. I haven't been a little bitch about it either. I've screamed, threatened, gone over his head, taken my shit, spit in his food, pissed in his shampoo... everything but physically kick his ass. He's a fucking disgusting monster and I am so glad I'm done with him soon, though. Fuck.

How can an adult be so disgusting and be OK with it?!
>>
>>18065307
>raw meat left out on the counter or sitting on a plate in the fridge, never covered
you're supposed to bring raw meat to room temperature before you cook it, it tastes better that way
>>
>>18065314
Yeah, but for 3 days? I'm not retarded. I know this. But the guy will leave ground hamburger in the fridge for a week and never touch it. I have to remind him to do something about it. I've also come home to find him cutting meat on the bare counter, nothing to protect it, and then just walking away and not even cleaning up the leftover pieces he didn't use.

I've cleaned up after him so many times I eventually just had it and stopped. Now I cook and clean around his mess. Unless it's a danger to me, I had to stop giving a fuck.

He flips out if I toss his rotten food too. So, I stopped. I guess he wanted his 5 week old mangoes that were mush in our fruit drawer? He's got a full bag of potatoes growing 3 inch shoots and an entire garden of onion plants on our fridge, untouched. It looks like a farm up there.
>>
>>18065304
Before you move out, have the landlord inspect the place so it is clear that any damages or cleaning charges are the roommate's and not yours.
>>
imagine thinking living with roommates is superior to moving back in with your parents
>>
I keep my room clean desu.

I vacuum every week at least once and light incense, candles, spray perfume, and organize all my objects.

I'm not OCD, I just like having a clean house.

A cluttered house is a cluttered mind.

it is scientifically proven that having a clean house will make you happier.

because honestly come home to a pig sty made by your roommates and see if that makes you happy.

some people are just slobs. Americans are as well. I learned to be clean from older ladies.

I'm USA btw.
>>
>>18065312
You have the roommate from hell...a compilation of the worst traits I've ever heard of...I don't blame you for doing whatever you need to do to get away from this disgusting human being.
>>
>>18066355
I'll be doing that. The landlord is already aware that I am not the one at fault. It just sucks that for these 7 months I've been the one calling maintenance, documenting, taking photos, and making sure everything is as clean as it can be. The only things that are absolutely "fucked" are the tub and the dishwasher. Both were sort of out of our control -- the last tenants didn't leave them well maintained themselves. So, I'm lucky in that the rest can be dealt with. Losing my security deposit anyway because I'm breaking the lease, and my next place is already "locked in" so it won't hurt me to just walk away from this pile of flaming garbage.

>>18066508
I've done it all. Lived in parents right after college and nearly lost my goddamn mind. Then I lived on my own in the middle of nowhere. Then I lived as a dorm parent at a boarding school, having to share my space with teenage students. Then I lived on my own again in a city. Then I moved here with this roommate. Definitely a downgrade, and everybody told me that. Luckily the next place is a condo with the girlfriend. I'm super excited. It's roomy, bright, has a lot of perks, and I get the benefit of being able to boink my girlfriend on the daily without having one of us leave the house. That's the best option, by far.

>>18066523
Agreed 100%. I'm not OCD at all. Shit, I even have a huge pile of laundry just sitting in the hamper right now and an unmade bed. It's just that I don't like coming home to find a huge pile of dishes I didn't create, melted cheese stepped into our rug or a strong sent of burnt meat and chili powder lingering in every room of the apartment so strong I had to change my clothes after being here for even a few minutes (that was this morning... the roommate was up from 1am - 3am making chili, watching loud Netflix [my account] and drinking wine. On a work night)
>>
File: 1307333235682.png (258KB, 633x477px) Image search: [Google]
1307333235682.png
258KB, 633x477px
>>18066629
Yep. He's a mess. It wasn't until I already signed the lease with him that our mutual friends spoke up to say I shouldn't have done it. They shared space with him in the past and did not have good experiences either, but kept their mouths shut because they figured I "knew what I was getting into" and didn't need the warning.

My girlfriend hates coming here now too. She was cool with it, but within the past two months the roommate has started creeping her out. We offered him some of our leftovers once and he INHALED them right in front of us, then went into the fridge a few minutes later to eat the rest we were saving for ourselves. He is incredibly awkward to talk to. He has a habit of walking into the living room and just sitting down to watch TV with us without saying a word. He'll try to get into the kitchen while we're cooking and just "work around us," but never asks to be excused. He is rarely polite. He likes to come out of his room, open the fridge, look at us, sigh, and then go back to his room. My girlfriend suggested it was because he wanted food but realized he had none and wanted us to "help him out" again. Sure enough, she and I both caught him eating my food from the fridge again after we left the room.

He also freaked her out beyond repair once when she found him standing right outside our door after we had sex, and then that same night he walked into the bathroom on her. The guy is a walking disaster.

He also regularly leaves the door unlocked, which is fucking unacceptable. Like I said: the apartment is 95% my things, and there's no individual lock for my own bedroom. Luckily we've never had anything stolen, but the times I've come home late from work and found the door unlocked and the roommate nowhere to be found? I could easily count it on all my fingers and toes. No "conversations" or "complaints" or "physical threats" shake his ability to fuck up and forget the lock.

He's also been late on rent/utilities for 5 months straight
>>
>He also regularly leaves the door unlocked, which is fucking unacceptable
my retard roommates also thought this was acceptable

seriously, the weight lifted from my shoulders when the lease ended and I moved back in with my parents is something I never hope to experience again
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.