[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've decided to switch courses in university but I cannot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0909.jpg (258KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0909.jpg
258KB, 768x1024px
I've decided to switch courses in university but I cannot decide whether I should study math and physics or math and philosophy. Plz help
>>
>>18060968
Physics and philosophy
>>
well it depends what you care about
from a career perspective physics is probably better
>>
You know what is best for you. You're wasting your time here.
>>
>>18060974
Either way I plan to apply to graduate school or maybe professional school, but more interested in grad school
>>18060973
Why?
>>
The dog and the guy have the same attitude towards the world.
>>
If you want to go to grad school in math, I would advise not wasting your time on either physics or philosophy. If you're dead-set on double majoring though, I would do philosophy because it's interesting and much easier than physics (not hating on philosophy, but it's the truth).

Obviously, if you're interested in grad school in philosophy or physics you should study those.

You say you might be interested in professional school, by which I'm assuming you mean business school. If that's the case, I wouldn't study any of the above; just study something relatively easier like finance, business or economics and get a high GPA, and do some "leadership" activities on the side (i.e., lead some campus clubs).

If you're not interested in any of the above options, you ought to major in something more practical, like computer science or engineering. The fact that you are considering majoring in math or physics tells me you have a good work ethic, but there's no reason to waste it on fairly inapplicable theoretical subjects unless you plan on studying those in grad school.
>>
File: reagan.jpg (20KB, 474x305px) Image search: [Google]
reagan.jpg
20KB, 474x305px
>>18060968
Business and economics. Everything else is a waste of fucking time.
>>
>>18061205
Idtso
>>
>>18061153
I'm not sure whether I want to study math or physics in grad school, philosophy is something I don't plan on pursuing academically after undergrad. I guess I could just switch to math and try out physics courses and if I like them then go to the math/physics major
>>
Math student here. Avoid if you don't have good studying habits and unless you really love the subject. It is very much abstract, and often times feels wholly disconnected to the world.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.