[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are economically valuable skills that you can teach yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1487057671930.jpg (18KB, 270x320px) Image search: [Google]
1487057671930.jpg
18KB, 270x320px
What are economically valuable skills that you can teach yourself (don't have to rely on college)?
>>
>>18053044
programming/coding/hacking.
>>
>>18053054
This.
Web Development is pretty easy to learn. You can potentially get a job without a degree if your portfolio and passion is strong enough.

Check out some of the guides on /g/. codecademy is a great introduction point.
>>
>>18053044
Social Skills niggggga
>>
>>18053044
Cooking, especially line cooking

>you will always have a job as long as you want to work
>save money and make awesome dishes at home for 1/3rd the cost of eating out
>>
>>18053044

multi-lingual.

Learn to read/write and speak a few languages.

The internet is amazing for reading and writing.
You learn the basics the same way you'd teach a child. Learning the alphabet first (a = apple) then basic words, gradually working your way up to more difficult works with more varied vocabularies. From there you can deduce words meanings from context or look them up.
Honestly, the best way to do it would be to start with children's books (or E-books) to reading novels.

While doing this, immerse yourself in websites, forums and video-games that use the language.

Similiarly, you can learn to speak+understand the vocal language by starting with cheesy kids shows and working your way up to more complex TV in the language.

All sorts of jobs you can get with this;
>Translation
>Immigration
>Jobs involving work with minorities
>Security services,
>Intelligence services,
>International business rep/associate,
>Transport, tourism or tourism linked (such as working at popular tourist attractions) jobs.
>>
>>18053407
Bullshit. I speak English and German fluently, unless it's coupled with another degree, no one gives a fuck that some random fucker can speak two languages. Maybe if I had a degree in finance or something I would be a good guy to go overseas and talk to international investors. But just speaking two languages alone is worth fuck all in the age of google translate.

And interestingly enough, I've noticed that pretty much everyone who recommends learning a second language is mono-lingual themselves, which indicates how much of a meme skill it is.
>>
>>18053044

Construction

Lotta strong male role models to give ya guidance

You'll build a strong body to support a strong mind

You'll be able to apply these skills elsewhere in life.
>>
>>18053246
>>18053054
Computer science was the only course I've dropped because it was so awful. It seems like the best choice though, so maybe I'll look at /g/ and see if I can give it another try.

>>18053684
I'm a girl and a weak one at that, I doubt I'd be able to do construction, let alone fit in.
>>
>>18054191
What courses DO you like?
>>
>>18053246
Exactly. I taught my roommate enough web development that he got a better paying job as me.
>>
>>18053383
Second this

You can also impress any SO you may have with your good cooking skills.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.