[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are my friends just friends with me out of convenience? Sometimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1481089793611.jpg (40KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1481089793611.jpg
40KB, 535x577px
Are my friends just friends with me out of convenience? Sometimes they'll invite me to do something, sometimes they'll straight up lie about their plans and or hide them from me. They almost never invite me to get lunch at the caf (this is university btw), but I always see them sitting together. I think they just have separate group chats or something without me in it. I fucking hate this lonliness. I tried my best to be fun and talkative but they seem to be fruitless. They aren't mean to me (except douche Chad) but they don't seem to want me around much. What the fuck do I do, I've been trying to meet new people but it's not going so well.

I'm just sitting alone in my dorm, again, with no one to talk to while they're probably all out having fun
>>
>>18059328
>They almost never invite me to get lunch at the caf (this is university btw), but I always see them sitting together
What's stopping you from joining them?
>>
Freshman year friends are stepping stones that you toss in the trash once you find someone better sophomore and junior year

join some clubs and take it easy and new people will come
>>
>>18059340
Because I never know when all of them are going and it's two times a day. It'd be tiring to bug them twice a day to ask them when they're eating together. The few times I happen to run into them I sit with them, and since I'm at the end I'm barely spoken too and just silently eat. It's fucking terrible
>>
>>18059344
I just joined a second sports team so here' s hoping for something
>>
>>18059328
>Are my friends just friends with me out of convenience?
I'd say probably not.
I've known a lot of people on both sides of this situation and it basically always boils down to one of two things:
1) They're friends with you, but closer friends with each other. It's really easy to get into a "friend group," but it takes more effort to create one-on-one relationships. Invite some or all of them to do things with you. Plan a movie or video game night, or invite them to get lunch somewhere with you. They'll probably feel good getting invited to things and want to do the same to you.
2) You're the person in the friend group that people just don't like. I've seen this happen on people who are just too weird, people who are dangerous or self-destructive, people who cause too much drama, etc. If this is the case then you probably won't ever be truly accepted, but you can still make friends with some of them. If they get really abusive to you for no reason, then maybe you should look for a new friend group.

tl;dr if you want them to invite you to shit, invite them to shit
>>
>>18059347
I meant if you see them, join them.
>>
They probably don't even consider you a friend. Cut your losses.
>>
>>18059355
read again plz
>>18059354
I'm gonna guess it's the latter. I sadly don't really have anything interesting to invite people to besides the gym..
>>
>>18059347
Hmm. Seems like Noone likes you friend.
>>
>>18059411
I want to fucking die I tried my best
>>
>>18059344
This. I tagged along with some people as practice friends to improve my social skills until I found people I legit wanted to hang with that I could use those skills on.
>>
>>18059354

This is a good post.

>>18059364
Create something to do, you sperg. Don't just give up because they might not want to do something. Maybe there's a concert, or event on campus, or something like that. Or go buy a cool new video game. Invite people to your place, or maybe a different place for lunch. The world's your oyster.

How often do you ever reach out and see what everyone is doing? This is a two-way street man, you can't just assume everyone is going to make a special effort to invite you along when you've never expressed any interest in going.

You don't need a formal invite to everything.
>>
>>18059364
I prob should've said: I'm assuming it's the former
Even if it's not you should make the effort anyway. How is there any downside to inviting your friends to the gym/a movie/to get food
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.