[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I put all my eggs in one basket. I was supposed to be leaving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1486775681754.jpg (338KB, 1200x804px) Image search: [Google]
1486775681754.jpg
338KB, 1200x804px
So I put all my eggs in one basket. I was supposed to be leaving in 12 days to change careers. I put my two weeks in at work and I notified my landlord in leaving at the end of the month. Now it's looking like I won't get the job because of a technicality. What do I do? The likelyhood of me getting another job with full-time hours isn't very good, and I already told my family I'm going. I will have $1400 to my name, and I'm honestly thinking about moving out of state (which I was going to do anyways) and not telling anyone the real truth.
>>
>>18052768
Just cancel everything and remain in your current situation until you have that other job. I've seen it so many times with different people in just the span of two years where they return to the job after saying they are going to quit.

However if you have a plan that can work off of $1400 you can go with that as well.
>>
>>18052776
No plan. I have a skill that is in demand literally anywhere though. The only problem is it's hard to get a job without a home and it's even harder to get a home without a job.
>>
>>18052790
I don't know the extent to which you say you need a home but you could try one of those roommate searches where you rent out a room in someones house. My friend used one to move himself and get a job. He stayed with this couple that was in their 30s that let him have his own room. He got to use all of their stuff as if they were parents. The only thing he really had to get himself was food to eat but it was cool since sometimes they brought food home and shared it.

So it'll depend on who you find and how long they agree to let you stay. I think my friend stayed with that couple for 5 months. That's a start if you do want to take your $1400 and still move out.
>>
>>18052820
This might be a really stupid question, but if I have enough money to make it there and pay first month's rent, do you think renters would let me stay there without a job (yet) if I explain that I'm moving? Or is that not even worth pursuing?
>>
>>18052867
Yea totally. My friend didn't have a job yet but moved first to get away from the situation he was in (like 4 roommates already living together in an apartment and no one was paying rent except him). The first thing he did was look short term. People he found let him stay something like 2-4 weeks at a time and the price was cheap. The one that stands out in my memory is he paid $80 to sleep in these peoples living room for a month. They had a pull out couch for him.

He used that time to land interviews and eventually he got a job. You can look cheap and discuss your situation with them. I have a feeling most people are willing to help you out.

I actually want to encourage you now to move out. It's easier said than done because even I would hesitate at following the advice I'm giving you but this is one way to start your life.
>>
>>18052875
The only thing I'm scared of is running out of money and becoming homeless. Other than that it seems like a good idea. Frankly, an heroing sounds better than facing all my family and coworkers once again and saying I'm not going. I've had to do that about five or six times now, and it's really embarrassing... failing publicly like that.
>>
>>18052909
You just have to budget yourself really well. Don't look for expensive roommate situations where you're paying like $300 a month or something you can't afford since you don't have any income.

If you go $200 a month or lower that will last you probably 5 months. During that time you can get a temporary job just to make sure you build something up until you get to your real job.

Before you go homeless you have time to build a connection with people who can help you avoid that situation as long as you're working towards it.

So budget and actively earn money should take care of those fears. Remember to always expect the unexpected so you might really only have $1000 to spend because that other $400 has to go to something unexpected.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.