[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time posting here so we'll see how it goes... Over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1461032960924.png (98KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1461032960924.png
98KB, 612x491px
First time posting here so we'll see how it goes...

Over the last two weeks I keep seeing the exact same girl at around 6:00 - 6:15 in the local supermarket of my town. I tried to make eye contact a few times and give her a smile, we've both acknowledged each other from time to time. I know that alone doesn't really mean much, they're just friendly gestures... but for the least three days I have a real urge to go over and talk to her... there's something about her that immediately attracts my attention each time, something that doesn't happen too often with me.

Now, for starters... I've never been in a relationship and there's few people that I'd strongly consider as friends. I think that this is mostly due to my working arrangements which somewhat limits me with meeting people my age (19 - 21). I've never been the "where the party at" type either so I've never really thought about what I can actually go out and do with the sole intention of meeting new people. With all of this being said... I wouldn't say that I'm _autistic_ and that with the right people, I can hold a conversation. I meet and talk to a lot of new people on a day to day basis with work (and also build relationships that I see consistently) so this has certainly forced my to develop to an extent in that sense.

My only concern is how I can go about making conversation with her in a supermarket without looking in anyway transparent... yet at the same time miss any opportunity. I don't know... what would you do? What would perhaps be an instant 'red flag' to her... if that's the right thing to ask?
>>
>>18061960
>Confident walk from an angle that is not directly in front of her, nor from behind her, try 45degrees
>"Hey, I was wondering if you could help me pick out a few groceries for a new diet I'm working on, you look like you know your stuff"
>Expand conversation into what she tends to buy at the store, and branch out from there - conversations always have branches
>Read a few things from around the store in certain locations, if you guys walk and talk, you're golden

That's a decent 'cold approach' in a supermarket, I believe. Try to use the experience you have already and pick some conversation topics from there.
>>
>>18061997
That's the sort of thing I was thinking of. Or even just ask about something that she's obviously looking at too?

Assuming it isn't toilet roles or cat litter...
>>
>>18062013
Your approach would get past the issue of finding an opener to discuss things with her, but it leaves too much potential for an awkward 'end of the line' moment after you've talked about whatever she's looking at.

The one I suggested, I believe, gives you some important 'value' points:

- 'I was wondering if you could help me pick out a few groceries' shows purpose; you have a list of things to buy, and are inviting her to support you in this.
- The confident 45 degree angle approach is already showing her that 'hey, this guy knows where he's going, gotta be a man with a purpose'
- Expanding the conversation from a cold approach that has a sense of direction behind it allows you to steer the journey, not her.
>>
>>18062037
After I posted that.. I did think of the possibility of a "shit... what next" moment. I've read about the angling of approach before, definitely seems to be the small things that count.

I'm certainly not /fit/ tier, but I always eat as healthily as possible anyway. Starting a conversation about diet suggestions... I suppose that'd give a somewhat decent impression?
>>
>>18062052
Yeah, you're definitely getting it, but I understand the fact that it's easy enough to write it down here, but to do it in practice is an entirely different can of worms...

Depending on where you live, health and diets can be as important as mainstream world news, as strange as it sounds. People in certain places idolise self improvement, especially if they can't do it themselves; dieting is an example of self-improvement but also self-maintenance.

Self-maintenance is a big topic, but the basics are grooming, diet, fitness and social cricle. If you can demonstrate the diet and fitness sections, her mind will race about how you must also be a well-kept and connected guy.

Little things like the 'angle of approach' are cheap tidbits to keep you focused on the path of confidence, nowadays I steal from the djbible and use whatever I remember...
>>
>>18062065
Yeah, that's the thing... I never go out of my way to look up things like this so what I'm reading here is the first advice I've really seen. Usually with people, I just go with things on the fly but this is of course different. It's so easy for me to overthink.

Like I said, for the last three days I've thought I should just go and make conversation but I've always had that looming thought of 'what if...' and constantly doubting how I'd go about starting the conversation.

I try to look after and do well for myself but the one thing that's always held me away from making any advances in general is that I see myself as certainly nothing special physically... sure, there's a lot worse than me about, but I'm definitely on one end or the other of 'average'. I've always had the impression that this is "the" deciding factor for people, although I know that this isn't necessarily true.

I'm from England. Of course there's health conscious people here but I don't know how she is personally in that sense... but she too looks like she takes care of herself in terms of dietary etc so I suspect what you mentioned could go somewhere as a conversation. I hope.

>inb4 I never see her again
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.