[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adv/, how to study? Since the beginning of this day I wanted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1481408619005.jpg (74KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1481408619005.jpg
74KB, 800x792px
Adv/, how to study?

Since the beginning of this day I wanted to study for the test I have on Tuesday I just can't.

I don't know if I'm weak willed or what.

I'm 18, in 2018 I'll be writing those important exams(called matura here in Poland) and I just can't learn

I tried to discipline myself.
2 years ago I would have perfect grades and now it's going rather shitty(I go to a private school and my parents said they'll stop paying for it since I have no drive to study) and I want to graduate the place I'm at right now.

What do?

Another problem is maths. I don't get it. At all. I'll be writing the extended maths tests and I probably will get 30% since I don't get it at all.

Same thing here as it was before. 2 years ago I'd be one of the best maths students now I'm fucking shit at it.

Help pls

Thanks
>>
can you study with friends or classmates at all?
don't do it in your house, go to a library or something
tell yourself if you study x amount of material you'll treat yourself somehow
>>
>>18064195
>>18064195
Thought of doing that, thanks.

I realised that when I'm at school and study outside next to the classrooms it goes better for me. Less distraction I guess.

Thanks brother
>>
test
>>
File: 1483968514256.jpg (85KB, 770x936px) Image search: [Google]
1483968514256.jpg
85KB, 770x936px
>>
File: 1481685604782.jpg (88KB, 478x238px) Image search: [Google]
1481685604782.jpg
88KB, 478x238px
Any answers to the maths part?
Thanks bros
>>
What level of math?
>>
>>18064378
Extended stuff

Like trigonometry and quadratic stuff and so on

Basically things one would learn in school when one would like to study maths in uni
>>
File: icky list.png (77KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
icky list.png
77KB, 640x427px
I recommend reading both parts of "why procrastinators procrastinate" on waitbutwhy (google it, can't link because of spam detection or whatever). Keep the mental images of the second part present. Reread it before your dedicated study hour (or 30 minutes), really put the image of the monkey in your mind. And always remind yourself that a house is built not by being an insane flawless builder of houses for two days, but by laying down a brick everyday for an entire year.

(the follow up article "procrastination matrix" is also not a bad read, but you should reserve that as a reward for when you actually do what you have to do)

Set yourself concrete, easy and possible objectives, and put out rewards for them. Instead of "Learn math", do "Read 20 minutes of chapter 5 in the math book" and then "spend 20 doing the exercises for the bit you read earlier". Give yourself a chocolate thing for each, have someone else admin them so you don't cheat. If you only managed to do the first thing, give yourself the chocolate for the first thing. Don't sack yourself for failing the second, but congratulate yourself for the first. You still put down a brick that day.
Set up a timer thing for these, like a kitchen clock. (called pomodoro technique, look into it)
If the internet is a problem, look into tools that block access, I've used leechblock for firefox. Alternatively, determine what things you need from the internet (probably nothing if you're at the matura level, as everything is provided in paper, at least it was for me), and then pull the plug physically. My most productive time was when our ISP fucked our connection for three weeks last year.

Don't spend your entire time planning and looking up fancy study techniques, remember the article:
>Procrastinators love planning, quite simply because planning does not involve doing, and doing is the procrastinator’s Kryptonite.

Don't think "Just do."
Think "Do".
>>
Study for 25-30 minute sessions (pomodoro technique) and reward yourself after (5 minutes of 4chan, some candy, whatever). Basically train your brain like a dog.
>>
>>18064497

oops, just noticed this guy posted the same shit >>18064476

but yea. do it OP.
>>
Thanks very much bros
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.