[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>valentine's day >ask wife for the last three weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1453416442453.jpg (40KB, 602x596px) Image search: [Google]
1453416442453.jpg
40KB, 602x596px
>valentine's day
>ask wife for the last three weeks what she wants to do and she pretty much tells me nothing and that she doesn't want anything
>say ok but tell her I'll take her to the city during the weekend as valentines day is on a bad day
>don't do anything (bring her roses and chocolate but that's it)
>the next day she throws a fucking fit and then thinks that my mother is trying to break us up because of some weird scheme she's come up with
>which invovles me going to get pizza to meet up with some waitress and fall in love with her because my mom didn't make dinner on Valentines day
>mom obviously isn't doing that because she's told me in private how much she loves my wife and how she thinks of her as her own daughter
>eventually this boils over to where my mom talks to my wife and gets into a screaming match where my mom pretty much breaks down, cries, and tells her how much she loves her and would never try to break us up
>wife isn't really convinced
>I think it's dead
>she starts bringing it back up again only this time she's talking about how she could have literally had guys from Ivy league schools

I really don't know how I can get her to bury the hatchet. She's got it in her head that my mom is trying to break us up and that I don't love her.

At this point I'm really figuring I should just tell her to fuck off. I mean I just can't keep going like this every fucking day.
>>
how old are you guys?
>>
>>18064463
I'm 23 and she's 25.

We live with my parents.
>>
>>18064455

Uhhh....Wow....So I hate to say it OP, but your wife sounds insanely unstable. I hate to say it, but stuff like this only gets worse and if you can't really take it now, what makes you think you'll be able to take it in the future? People never really change, so don't expect your wife to change either.

Does your wife have any redeeming qualities or did you just marry her because you felt obligated too?
>>
>>18064455
I went to an Ivy. What she means is probably something like 'I once went on a date with a guy who I think went to an Ivy.' That does not imply marriage prospects.
>>
Does she or her family have a history of mental illness? She sounds like she has incredible levels of paranoia that you should try to help her with.
>>
File: 1454562674436.png (74KB, 1332x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1454562674436.png
74KB, 1332x1336px
>>18064477
Well I do genuinely love her. She's a really sweet woman who's quite caring, smart, beautiful and she has a master's degree in comp sci.

I married her because I wanted to. I want to get that across. She's also, well, emotional, to say the least.

Also I get up at six in the morning every day to take her to the city so she can fuck around all day and then pick her up after work at 9pm.

>>18064485
She dated a few guys who went to Harvard and she thought and she thinks she's hot shit. She dated some wall street trader too.

>>18064489
I don't know about her family, as she's from mainland China.

But I'm fairly sure she does really have something wrong with her as before this:
>she starts talking to me about people from Columbia University who are following her
>and saying her Chinese name and telling her to kill herself
>tell her that's obviously nonsense as that sounds like the ramblings of a crazy person
>that sets her off even more
>she asks me why I won't just tell her the truth that I hear them too
>I honestly don't
>I never have
>eventually show her the movie a Beautiful Mind
>to show her that this shit happens to other people and that we should maybe get her into some type of therapy
>well that sets her off more because she keeps telling me she's not crazy
>eventually just agree never to talk about it again
>>
>>18064455

Now you learned your lesson. don't get married.
>>
>>18064455
Women who give a fuck about valentines are retarded as fuck.
>>
File: The Ultimate Laser Adventure.jpg (112KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The Ultimate Laser Adventure.jpg
112KB, 768x1024px
>I really don't know how I can get her to bury the hatchet. She's got it in her head that my mom is trying to break us up and that I don't love her.

This shit is called baggage. You did nothing to give this to her; she had it before she hooked up with you. This is what guys are talking about when they say they're looking for a woman with less baggage.
>>
>>18064552
Explain...
>>
File: 1378278722872.gif (339KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
1378278722872.gif
339KB, 250x167px
>>18064455

My first and only piece of advice is to not seek marital advice from a bunch of teenage weebs on the internet. These kids know as much about women and marriage as chipmunks know about boat maintenance.

Seek help elsewhere. Anywhere else. You're a grown god damned married man, you should be talking to your wife, not the internet.
>>
>>18064592

>You're a grown god damned married man, you should be talking to your wife, not the internet.

This so much bro. Just man up and take control of your relationship.
>>
>>18064592
>>18064600

This is literally it.

I've asked other places, friends, and relatives.

I've gotten a bunch of different answers and yes, you are right 4chan is not the place to come marital advice. I'm literally at the end of my rope.
>>
>>18064518
>she asks me why I won't just tell her the truth that I hear them too
>eventually just agree never to talk about it again

OP, you ignored a huge red flag and now you are paying the consequences. Did you thought that hearing voices is something that would just improve if you dind't talked about it?
That woman clearly needs medical help. Stop avoiding the subject, she would just get worse with time

>>18064603

I think the majority of us have at least OP's age.
>>
Your wife sounds like she has some form of mental illness. She also sounds selfish and expects others to take care of her.

And by the way "tells me nothing" apparently means "I don't want to do anything in particular, but if you were a good and loving husband, you would have had something planned".
>>
>wife is having auditory hallucinations
>tells you not to talk about it
>you agree
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.