[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate my hometown but I'm angry that I some how always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: xroMal1.jpg (82KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
xroMal1.jpg
82KB, 500x334px
I hate my hometown but I'm angry that I some how always wound up back to it. I graduated college with a STEM degree, got many interviews (I sent out 120 applications), but no jobs. Side note: Fuck companies that make me take days off of work and travel a long ways and not even offer to compensate me.

Backstory:
Now I'm back with my parents. I'm gracious I have a home, but fuck this town. I'm trying to apply to job any normal job but can't get anything because this town has no industry and is dying because people are leaving it for how pathetic it is. I can't get a job at restaurants because I have a degree and people won't hire me.

This town has no scenery and nothing to do other than alcohol and it is literally just farmland. That's all. I'm an outdoorsy person, but I can't even go on a walk anywhere. The people here are nice and hardworking, but like any small town person, they're stuck in their conservative Trump bubble ("racism doesn't exist!") and have no idea how the world works. I have nothing in common with these people.

There's no culture here either; we have one bar that's about to close and we had a pizzeria that the owners burned down for the insurance money. I often feel out of place for being a minority, having a mental disability, and having different interests. Even growing up, I told my parents I didn't feel at place and they just told me to not worry about my interests and just fit in with everyone else's norms.

I can't believe I've spent my whole life here and somehow put up with it (I just blocked out everything negative rather than dealt with it), but now I've been feeling angry and found this a reasonable scapegoat. I'm trying to leave and just move on with my life, but no matter what I do, I get wound up back here.

The question is, /adv/ why am I angry about growing up in a town that I had no control over? And does anyone else hate where they live and want out? I want to live in a place like the picture here.
>>
>I sent out 120 applications
>no job
How is this even possible??
>>
>>18064613

Are you 12?
>>
>>18064613
120 is about normal these days for job applications.

-OP
>>
>>18064607
i think you're mostly angry about the fact that you had to adapat to a world not fit for you and you're sending it in your hometown
if you don't live in the world you want then change it
>>
>>18064622
How did you not, you know, improve your applications? Or were you just sending out the same resume and cover letter to companies? You can't have shown many of them how much you actually were interested in the companies either if you applied for 120 jobs.
>>
Honest question; how long would be your commute to said job opportunity?
>>
>>18064626

Are you fucking retarded?
Read his post butterbrains.

>>18064607
What are your options in terms of commuting, OP?
>>
>>18064623
I'm also angry for my whole life I've tried to make things better by trying to do it myself rather than demand an entitlement and have others change it for me.

While growing up, I didn't have a lot of control. I wanted to do my own hobbies and do my own thing, but I always had to ask for permission. I complained about not fitting in and the parents' response was to stop being selfish and forget my hobbies and just be interested in what other people are interested in. I mean, screw martial arts, basketball is more important. Screw video games, you should be into hunting!

I can't even spend my own money to fix up my room to be more comfortable, simply the fact that it's "their house."

I am trying to change it, but it's difficult. I want out of my town, so I'm trying to get a job and move. No success.
>>
>>18064626
I would use the same resume, but change it up a bit and cater towards each job. Same with my cover letters; I would write a somewhat different letter and tell them what I liked about their company.

>>18064638
I have a car. I'm just 2 hours from the nearest city.

>>18064635
The last job I had an interview with was 6 hours away. I got an interview with Panda Express and that's 2 hours away. I call back every few days to check up on my interview status, and the manager just gets impatient with me and tells me they'll call me back.
>>
>>18064623
The reason smalltowns suck is that if you don't fit in, you either fit to their norms or you outcast yourself. You don't expect them to change for you.

At least in larger cities, you have the power to move around a bit to find a group you have more in common with.

Why should anyone have to compromise their own interests?
>>
>>18064647
If you're applying for minimum wage jobs that don't require a degree, you need to make yourself appear dumb and uneducated. Leave out the degree. The manager isn't going to hire a person smarter than him.
>>
>>18064607
pull your head out of your arse! yes you live in a bum fuck town in bum fuck nowhere.

it could be a lot worse you could be in another town while your friends is dying of a disease and you cant always be there.

stop being a selfish little shit there is always someone who has it worse than you.

if want a job dont tell them you have a degree. just tell them what they want to hear. so they will give you a job.
>>
>>18065105
You're a jerk. That doesn't make you wrong. It just means you're telling me what I need to hear even if I don't like it.

Thank you.

>>18065083
Wow, so overqualified is a real thing? :(
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.