[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The girl I'm into is apparently pretty conservative. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

The girl I'm into is apparently pretty conservative. I'm not extremely liberal, but I guess I typically fall on the left side of most social issues. I'm not sure if this is going to create a divide between us. Do you guys think I can get through this, or should I start looking elsewhere?
>>
>>18056935
My boyfriend is liberal and I'm conservative. It hasn't affected our relationship at all. As long as you have a plan to prevent pregnancies effectively (as she is likely anti-abortion) you should be okay.
>>
>>18056935
depends on how open-minded and tolerant she is towards people who don't agree with her beliefs and opinions
>>
>>18056935
You need to share the same values and life goals if you want a successful lifelong relationship
>>
>>18056940
Depends on how tolerant and open-minded OP is too
>>
>>18056940
>>18056943
this.
>>
You have to remember that most of the world isn't /pol/.

Adults generally can accept that other people have different opinions and respect them.

The only girl I've been in a relationship with was an extreme liberal tree-hugging vegan. I'm the opposite as I fall in line with most right-wing thinking. Our difference in opinion over political stuff didn't have any effect in our relationship.
>>
>>18056941
no you don't. So long as you patiently work through any issues that actually come up that's fine.
>>
>>18056961
Yes you do. Especially if you want a life partnership and to have children together. Sharing values and life goals are like the bare minimum.

Speaking of kids, one common value/life goal difference is when one person wants to have kids and the other doesn't. Try compromising your way out of that.
>>
>>18056943
No, just her. Liberals are inherently more open minded. That's basically the point of that orientation.
>>
>>18056991
It's great to share some of the same values and goals but you don't have to be 100% identical in your outlook on life to have a happy relationship.
>>
>>18057003
Doesn't seem like it when they stomp and whine like petulant children when they don't get their way. In my country we had very bad leftist/liberal riots when a right-wing government took the parliament.
>>
>>18057003
>Liberals are inherently more open minded
Maybe 20 years ago. Liberals now like to stomp out anybody who opposes their line of thinking. Let's just say that nobody was getting assaulted for voting for voting for Hillary Clinton.
>>
>>18057010
No one said anything about outlook or 100% of anything. You need to at least share base values and life goals though.

So in relation to the OP, political views aren't often influenced by values, at least in part. If these differences in political views also translate to a difference in values and life goals, then that will probably be a problem. If not, then it probably won't be a big deal.
>>
>>18057003
This is some terrible terrible bait.
>>
>>18057042
*are
>>
>>18057038
>Let's just say that nobody was getting assaulted for voting for voting for Hillary Clinton.
This isn't the place for this, I know, but this is demonstrably false. Google turns up dozens of articles documenting exactly this, with, I'm sure, plenty more hiding out there that Google failed to return. Anecdotally, I heard several credible-seeming reports of this happening in the mid-sized city where I lived in November, and I can't tell you how many times I've seen /pol/ etc doxx, harass and threaten people for saying whatever random bullshit on Facebook or Tumblr or wherever.

You're full of shit, and I think you know it.

Maybe one side is more or less "tolerant" than the other, but these days, they're both unpleasant enough that it's hard to tell.
>>
>>18057003
Yes. Liberals are open minded and tolerant as long as you never disagree with them.
>>
>>18057052
>Things that never happened: the post
>>
>>18057052
Top fucking kek, when you google "Hillary supporter beaten" the first 3 pages are of Trump supporters getting attacked. Nice try faggot. And doxxing on /pol/? Literally never happens, and I guarantee you couldn't find a single instance of it happening in the archive. The only people /pol/ has ever doxxed are people who have done something violent, like the faggot antifa member who sucker punched Richard Spencer.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.