[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't majored in Animation or similar stuff (I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1479648357679.jpg (969KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479648357679.jpg
969KB, 1920x1080px
I didn't majored in Animation or similar stuff (I'm a software engineering), but I'm extremely interested in working in the animation field. In fact I think I should have studied it.
Options are:

-Major on it (3 more years. I'm 22)
-Get a fuck ton of certificates or courses

What can I do?
>>
Do you have any experience working with animation, or is this just a whim?

If not, I would suggest downloading SFM, and playing around with it bit, seeing if you can make something very small.
>>
>>18064328

I do have some experience in animation, but not in a "professional" level. If you ask me "are you passionate about it?" My answer would be yes, no doubt, since a lot of years.
>>
>>18064328

I mean:

Would you suggest a full new 3years major of it? Or with courses can I get it?

And of course, it's all about skill, but I do wish to get inside the atmosphere (people, events, etc.)
>>
To work in the field you have to qualify to be employed, to qualify you need a certificate, to get a certificate you have to major on it. Good luck. You're young.
>>
>>18064387

If you're considering switching your major, it almost certainly won't hurt to take a few classes and see how you like it. It's not like you have decide to dedicate three years towards it right away.
>>
>>18064410

Depends. If you want to work in film, where photorealistic or extremely detailed animation using very expensive software is required, probably.

But for something like the video game industry? You could absolutely teach yourself everything you'll need to know to get hired.
>>
>>18064310

Majored in Animation in College back in 09 and graduated. Got an internship which turned into a job and it was hands down the worst decision of my life. My roommate in college is still an Animator and hates his life more and more every day.

Extremely long hours, insane deadlines, completely unrewarding in almost every aspect, and the pay is HORRIBLE!

Ended up jumping ship and becoming a software engineer for flight systems and it's the best decision I've ever made. Super flexible hours, great pay, stress free job, and great benefits.

Just thought I'd let you know that the Animation field looks a lot better than it actually is.

Then again maybe I was a shitty Animator, but I know for a fact my friend is very talented and still hates his job.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.