[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am about to start University in a week. what can I do to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Anime.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Anime.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
I am about to start University in a week.

what can I do to make my time in uni a positive experience?
>>
>>18062263
Say hi to the person you sit next too. When you break the ice, it reliefs that awkwardness between people. Usually people tend to open up when you introduce yourself
>>
>>18062263
don't procrastinate. you see these stories of people having to pull all nighters but they only have to do that because they pissed the whole entire week away that they had to do the assignment.
>>
>>18062285
Got it.

I was also told to join societies to expand my social circle so I'm gonna give that a go as well.

>>18062330
Taken on board.
I'll be sure to start assignments early.
>>
>>18062263
If there is a Starbucks on campus go there after class
It will teach you everything you need to know about your future
>>
Remember you're there to get educated(unless you're not). Always put that first, so If you want to make friends, then find ones who also care about their education, and will positively reinforce this.

two birds one stone.

best of luck.
>>
If you wanna make friends, go to every single one of those stupid campus events. Yes, they are exactly as cringy as they sound, but trust me. If you skip out you'll never make friends.

If you're living on campus, don't stay in your room. Your room should basically just be the place you sleep and relax in. Be out and about as much as possible.
>>
File: This is bad gif.gif (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
This is bad gif.gif
2MB, 720x540px
>>18062263
First few weeks literally just try to make as many friends as possible. Go out of your comfort zone and completely separate yourself from your old life. Remember most people are in the same situation as yourself so it is a safe bet to just ask to for example hang out with someone you just met a day ago. Once studying starts you won't have time and a network of people for support helps.
>>
Talk to people. If you don't make an effort to make friends, it's going to be a long, lonely 3+ years.

Also do extra-curriculars and get a part time job, even if it's not related to your degree. Do not underestimate how much more employable these make you. A degree alone is not enough these days.
>>
>>18062395

This.

Speak to everyone, say yes to everything whether it sounds fun or not.

(....but say no to Crystal meth)
>>
OP here.

Thanks again everyone.

I know a good place to start.

Otherwise, bumping for more
>>
Be positive, positive things will happen to you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.