[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I need some relationship advice. So recently I met

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1486693294138.jpg (34KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1486693294138.jpg
34KB, 426x341px
Hey guys. I need some relationship advice.

So recently I met this girl who I really like and we got really attached as friends really quickly. I asked her out not too long after meeting her, and she kindly turned me down, but said she would love to hang out.

Today she came over to my house, and at first stuff was pretty low-key. We just watched some anime and had lunch. After finishing another episode though was when things got out of hand.

I admitted to her that I was very flustered. We talked about the possibility of dating. She says that she wants to build more trust first.

Despite that, things got weirdly intimate. She let me lean on her, which eventually lead to some pretty sensual snuggling. At one point she noticed my bulge in my jeans, and she said it was okay because it was a natural reaction. I ended up kissing her belly at one point, which kinda weirded her out.

After I left to go to the bathroom and came back, we sort of distanced each other a bit. When she was about to leave she said she'd rather be friends, with no context as to whether that would be permanent.

Do you guys think that there's still a chance we could be together? Or did I fuck my opportunity up?
>>
>>18061915
Why the fuck did you kiss her belly.. should have just kissed her mouth dumbass
>>
>>18061923
I was already face-down in her pudge. She laid on my soft gut as well.
>>
>>18061915
Sounds like you fucked up. You got a boner and kissed her stomach. Probably weirded her the fuck out and severely damaged any chance you had.
>>
>>18061941
The thing was though, she bluntly admitted that she was aroused as well. She even said that she kinda liked getting her stomach kissed. She just never had anyone else do that.
>>
>>18061915
It's over. Write it down in your relationship history book and move on with your own life. Cut contact with her too, unless you can find a way to meet the high maintenance cost that is 'female friend'.

Meanwhile, hit the gym, hit the books, and improve yourself socially for the next stage of woman.
>>
>>18061915
>Or did I fuck my opportunity up?

Do you actually believe "Well, if I had acted in this other way, she would have decided she wants a romantic relationship with me or wants to have sex with me"? That's just foolish.

If you want a stable romantic relationship, when someone tells you they just want to be friends, accept it. Treat them like a friend, and look for your romantic relationship elsewhere.

Even if this girl changed her mind, what that gets you is a "girlfriend" who doesn't really know what she wants and who isn't wholeheartedly into you.
>>
>>18061971
She outwardly expressed that she was very attached to me though! It's not as simple as that!
>>
>>18061978
Then you wait. If you already tried taking things to another level and she said she wasn't ready, all you can do is move on until she comes crawling back, which will definitely happen if she is truly very attracted to you.
>>
You made a significant effort.
The outcomes are unpredictable because you're dealing with another human remember. You tried. Some girls like it when I kiss their belly button. You're the man.
>>
>>18061978
She did no such thing, and even if she did, I'm afraid she didn't say it with any intention of following up on it.

This is only because she doesn't know what she wants with you, and nothing to do with you personally.
>>
>>18061993
Don't listen to this. Advice that tries to definitively state something like "I'm afraid she didn't say it with any intention of following up on it" is bad advice. There are too many variables and possible reasons behind her actions that this person doesn't know about for statements like this to hold any weight.
>>
>>18061915
Hey anon, most women categorize prospective partners almost immediately. When they first see or interact with someone, in their head they slot you into one of two categories. 1) They are attracted to you and could see themselves dating you 2) They don't see you as a potential partner.

It really seems as though she doesn't see you as a potential partner, most of this sub would agree with me when I say that it's not worth the effort to try and turn her.

The more effort you put into trying to swoon or impress her is likely to do the opposite. The best thing you can do (even if you want her) is to seek out other options, to take care of yourself, without pursuing a dead end.

If anything she will see that you don't NEED her affection, and this will make you all the more attractive to her.

Does this make sense?
>>
>>18062002
No, it's advice based on given context, I see no warmth in her response, nor do I see what she said being reconciled with any follow up 'lets see where it goes from here'-type response.

These 'too many variables and possible reasons' encompass scenarios which support my viewpoint too e.g. this could genuinely be a 'dismissing' situation, with no future for it.
>>
>>18062008
Okay, well, here's the thing...

She said that she wanted to date me. It was just that she wanted to pace things out. Something at some point though made her reconsider this. But I feel like there's something still there because of how intimate she let me get.
>>
>>18062008
That's not true though. Maybe for picking up a one night stand, but definitely not to begin a long term relationship.
I myself want to become very good friends before attempting anything romantic. Keep hanging out with her, but stop pushing her boundaries. She's probably shy and awkward like me and needs to feel safe and like she can trust you before anything turns too heated. Not respecting her pace might have been a huge turn off.
>>
>>18061978
I think you need to keep in mind that even if she lets things go further, the message you're getting from her over and over is that she's only interested in you as a friend.

I think you're wasting your time, but if you're not willing to go out and meet other people, I can see why you'd be so desperate to pursue something that seems so unpromising.
>>
>>18062044
You have to begin any relationship with a desire to better get to know the person. I think we're both just in disagreement with the signals that she displayed.

You're saying that she is simply trying to approach this at her own pace, I think that she is trying to let anon down easily by saying she just wants to be friends.

I think we can both agree in either case that anon needs to step back a bit, and at the very least give her space. I think it's more than healthy to still pursue other partners during this process because it will give perspective either way.

If he see's other girls and doesn't like them as much as this girl, that's great, and it will him realize it's worth his time to go at her pace.
>>
>>18061915

Holy fuck this made me laugh. Please tell me this is b8 OP, please.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.